Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2019, 10:16 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
So it is just a cash grab.

Shocking.
No...it was a Joke. Remember....you asked me to humor you. Obviously if I have to explain it....then you were not amused. I got a laugh out of it, though. Can't please everyone. That was some of my best stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Oh....so it was a put down against whites. Sometimes it's hard to tell if you are being bigoted toward whites or toward Jews.

You are showing hostility against whites and Jews both in this thread, as you have with others. Why did you bring up the Jewish country AT ALL in this thread?
Well....you are both so you can play twice the victim.

Old 10-27-2019, 10:22 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Quote:
Oh....so it was a put down against whites. Sometimes it's hard to tell if you are being bigoted toward whites or toward Jews.

You are showing hostility against whites and Jews both in this thread, as you have with others. Why did you bring up the Jewish country AT ALL in this thread?
Nope. It had to do with whites like YOU and your animosity against African-Americans. Not all whites are like you. Stop trying to make this about whites in general when it’s about those like you.

Similarly, Israel was brought in to show YOUR hypocrisy and you played right into it.

I’ve been blessed to be around Israeli Jews who don’t think like you, who make clear that the American ones like yourself have issues. So you silly accusations amuse me.

Good job.

Old 10-27-2019, 10:23 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
And she had been all along. Hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

Old 10-27-2019, 10:25 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Nope. I pointed out that she is in favor of giving BILLIONS to Israel because that is what we give every single year. I am not against aid but there is no reason to give that much aid out is sympathy for what did not occur here among other reasons, when there are wrongs to be righted in this very country.
But aid is not given for simpathy. It’s given for other reasons. I’m pretty sure all our aid is either to keep countries from attacking each other and to keep our military-industrial complex going. Look at Ukraine. We give them aid so they can buy weapons from us.

Old 10-27-2019, 10:29 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Exactly! She didn't say to take the money from the two Arab countries that get more than Israel and give it to blacks, did she? Nope, she said to take it from Israel (IOW, the Jews) and give it to blacks. What a tell.
I think some people just don’t understand what foreign aid is about. And I don’t understand what the resentment is about aid to Israel in particular when we give aid to so many countries.

Old 10-27-2019, 10:31 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Are you for real, Farrakhan admirer?

This entire thread is about blacks playing victim and demanding reparations - with YOU leading the cause. Even your name choice is playing the victim card.

Sorry, but if you want to see blacks achieve equality with whites, they need to make better choices. Who knows? They might even leap over those dang Jews that you resent for their success. The same choices are available to them: study hard, get good grades, NO BABIES, win scholarships to college, keep working hard, NO BABIES, graduate, get a good job, THEN get married, and THEN have children. But trying to short-step it by having whitey fork over more money to blacks who are 150 years removed from slavery....ain't gonna happen.

Emulate the Jews and the choices they've made despite bigotry put forward by the man you admire, Farrakhan, and you will find blacks eradicating most poverty in one to two generations.

Old 10-27-2019, 10:32 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I think some people just don’t understand what foreign aid is about. And I don’t understand what the resentment is about aid to Israel in particular when we give aid to so many countries.
It's due to antisemitism, although they try to deny it. There is simply no other viable explanation as to the double standard.

Old 10-27-2019, 10:32 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
So if I was born in a wealthy suburb, to wealth parents who were doctors, lawyers, business owners, etc, I would have no advantage over someone born into a poor inner-city housing project?

What if your ancestors passed down a genetic trait for heart disease? That does not matter?

What if your ancestors was wealthy and left you millions in stock? That would not matter?

What if your ancestor was a racist and you grew up being subconsciously or consciously indoctrinated to see another race as inferior?

What if your ancestor attended Harvard. Would that have anything with you getting into Harvard?

I can go on and on about how where you come from impacts where you are. Sure, one of the great things about America is that there is room to break out of these castes......but the castes still goes a long way in explaining outcome differentials in life.
Are you by any change describing your ancestors?

Old 10-27-2019, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I get what you’re saying, but my family is not rich. There are some members of my family today that do pretty well for themselves, but I don’t benefit from that other than I’m happy for their success. We are individuals.

I do feel for the black community. I am fine with grants to colleges that they already enjoy. I was born the same year that MLK was shot. I’ve seen unbelievable progress in the black community in my lifetime. Of course there are still poor black people who can’t break out of poverty. But there are harmful things that no one can address other than black people, like gang culture and unbelievable violence. I’ve seen countless interviews over the years of young black men who don’t think they’ll live long lives because they’ll be murdered. Murder is the #1 killer of young black males. I can’t fix that for them, and handing money to them isn’t going to fix it either.

The black people I know aren’t wealthy, but they do care about their kids and their education. They live in the suburbs like me, so their kids aren’t pressured into joining gangs. Their kids go on to college and will probably end up doing very well in life. I’d be more in favor of ending public housing projects and giving rent subsidies that can be used anywhere that rents to people. Integration of housing like they did with integration of schools. Not forcing it like that, but if people want to move to different areas they can even if they’re on public assistance. I feel like redlining and forcing poor people into public housing created what amounts to reservations, which created the attendant crime syndicates and kids who joined gangs for protection. And maybe I don’t have a clue and none of that is true or will fix the problem. All I know is most black people I know are doing fairly well and have a good family network, but when I see statistics on black poverty and other issues it’s concentrated in housing projects so I draw my own conclusions.
You live in a world in which, from day one, everything was created in your image.....as a white person. All the great people of history, Gods son, all those that accomplished something of value to humanity......WAS IN YOUR IMAGE. That is a hell of an inspiration and confidence booster. You know why so many blacks becomes successful at sports.....because they can see countless images of blacks being successful at sports. They learn to believe first and then achieve second. The world you are born into, as a white person, whether your poor or rich....you are conditioned to believe that you can do and be anything.....accept maybe a star running back in the NFL....lol.

People confuse issues of class with issues of race. People sometimes thinking that being poor meant that they had the same struggles as black people. No!. There are some people born into rich black families who may struggle in many ways out of their blackness that a poor white person will not.

We go around the world trying to change countries. We try to turn dictatorships into democracies. We send American troops and sacrifice American lives and spend billions on such efforts. Yet, we tell black people that they have to solve their own problems and that only they can solve them....without the help of government money. Its okay to try solve issues , via lives and money, created BY OTHERS going back 1,000 years, in another part of the world that none of us living in America had anything to do with creating......, but black people have to solve their own problems in America , because the people in America today did not have anything to do with our problems, the problems are too deep and tough and there is no money for it.

Yeah.....America cannot see it......but black people can clearly see it. We are not wanted nor respected in America, once all the shoes have been shined and all the cotton has been picked. You can dance around all your rationalizations to avoid the moral injury of recognizing who and what you all really are, but we are incredulous.

Save it for the choir.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 10-27-2019 at 10:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies