Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2019, 12:23 PM

2,264 posts, read 973,126 times

Advertisements

If anyone should be getting money for life-saving drugs it's these African people:

Quote:
Out of the 34 million HIV-positive people worldwide, 69% live in sub-Saharan Africa. There are roughly 23.8 million infected persons in all of Africa.

91% of the world’s HIV-positive children live in Africa.

More than one million adults and children die every year from HIV/AIDS in Africa alone. In 2011, 1.7 million people worldwide died from AIDS.
Instead of spending a billion dollars a month killing people in the Middle East I'd be all for spending it in Africa saving lives instead. Call it "reparations" if you want. No problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2019, 12:32 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
Wakanda looks like a real paradise. Just don't drink the water.
I don’t drink public water anywhere if I can help it. People right here in the US have died from doing that. Miss me with this one.

Anyway, a number of people enjoy Ghana.

Old 10-27-2019, 12:40 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
I don’t drink public water anywhere if I can help it. People right here in the US have died from doing that. Miss me with this one.

Anyway, a number of people enjoy Ghana.

He is on a smear campaign. Some people like to try to excuse the oppression of blacks in America by making it seem like better than what blacks have back in Africa. The want blacks to look at Africa, today, and see it as a place that they never want to live or set foot in. That way, what happened in America does not seem so bad. Show anything positive about Africa.....and they will find counter with more negatives about Africa. They NEED blacks to not see Africa in a positive light. However, I know you know this already....lol.

Notice how this same guy has responded with stories of HIV in Africa. If I show another positive image of Africa....he will find some atrocity or people starving. They NEED black people to see black people and black places as inferior. That is how it works. Anytime black people find something that inspires them and make them feel good as black people.....they will come with a flood of negative imagery.

Old 10-27-2019, 12:41 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,185,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Well....keep in mind what existed in Europe when all there were was whites. It was a rigid class system with a pyramid shape. The elites at the top of the pyramid and a massive base of the poor. The new world of non-whites meant the base could be filled with more non-whites to support more whites in the middle and at the top of the pyramid. Without non-whites.....whites would have to fill the bottom of the pyramid structure.
Nothing is wrong with that in an all-white society and could have stayed that way, but they were determined to have another race fill the bottom, and then expect some miracle in getting along to come from it.

Old 10-27-2019, 12:48 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,201,983 times
Apparently, the quote tool is not working for me and a post I made was reported/deleted. Yet, it's okay to make derogatory comments about African/black people.

Old 10-27-2019, 12:53 PM

16,604 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
Do you really think the economy of the south existed in a vacuum? The north has slaves, they just outlawed it earlier on. Northern merchants still profited off of the slave trade. The country amassed great wealth off of the slave trade, this is a fact. I don’t get why people fail to acknowledge this. Some people also think that once slavery ended everything was just great for black people. So much ignorance.
You extrapolated something not in evidence within my post. My simplistic comment was based on another, thus I tried getting through to them on their level.

Nevertheless, many people in this country never owned a slave, and many fought against it. Yet today their is a movement afoot by leftists to further divide our nation based on racial, ethnic, religious differences.
Demonizing the majority and getting them to turn against themselves is but one of the dreams of Saul Alinsky.

Today you have white people loathing their own race, because of what some white people might have done.
[I thought in the liberal PC handbook, judging an entire race by the actions of a few was a no-no, and called racism]

In reality some are so uneducated they do not even realize their ancestors never owned slaves, and in some cases arrived in America after slavery was no longer in existence.

`

Old 10-27-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Apparently, the quote tool is not working for me and a post I made was reported/deleted. Yet, it's okay to make derogatory comments about African/black people.
Surprise surprise...smh.

Old 10-27-2019, 01:02 PM

16,604 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
If anyone should be getting money for life-saving drugs it's these African people:

Instead of spending a billion dollars a month killing people in the Middle East I'd be all for spending it in Africa saving lives instead. Call it "reparations" if you want. No problem.
The USA already provides more foreign aid to other countries (both from the taxpayers and charitable donations) than any other, ever in the history of mankind.
We do not expect anything in return and certainly do not look at it as some form of reparations.

Frankly if some of the charities I currently give to changed their plea, saying we owed it to them as a form of white guilt (or some other PC nonsense) my donations would immediately go elsewhere.
I give because I want to help my fellow man, not because I feel guilty.
I also volunteer my time, not just my money.
I have worked at a Habitat for Humanity and might do so again if any new projects are in the surrounding area.
However try to make me feel guilty for something I have nothing to do with, and there is no quicker way to get me to turn away from you.
We are all responsible for our own actions, not those of distant ancestors.

`

Old 10-27-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
He is on a smear campaign. Some people like to try to excuse the oppression of blacks in America by making it seem like better than what blacks have back in Africa. The want blacks to look at Africa, today, and see it as a place that they never want to live or set foot in. That way, what happened in America does not seem so bad. Show anything positive about Africa.....and they will find counter with more negatives about Africa. They NEED blacks to not see Africa in a positive light. However, I know you know this already....lol.

Notice how this same guy has responded with stories of HIV in Africa. If I show another positive image of Africa....he will find some atrocity or people starving. They NEED black people to see black people and black places as inferior. That is how it works. Anytime black people find something that inspires them and make them feel good as black people.....they will come with a flood of negative imagery.
It's quite funny the level of desperation to smear an entire continent. These people fail to realize that more people travel to Africa countries than ever before. There are videos and pictures all over the internet. But yea, people like him are still fighting to paint one image of the continent. Pity them.

Old 10-27-2019, 01:28 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,185,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
That’s racist in my opinion. There are beautiful black people, and ugly black people, just as there are beautiful white people and ugly white people. Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder.

The health issues are from poverty and not eating healthy foods, and that affects people of all races. And intellect is affected by outside forces like poverty. I know black people that are plenty smart even if they aren’t intellectuals. Look at people like Jay-Z who went from drug dealer to rapper to billionaire businessman because he’s got good business instincts.

1. Beauty standards are a thing of great importance. Mainstream beauty standards have always determined what is physically attractive and what is not. Just recently, natural-textured (black African type "4A-B-C") hair became acceptable in the workplace. Hair is still the main issue that separates black people - especially black women - from everyone else.

2. Poor health is much more prevalent among blacks in the U.S. as well as in Africa and it has just a little to do with poverty. It has more to do with behavior and the day to day choices in lifestyles as well as internal beliefs.

3. Jay-Z is not a scientist nor an architect. We live in a world where technological/intellectual know-how rules the day. Having smarts just isn't as well-rewarded in this world as intellectual strength. Not many like him are interested in becoming more like Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Satya Nadella, or anyone with a STEM background. Those are the people every other race strives to be. How many like him take interest and strive to become qualified in those fields?

Last edited by aileesic; 10-27-2019 at 01:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies