Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2019, 03:25 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Hit the nail on the head!

That liberal introduces Israel out of the blue on a thread about reparations to blacks, saying to take away the money given to Israel and give it to blacks. Very telling that she focuses her venom on the Jewish state, advancing the lie that Israel gets the most money, while simultaneously comolaining that Jews put Israel before America. There it is....in black and white....the special condemnation for Israel is a consequence of the hatred of Jews.

The fact is that both Afghanistan and Iraq get more money - each - than the Jewish country, but why isn't she - and other liberals who single out Israel for special condemnation - comolaining about all the money we give to Arabs, which is substantially more?

Liberals can argue to they're blue in the face that the special condemnation they direct toward the Jewish country has nothing to do with hostility toward Jews, but, as you say, people who aren't blinded by resentment for a people who are successful, despite persecution and prejudice, see right through it.
More hypocrisy. You made sure to declare in the other thread that you’re a Jew and point out how well Jews have done with the oppression you all suffered. But you never acknowledge the billions in aid given to Israel. You made sure to have all the SPECIAL CONDEMNATION for African-Americans, many of whose parents and grandparents fought in died in wars to defend your people, only to come home and be met with prejudice and be blocked from military benefits. But you have nothing to say about that.

Nobody cares about the Arabs. “The Arabs” are not one country and not one of their nations has individually received more aid that Israel. Furthermore, Arabs are not on this forum making ignorant statements about African-Americans, you are.

Pure hypocrisy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2019, 03:31 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Generally speaking, I don't have a problem with what you write. But that's not what Reine has been arguing. She has explicitly picked on Israel to support an argument that we shouldn't be taking care of others while there are millions of black Americans suffering from the effects of legal discrimination from Jim Crow, etc. But that argument shouldn't be an Israel or bust argument (as far as foreign aid goes), especially as Israel receives only a fraction of all US foreign aid; thus, talking about aid to Israel over the years is nonsensical as we're not going to get that aid back and cutting off aid to Israel today would still leave the overwhelming majority of aid distributions, which means that the plight of black Americans really wouldn't change much. Again, $3 billion in aid to Israel a year, more than $25 billion in aid to everyone else.

Reine's focus on Israel represents a disturbing trend of singling out the Jewish state for criticism. We see it both via the aid argument, as well as the human rights argument (despite the relative silence . . . when compared to criticism of Israel . . . concerning the tremendous human rights violations among Israel's Islamic neighbors.
Also, I would like to point out that Reine has accused me of playing Oppression Olympics with blacks. That is not what I am doing. But what I am doing is infuriating to her and other liberals who want to blame all the failures in the black community on racism and bigotry: I point out that Jews, certainly a persecuted group for 2 millennia, have prospered and succeeded despite persecution and bigotry. That shows that there are other factors that account for lack of success among blacks than racism.

And THAT starts liberals like Reine on the Oppression Olympics. They start arguing that Jews are doing so much better because blacks were oppressed more. It is the only thing they have to explain why Jews have succeeded far more than blacks, because otherwise.....they'd have to admit that Jews make decisions that enable their success. They can't abide that, so they start in with "who had it worse."

That also explains why Israel is singles out for condemnation by liberals. It's a country that is majority Jewish, and quite technically and scientifically advanced, and liberals resent Jews - or any group - whom they see as the " haves."

Old 10-27-2019, 03:34 PM

The resentment blacks have for Jews is downright chilling. Jews fought side-by-side with them for their civil rights, and even were willing - and did - give their lives for them.

Old 10-27-2019, 03:36 PM

30,641 posts, read 18,249,084 times
Quote:
Hit the nail on the head!

That liberal introduces Israel out of the blue on a thread about reparations to blacks, saying to take away the money given to Israel and give it to blacks. Very telling that she focuses her venom on the Jewish state, advancing the lie that Israel gets the most money, while simultaneously comolaining that Jews put Israel before America. There it is....in black and white....the special condemnation for Israel is a consequence of the hatred of Jews.

The fact is that both Afghanistan and Iraq get more money - each - than the Jewish country, but why isn't she - and other liberals who single out Israel for special condemnation - comolaining about all the money we give to Arabs, which is substantially more?

Liberals can argue to they're blue in the face that the special condemnation they direct toward the Jewish country has nothing to do with hostility toward Jews, but, as you say, people who aren't blinded by resentment for a people who are successful, despite persecution and prejudice, see right through it.
It really is telling. Israel has long been the public enemy No. 1 for many for what I think are deeply troubling reasons.

The creation of and focus on foolish baselines and standards that are necessary to single out these attacks on the Jewish state (while remaining silent about aid to other nations, etc.) is shameful.

Note, I wasn't surprised that someone chose to bring up the Jewish state in this thread; it has become par for the course for many.

Old 10-27-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
More hypocrisy. You made sure to declare in the other thread that you’re a Jew and point out how well Jews have done with the oppression you all suffered. But you never acknowledge the billions in aid given to Israel. You made sure to have all the SPECIAL CONDEMNATION for African-Americans, many of whose parents and grandparents fought in died in wars to defend your people, only to come home and be met with prejudice and be blocked from military benefits. But you have nothing to say about that.

Nobody cares about the Arabs. “The Arabs” are not one country and not one of their nations has individually received more aid that Israel. Furthermore, Arabs are not on this forum making ignorant statements about African-Americans, you are.

Pure hypocrisy.
I haven't condemned African-Americans. That's just more of the "racist!" nonsense that liberals launch against anyone who doesn't tow the liberal line. All I said in another thread is that blacks are fully able to compete for college seats on their own merit and ability and we should abolish race-based admission preferences.

And thanks for demonstrating that you stick up for Arabs and condemn Jews. You do it on an individual basis, with me, and on a macro-level, focusing your venom on Israel and the foreign aid we give while not even mentioning the greater amount of foreign aid we give to two Arab countries.

We see through you. Hard not to, especially with your comments about American Jews.

(And again, WHY did you even bring up Israel in this thread? It has nothing to do with reparations for blacks.)

Old 10-27-2019, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Also, I would like to point out that Reine has accused me of playing Oppression Olympics with blacks. That is not what I am doing. But what I am doing is infuriating to her and other liberals who want to blame all the failures in the black community on racism and bigotry: I point out that Jews, certainly a persecuted group for 2 millennia, have prospered and succeeded despite persecution and bigotry. That shows that there are other factors that account for lack of success among blacks than racism.

And THAT starts liberals like Reine on the Oppression Olympics. They start arguing that Jews are doing so much better because blacks were oppressed more. It is the only thing they have to explain why Jews have succeeded far more than blacks, because otherwise.....they'd have to admit that Jews make decisions that enable their success. They can't abide that, so they start in with "who had it worse."

That also explains why Israel is singles out for condemnation by liberals. It's a country that is majority Jewish, and quite technically and scientifically advanced, and liberals resent Jews - or any group - whom they see as the " haves."
There she goes again with the oppression olympics. You were the one who started it all arguing with an African-American poster and insulting their problem all day.

Nothing is infuriating to me. I’m neither African-American or Jewish.

I simply find you pathetic and am calling out your hypocrisy.

No matter how much you want to call me a liberal, I’m not so you can build a bridge and get over that as well.

Old 10-27-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
I haven't condemned African-Americans. That's just more of the "racist!" nonsense that liberals launch against anyone who doesn't tow the liberal line. All I said in another thread is that blacks are fully able to compete for college seats on their own merit and ability and we should abolish race-based admission preferences.

And thanks for demonstrating that you stick up for Arabs and condemn Jews. You do it on an individual basis, with me, and on a macro-level, focusing your venom on Israel and the foreign aid we give while not even mentioning the greater amount of foreign aid we give to two Arab countries.

We see through you. Hard not to, especially with your comments about American Jews.

(And again, WHY did you even bring up Israel in this thread? It has nothing to do with reparations for blacks.)
More lies. I read your nasty comments on the other thread and I wil keep calling you out on your hypocrisy. You’re welcome.

Old 10-27-2019, 03:45 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,101,983 times
Quote:
The resentment blacks have for Jews is downright chilling. Jews fought side-by-side with them for their civil rights, and even were willing - and did - give their lives for them.
What the hell are you on about?

PROVE IT OR STOP LYING AS USUAL.

Old 10-27-2019, 03:46 PM

30,641 posts, read 18,249,084 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
What the hell are you on about?

PROVE IT OR STOP LYING AS USUAL.
Sadly, you're correct. I am black and grew up in black communities. The level of antisemitism among black Americans is no secret, which was clear as day to anyone who is paying attention: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa...ican_Americans

Quote:
According to surveys begun in 1964 by the Anti-Defamation League, a Jewish organization, African Americans are significantly more likely than white Americans to hold antisemitic beliefs. There is a strong correlation between higher education levels and the rejection of anti-Semitic stereotypes for all races. Black Americans of all education levels are significantly more likely than whites of the same education level to be anti-Semitic.[83]

In the 1998 survey, blacks (34%) were nearly four times as likely as whites (9%) to have answers that identified them as being of the most anti-Semitic category (those agreeing with at least 6 of 11 statements that were potentially or clearly antisemitic). Among blacks with no college education, 43% responded as the most anti-Semitic group (vs. 18% for the general population). This percentage fell to 27% among blacks with some college education, and 18% among blacks with a four-year college degree (vs. 5% for the general population).[83]
See, also: https://www.commentarymagazine.com/a...talking-about/

Note, I won't call anyone here in the forum antisemitic, but will point out what I call a troubling, hypocritical, and questionable focus on the Jewish state.

Old 10-27-2019, 03:46 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,101,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
More lies. I read your nasty comments on the other thread and I wil keep calling you out on your hypocrisy. You’re welcome.
It’s all some of these people know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies