Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2019, 11:17 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Are you serious? Presidents? Obama was NOT a descendant of American slaves.

Anyway, people in African nations are all of those things as well. You have no idea what people would ha e become. Furthermore, no one know how Africans nations would have developed without European interference.

Idiotic statements.
Clearly Obama was only successful because he was a descendant of slave owners so he owes reparations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2019, 11:20 AM

2,264 posts, read 972,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Are you serious? Presidents? Obama was NOT a descendant of American slaves.

Anyway, people in African nations are all of those things as well. You have no idea what people would ha e become. Furthermore, no one know how Africans nations would have developed without European interference.

Idiotic statements.
Don't take my word for it. Ask any African-American if they'd rather be living in the U.S. today or in the African countries their ancestors came from.

Old 10-27-2019, 11:28 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
Don't take my word for it. Ask any African-American if they'd rather be living in the U.S. today or in the African countries their ancestors came from.
Been there, done that. First of all, most Africans-Americans don’t know which country or countries their ancestors came from since their entire cultural languages and affiliations were beaten out of their ancestors. And I’m willing to bet the majority today would tell you they would have preferred that Europeans stayed out of Africa. That’s putting it nicely. Definitely heard it many time and agree.

Old 10-27-2019, 11:29 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
African American couple who moved to Ghana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvD6ZLMn3u0

Old 10-27-2019, 11:38 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,185,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
African American couple who moved to Ghana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvD6ZLMn3u0
Everyone is better of with their own people on their own land, good or bad. I've never been able to understand why white Americans feel the need to bring non-whites (mainly blacks) onto their turf and then do nothing but complain about it when the non-whites don't assimilate. If no slaves had been brought, no slavery, then no need for talk of reparations, no ongoing divide over race. Same for the so-called "illegals." If it wasn't for bringing them in by the truckloads for low-cost labor to begin with, then no need for a wall being built.

Old 10-27-2019, 11:38 AM

Wakanda looks like a real paradise. Just don't drink the water.

Quote:
It's not safe to drink tap water in Ghana. In fact, many in Ghana still lack access to clean drinking water and safe sanitation. The situation is better than it was years ago but it still needs much improvement. You can see in this chart provided on the WHO/UNICEF site how the country is doing when is comes to access to quality water and sanitation. For many Ghanaians in rural areas, and for those without the ability to purchase bottled or bagged water, access to potable water is still an issue. Water-borne illnesses are still rampant in Ghana, and diarrhea is still a leading cause of death for children under the age of five.

Old 10-27-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Many black Africans live in Africa. It's not like a black person must be in the U.S. to exist. And there are probably many African-Americans that would say yes to moving to one of the African countries if they knew which one their ancestors came from. But even then, it's not as though they would be accepted with open arms, and unfortunately, almost none came claim knowing much about their origins. Here, there, everywhere. Everything is a lose-lose situation.

Old 10-27-2019, 11:53 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Wakanda looks like a real paradise. Just don't drink the water.
I have been to Ghana a couple of times. There is an issue with potable water......but if you are from Flint, Michigan....you should be used to it. Anyway, you can get by without using the tap for drinking.

Of note, over the last 10 years at least 6 of the fastest growing economies of the world were African nations. I can GUARANTEE you that within 10 years many African Americans will be moving to different countries in Africa.

Wakanda was such a big deal to African Americans and Africans. If you don't understand why....you will never understand what our plight and the impact of white supremacy.

I am contemplating retiring in Africa.....Lord willing.

Old 10-27-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
My father and mother divorced in 1969, when I was one year old. He lived in Chicago and I lived in Houston. I saw him sometimes at Christmas when we went to my parents’ hometown, and spent two summers with him in Chicago. My mom got a whopping $150/mo in support when my dad decided to pay it, which wasn’t until I was a teenager. There was no child support enforcement agency then like they have now. There was no wage withholding for support like they have now. So no, I did not have that advantage.
Money isn't everything. I just love it when non-black people claim not to have an advantage and then so many at the same bring up the differences in intellect, health, and physical appearance. Those three things pretty much dictate how life turns out for most individuals, and it just so happens that most blacks are considered at the bottom of all three no matter how much money they have.

Old 10-27-2019, 11:59 AM

Enslaved Africans were far worse off than if they'd be left in peace in their African homelands. A hundred and fifty years after the last slave was freed though their ancestors are far better off living in America than if they were living in poverty in modern Africa.

So after a two-term African-American presidency and fifty-plus years of de facto Affirmative Action reparations maybe it's just time to put paid to the past and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies