Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2019, 07:19 PM

1,754 posts, read 755,134 times

Advertisements

I guess I am thin and fit because of white privilege and not because over 99.0% of the time I drink I choose water, choose to eat right and avoid junk food, and choose to exercise everyday.

I have stress issues, but gee...they haven't held me back physically.

Racism is a real issue, but so is personal accountability at some point for food and exercise choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2019, 10:50 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times
Will any of this fly when whites fall under the 50% mark? When others, Hispanics and Asians begin to flex some political muscle, will whites still be blamed for this that and the other?

How will it play out?

Old 10-16-2019, 11:04 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
and what would a session look like? what would this therapist tell black people to make them feel good while being black?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Is it a ridiculous idea that a racist society can create more stress in the population that is the brunt of racism? This is what I don't get. People seem to not have any inductive or deductive reasoning when looking at this. Does racism cause stress? Does the accrued impact, socioeconomically, from centuries of racism create more stress in the race that was the target of the racism? Deductively, if stress slows metabolism and racism causes stress.....its logical to assume that racism can slow metabolism. If A = B...and B = C....then A = C deductively.

People here are looking for a DIRECT causation.....because people do not want to address the indirect ways people are impacted by prolonged racism. In fact, people simply don't want to admit or address anyway that racism has had a negative impact on black people. People are hell bent on removing racism from having any influence on the black condition today.
She also blamed Trump for it, so please answer me, was she skinny when Obama was the president?

Old 10-16-2019, 11:11 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Will any of this fly when whites fall under the 50% mark? When others, Hispanics and Asians begin to flex some political muscle, will whites still be blamed for this that and the other?

How will it play out?
Whites, and the "legacy of colonialism", are still blamed for most problems in Africa. Fifty years from now America will no doubt be said to suffer from the "legacy of white supremacy".

Old 10-17-2019, 07:10 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Whites, and the "legacy of colonialism", are still blamed for most problems in Africa. Fifty years from now America will no doubt be said to suffer from the "legacy of white supremacy".
yes. the time frame for blaming whitey is ∞

Old 10-17-2019, 07:30 AM

2,180 posts, read 640,460 times
Quote:

Think about how quickly "white supremacy" came into the national parlance.

"Racism" has been abandoned, because people started to realize how "classically racist" the rhetoric of the left was. It's why some professors were able to submit excerpts from Mein Kampf and replace "Jews" with "white males" and it was accepted for publication.

[For those interested in that last tidbit: https://www.insidehighered.com/news/...ortland-state]

Because "racist" fails to have impact anymore, the left then launched a failed attempt to redefine racism as "only white people can be racist because racism is prejudice+power".... but that didn't work. Tons and tons of people have experienced racism and prejudice at the hands of people of color.... so what to do?

Well, now they have switched to "White Supremacy" as being the term du jour; the bogeyman under the bed. Someone is no longer just a racist or a bigot... nope. They are "White Supremacist."

The average person may not understand what's going on. But it's up to us to make sure they understand the games being played in the media and in the academy.

Old 10-17-2019, 07:32 AM

2,180 posts, read 640,460 times
Quote:

I'll take blame for everything bad in the world, if we can simultaneously take credit for everything good.

It's always the ones who contributed the least to the advancement of humanity that claim they were or would have been KINGS if not for YTY!

Old 10-17-2019, 07:37 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I am not going to insult the woman because she is big. I question her excuses for being big. In this day and age it is usually by choice. With gastric bypass surgeries and good diet and fitness routine it can usually b e controlled. She jumped on the race bandwagon. Why not? It seems like everyone else is doing it and successfully. Whites like Biden and Hillary are self haters. Works for them. Blacks like Waters and my always favorite Shiela Jackson Lee do it and no one complains.

We hear about shaming. The left will denounce it, unless they are doing it to ridicule Trump, then it's ok. The right does it and I am guilty of it too. Either embrace your plus size or do something about. The choice is yours. Blaming others and blaming Trump isn't going to fix your problem.

It really is simple math. Take in 1500 calories and burn 1600 you won't have any calories to store as fat. Walk 10,000 steps a day.. Start there. no need for running, jogging or iron man workouts. Looking at some people in the video complaining, I think if they walk 10,000 steps a week that would be a lot.
All right. I'm going to get blasted for this, as usual, but these things I do know something about.

Among blacks, going into surgery for cosmetic reasons is an absolute no. It is looked down upon. This is why most blacks will not get things done like nose jobs, braces, face lifts, and so on. Sure there are also financial reasons, but the main one is that many still believe in leaving nature as it is. The idea of changing something about yourself to fit someone's else's idea of acceptable is the worst thing a black person can do.

Old 10-17-2019, 07:40 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
yes. the time frame for blaming whitey is ∞
This year I have seen a black politician blame Jews for the bad weather and a rotund black woman blame whites and Trump for black obesity.

I don't know man. Methinks they have run out of things to blame us for and are really scraping the barrel.

Old 10-17-2019, 09:29 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
This year I have seen a black politician blame Jews for the bad weather and a rotund black woman blame whites and Trump for black obesity.

I don't know man. Methinks they have run out of things to blame us for and are really scraping the barrel.
Blacks are blamed for quite a bit of things in the country and the world. The blame goes to both sides and probably accurate. Everyone thinks they are more good than bad. No one is going to bend just to make someone else feel better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies