Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2019, 04:11 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,101,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
This is humorous.

Discredit the source or keep quiet. Put up or shut up.

Let's review:

You demanded proof that there is a significant antisemitism problem in the black community. I provided such proof, via a survey by the Anti-defamation League, the premier organization studying antisemitism in the US. Also, not that it matters (as the proof is still supplied), if you actually read the wiki page (and the other page) as you claimed (), you'd see that ADL study is an ongoing, regular review, not some one time review of antisemitic attitudes. The findings have been relative consistent for decades now.
You provided one source. And then made the absurd claim that you constantly come across this behavior.

I’m calling BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2019, 04:12 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Also, that Reine said I said "disgusting things about African Americans." (ironic given her targeted condemnation of Israel, and her criticism of American Jews caring more about Israel than America.) I never said anything " disgusting." Her resentment toward Jews is making her delusional. She even attributed a negative statement about blacks, which NOBODY said, to me. She made it up.

As far as the prevalence of antisemtitsm among blacks, or a greater degree of it anyway, it is probably due to ignorance and lack of education. I would be willing to bet that as you move up the education ladder, more highly educated blacks do not harbor the same level of antisemtitsm as the less educated blacks. And because, as a group, blacks have lower educational attainment, you will see more prejudice.

The root of the antisemitism is jealousy.
More lies. No one said the bold anywhere in this thread. No one has resentment for Jews. My statements are about your nasty comments about African-Americans in this forum and your oppression olympics with them. You continue to play the victim and spew your resentment for African-Americans.

From the outside looking in, that’s what it looks like to me. It’s a shame that with all the education you claim to have, you harbor such resentment.

Old 10-27-2019, 04:13 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,167,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Please someone explain to me why I, who had nothing to do with slavery, my grandparents came long after slavery, must pay reparations to people who were not alive when slavery was legal?

And Finally IMHO..The United States has given enough. Race based set aside contracts, affirmative action, college admissions preferences, employment quotas, civil service quotas, and on and on and on. Time for everybody to start pulling their own weight

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ap-norc-p...120101708.html
Black community has been indoctrinated as victims for at least 60 years........a load of BS.....they should all thank their lucky stars they came to the USA........if they don't like that they can go back to the promised land where everybody is equally miserable and poor.........

Old 10-27-2019, 04:14 PM

30,640 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
You provided one source. And then made the absurd claim that you constantly come across this behavior.

I’m calling BS.
You asked for proof. I provided proof.

You then try to move the goal post (again, typical).

I could see if you were trying to discredit the validity of the survey by the Anti-defamation League (you haven't because you can't), but you're just rambling about me providing "one source"

And my anecdotal evidence from personal experience is that just. Its anecdotal, but it jives with what the evidence shows. It wasn't necessary and doesn't serve as the basis of my answer to your demand for "proof:

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Yes, I am black.

And while most blacks aren't antisemitic, blacks (and the evidence is out there for all to see who don't willfully wear blinders) are disproportionately more likely to be antisemitic than other racial groups in this country.

And I lived it daily, both among members of my family (sad to say) and throughout the community. Comments about the Jews getting "special treatment," "taking over" and other things were common. Again, this isn't most black people (and no survey suggests that its most), but these sentiments are held by an alarmingly high percentage of blacks in the US.
I see you are from the DMV area. Were you in town when Trayon White, the black DC councilman, blamed snowstorms on Jews, saying that they make money from their snowplow companies? (I know hundreds of Jews, and not a snow plow company among them!) He got his idiotic nonsense straight from the mouth of his idol, Louis Farrakahn. That antisemite has a big presence among DC black youth, and he is advancing antisemitism to vulnerable minds, looking for a scapegoat. I blame Farrakhan for much of the antisemitism among blacks today, and it is shameful that DC funds support the NOI leader.

21,482 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Very much so.

As a first-generation born American, who also shares certain obvious religious practices with Jews and will stand for their religious rights, I find her statements about African-Americans disgusting. She will talk about Jews standing beside African-Americans in the 60s but does not acknowledge those who fought and died for her people, only to return home and suffer all manner of mistreatment.

Yet when someone points out the way this country will treat those who weren’t even oppressed on their soil as opposed to their own generational citizens...it’s a problem. It’s only a problem because they are full of hatred.
Probably because no on fought and died “for her people.” Do you know why WWII was fought? They ended up liberating the few starving Jews that were left in Europe, but it was not the reason the war was fought. It was probably a big contributor to why we helped Israel though. I’ll give you that. I’m glad Israel exists. They need a country that will take them in when the next Holocaust happens. They’ve happened periodically for two millennia and I can see that it could happen again. All you have to do is look at the anti-semetism in Europe right now.

Old 10-27-2019, 04:17 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,101,617 times
Quote:
You asked for proof. I provided proof.

You then try to change the goal post.

I could see if you were trying to discredit the validity of the survey by the Anti-defamation League (you haven't because you can't), but you're just rambling about me providing "one source"

And my anecdotal evidence from personal experience is that just. Its anecdotal, but it jives with what the evidence shows. It wasn't necessary and doesn't serve as the basis of my answer to your demand for "proof:
And I’m calling your anecdotal evidence a steaming pile of BS. Deal with it.

I haven’t changed any goal posts; you initially provided a link to a Wikipedia page which didn’t remotely prove your claim.

But no, please do keep trying to create a division between African Americans and Jews.

Old 10-27-2019, 04:18 PM

30,640 posts, read 18,242,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I see you are from the DMV area. Were you in town when Trayon White, the black DC councilman, blamed snowstorms on Jews, saying that they make money from their snowplow companies? (I know hundreds of Jews, and not a snow plow company among them!) He got his idiotic nonsense straight from the mouth of his idol, Louis Farrakahn. That antisemite has a big presence among DC black youth, and he is advancing antisemitism to vulnerable minds, looking for a scapegoat. I blame Farrakhan for much of the antisemitism among blacks today, and it is shameful that DC funds support the NOI leader.
I'm from Brooklyn originally (Crown Heights, Bed-Stuy, etc.).

Farrakhan certainly isn't helpful on the matter, but the problem runs much deeper than him and predates him.

I also think that Farrakhan's influence--while understated by the left--isn't as significant as some on the right think it is.

I haven't heard about the Trayon White comments, but they are horrid.

Old 10-27-2019, 04:18 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Probably because no on fought and died “for her people.” Do you know why WWII was fought? They ended up liberating the few starving Jews that were left in Europe, but it was not the reason the war was fought. It was probably a big contributor to why we helped Israel though. I’ll give you that. I’m glad Israel exists. They need a country that will take them in when the next Holocaust happens. They’ve happened periodically for two millennia and I can see that it could happen again. All you have to do is look at the anti-semetism in Europe right now.
So now we’re minimizing the sacrifices made by African-American servicemembers which benefited Jews? Whatever you all can keep your revisionist history. It has nothing to do with me anyway.

Old 10-27-2019, 04:20 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
More lies. No one said the bold anywhere in this thread. No one has resentment for Jews. My statements are about your nasty comments about African-Americans in this forum and your oppression olympics with them. You continue to play the victim and spew your resentment for African-Americans.

From the outside looking in, that’s what it looks like to me. It’s a shame that with all the education you claim to have, you harbor such resentment.
OMG....pot, meet kettle. You have so much resentment toward Jews that you couldn't even engage in a discussion about reparations without bringing up Israel, with the false claim that it gets the most in foreign aid, and then, to top it off, pulling the old "racist!" card on me. Liberals need a new act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies