Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 08:43 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 205 View Post
Not upset at all because impeachment is as dead as a doornail the second it goes to the Senate and Democrats are going to pay a major political price for pushing this embarrassment. So I say go for it.

Funny how asking a country who we have a mutual treaty with regarding assisting each other in looking into corruption is "extortion" yet the vice president ON TAPE actually leveraging a billion dollar loan guarantee to get a prosecutor fired isn't a quid pro quo worthy of being looked into. The hypocrisy is astonishing
That's not a slam dunk situation, the elections are nearly a year off. At this point nothing is a guarantee, a lot can happen between now and then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2019, 08:43 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
LOL, only in your fantasies.
Tell us, what specific evidence is there of what crime?

Yeah, I know you can't come up with a real answer.

Old 12-10-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
The evidence of wrongdoing by Trump is overwhelming. Some choose to ignore it and deny it, that is for certain, but the witnesses have been credible and clear, and the story they told is alarming.

Mr. Trump used the immense powers of the American presidency to pressure an ally to open investigations that would help him personally. That much is clear just from the call memo of the July 25 conversation between President Trump and President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine.

Any American who has not read the call memo should do so, because it is as shocking today to realize that Mr. Trump said the jaw-dropping phrase, “I would like you to do us a favor,” as it was the day it was released. He followed that by expressing his desire for Ukraine to investigate the 2016 election and the Bidens. That is sufficient in itself to prove unacceptable wrongdoing by the president.
You should read the transcript.

One you do, please quote the section you say is evidence.

5,181 posts, read 3,097,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
The evidence of wrongdoing by Trump is overwhelming. Some choose to ignore it and deny it, that is for certain, but the witnesses have been credible and clear, and the story they told is alarming.

Mr. Trump used the immense powers of the American presidency to pressure an ally to open investigations that would help him personally. That much is clear just from the call memo of the July 25 conversation between President Trump and President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine.

Any American who has not read the call memo should do so, because it is as shocking today to realize that Mr. Trump said the jaw-dropping phrase, “I would like you to do us a favor,” as it was the day it was released. He followed that by expressing his desire for Ukraine to investigate the 2016 election and the Bidens. That is sufficient in itself to prove unacceptable wrongdoing by the president.
And most mentally-balanced adults saw the phrase: “I would like you to do us a favor,” as the President representing and speaking on behalf of the nation. He did not say “I would like you to do us a favor and put $5M in my personal bank account,” which is what the Schiff and Nagler types see.

25,456 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 205 View Post
Democrats are trying to impeach the president for asking for assistance in doing the exact same investigations into the 2016 election that he and his campaign went through a full body cavity search for the last 3 years. Even worse, the thing that is sending Dems over the edge with this impeachment push is the president daring to think an actual quid pro quo CAUGHT ON TAPE should be looked in to. Think about that for a second..Democrats are actually moving forward on impeachment on abuse of power charges on a phone call in which there was nothing nefarious while everyone pretends that the former vice president isn't ON TAPE actually extorting Ukraine via a quid quo pro.

The Democrats charge of abuse of power is incredibly ironic too given the IG report that dropped yesterday. Despite the statement from the IG saying he didn't find documentary evidence of bias, the IG report was an extremely damning indictment of how the FBI handled the entire Russia investigation and the FISA warrant in particular. The FBI abused the absolute s### out of its power and literally spied on an opposition party's campaign and presidency based on DNC financed fake dossier yet Dems have the gall to feign outrage over a tame phone call which we have the transcript of.

There's no way Pelosi and most of the Democratic party actually believes the impeachment farce they are trying to sell. They aren't dumb. Only explanation is that they along with a lot of Deep State Never Trumpers (both Democrats and Republicans) are terrified of what and who will be exposed if the administration digs too deep into Ukraine. No other reason for this desperate hurried attempt to get rid of the president makes sense based on how big of a political loser this impeachment is for the Democrats. They're either incredibly naive and think their little East Coast and West Coast bubble of elitist friends represent the attitudes of the country at large or they think the country at large is too stupid to see this for the idiotic farce it is or they're scared s###less of this administration exposing serious crimes committed by "the Swamp". Nothing else makes any sense.
It's a shame some refuse to look at the evidence that has been presented. It's not a farce, a hoax or a witch hunt. At some point it would be nice if Trump supporters actually listened to somebody besides Trump or Fox News.

BTW, the IG report was not what Trump, Barr, et al. had hoped. Facts are facts, but some just refuse to look at them. So here we are.

Old 12-10-2019, 08:46 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Bribing a foreign official to investigate your political rivals is illegal in this country. And really bad...mkay?
Completely false statement ... no one investigated. I hope they are now! Of course it is ok in your book to investigate Trump to no end.. just impeach impeach impeach with no crime at all. NONE!

Old 12-10-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
There’s too much evidence. I’m sorry if you refuse to recognize it.

You can’t barter military aid in exchange for dirt on your political foe. Can’t do it, and Trump got caught red handed.

Sorry dude.
I guess you missed it.

Watch and learn.

https://youtu.be/e_c17vxrPWQ

Now, watch it again.

Old 12-10-2019, 08:47 AM

10,080 posts, read 14,458,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Actually, right now I'm not sure if I would prefer to see Trump removed by the senate, or voted out of office next year. Both have their pluses and minuses.

I think he deserves to be removed by the senate, but I'm not holding my breath it will happen.
The Senate needs 67 to convict and remove from office.

Since the Democrats have only 45, it's dead on arrival. (and 2 independents)

Old 12-10-2019, 08:48 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
The democrats have the investigation card, like the racist card used again and again against this president.. oh, but don't mention the Biden's who did a quid pro quo.. that is an impeachable act to the dirty dems..

Old 12-10-2019, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
It's a shame some refuse to look at the evidence that has been presented. It's not a farce, a hoax or a witch hunt. At some point it would be nice if Trump supporters actually listened to somebody besides Trump or Fox News.

BTW, the IG report was not what Trump, Barr, et al. had hoped. Facts are facts, but some just refuse to look at them. So here we are.
Name exactly what crime happened and what evidence supports it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies