Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2019, 02:27 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,700,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I'm far from a Trumpie and I agree with the OP. This just makes the Dems looks very desperate and sad. I rather just let Trump be an idiot and keep tweeting stupid things and get himself elected out of office in 2020 but instead, this is only going to backfire on Democrats because it makes them look very very desperate.

It's like a troll who keeps begging for attention and wants you to stoop to their level. Instead of being mature and staying the course and ignoring the troll, you go even lower than the troll and try to act like you have the moral high-ground and the troll makes you look silly for falling for the trap.
No, it is much more than just Trump being Trump. This is a man who used his position to influence one of our most sacred rights in America, the right of every person to know their vote counted and that there was nothing that altered that right.

The solid, proven fact is, Donald Trump tried to get the Ukraine leader to make a statement that would paint a rival of Trump as corrupt. That is the kind of thing that happens in corrupt, 3rd world countries, run by despots and dictators. That is not America.

We can not, and will not, turn a blind eye to what Trump tried to do, it is our responsibility to question it and let him, and others, know this is unacceptable and dangerous. If you want to accept corruption at the highest level of our government, fine, but some of us care and will not let this stand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2019, 02:29 PM

17 posts, read 5,212 times
The lack of intelligence represented here by the comments from the left makes it impossible to take them seriously. I have yet to read a cogent argument; just daft and desperate proclamations, as if just merely stamping their feet and balling their fists while making their petulant claims somehow makes them true. Their resentment of the president’s successes seems evident. Being the most successful president in modern history makes them hate him even more.

To the reasonable, intelligent folks on this thread: do you think their stupidity rises to the level of a mental illness? Do you think some of these sad folks are intentionally lying? My pity for these sad people ”trumps” my amusement at their irrational rants.

Thank God they are clearly the minority.

Old 12-10-2019, 02:33 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
I knew Trump was in deep trouble when he had two scoops of ice cream. now of course the Democrats have no other option but to impeach Trump.. a crime of Two Scoops..

Old 12-10-2019, 02:37 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
1. I now announce my candidacy for President of the United States on the Democratic ticket.
2. I will shortly rob the federal reserve of 50 billion dollars.

because, as a candidate for president, i cannot be investigated by a republican president.

aint it great?? all you have to do (evidently) to get away with breaking the law is run for president!
What actually happened is that after announcing your candidacy, and seeing polls that showed you were a serious contender, your opponent in the oval office then decided to go back and revisit a situation with a foreign nation, that no member of the opposing party raised a question about originally, in an attempt to fabricate a narrative of corruption to be used against you in the upcoming election, using aid already earmarked for said foreign government as leverage to get the narrative fabricated.

Nope, nothing wrong with that.

Old 12-10-2019, 02:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
All one needs to do is look at video of the same Democrats railing against the impeachment of Bill Clinton to see how absurdly partisan this is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZakBC7dt6c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oGWE0PGY1s

I didn't think they should have impeached Bill Clinton back then, even though he did actually commit perjury and disgraced the office he held.
Still it backfired big time and so will it this time.

Trump, like Obama and all presidents before them dangle aid in the form of money, weapons, trade, etc. to get them to comply with what that administration is attempting to do.

To try and turn this into an attack on our election because Trump wanted Ukrainian corruption to be investigated and stopped is beyond the pale.
To stretch credibility even further, a claim that somehow Hunter Biden being investigated to harm Joe Biden (when Joe himself as VP bragged about actually getting a quid pro quo) election chances is absurd.
If one of Trumps kids were in Hunters shoes, the Democrats would be going insane and wanting an anal probe of everyone involved.
Instead they are running a Kabuki theater trying to create another false narrative now that the Mueller investigation turned up nothing.

Fortunately the average American who pays attention will see right through it.
Clinton’s popularity skyrocketed during his impeachment controversy.

However, the Republicans did what they had to do despite the Democrats in Congress trying to save Clinton’s ass. Clinton lied and suborned perjury. The Republicans took a drubbing in the polls, but they didn’t care.

And now Democrats must do the same. Trump has to be spanked. There’s no getting around it.

BTW...you and I both know that Trump doesn’t care about corruption in the Ukraine. If that matters so much, why not address corruption in Saudi Arabia???
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'll tell you what happened in the video.

The DNC witness, Ambassador Sondland, is asked about his conversation over what is expected in regards to Ukraine.

Sondland replied that when Trump was asked what he wanted, Trump said, "I want nothing. I want nothing. I want no quid pro quo. Tell Ukraine President Zelensky to do the right thing."

This testimony from the DNC witness is why neither quid pro quo nor bribery nor election interference is part of the DNC impeachment filing.
Trump said that to cover his ass. Sondland didn’t even believe Trump when Trump said it because Trump was still refusing to release the aid, and Sondland (and others) were growing despondent.

So that video proves nothing. What Trump said and what he did are two different things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
once again... you agree with someone who like you have heard Joe Biden CONFESS to a quid pro quo when he strong armed Ukraine into not investigating his son....

and still think its OrangeManBad that did something wrong.

hypocrisy much?
The Ukrainians weren’t about to investigate his son. I don’t know why you guys keep saying that as if you’ll make it come true.

Biden had a prosecutor fired that WAS NOT investigating corruption, namely Viktor Shokin.

Old 12-10-2019, 02:41 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabujitsu View Post
The lack of intelligence represented here by the comments from the left makes it impossible to take them seriously. I have yet to read a cogent argument; just daft and desperate proclamations, as if just merely stamping their feet and balling their fists while making their petulant claims somehow makes them true. Their resentment of the president’s successes seems evident. Being the most successful president in modern history makes them hate him even more.

To the reasonable, intelligent folks on this thread: do you think their stupidity rises to the level of a mental illness? Do you think some of these sad folks are intentionally lying? My pity for these sad people ”trumps” my amusement at their irrational rants.

Thank God they are clearly the minority.
No matter how many times you try to call people stupid, the President did something unethical, slimy, and corrupt, and basically doesn't deny he did it. So you support slimy corrupt unethical behavior from a career con man because you hate the other side. Not sure what term I would use for someone who sinks to that level, I thought name calling was supposed to be moderated here.

Anyone who hates their political opponents so much that they support corrupt narcissistic con men lack many things, including intelligence.

Old 12-10-2019, 02:43 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,013,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
So lying under oath about sex (itself not a crime) vs getting foreign governments to dig dirt on you political opponents. I think the only thing that makes someone think the former is more worthy of impeachment than the latter is a MAGA hat.
The fact that Clinton lied was proven by Monica's blue dress. The allegation you make about Trump has not been proven. Have you read the so-called transcript of the call? You have to make presumptions, false inferences, and 'begging the question' fallacies to get to proof.

As I said, I don't think Clinton should have been impeached for it. He lost his law license and they could have just censured him and been done with it. Impeachment is intended for the gravest of situations. That's why it requires 2/3rds in the Senate.

This Trump impeachment is even worse than the Clinton impeachment, by a long shot.

Old 12-10-2019, 02:44 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
What actually happened is that after announcing your candidacy, and seeing polls that showed you were a serious contender, your opponent in the oval office then decided to go back and revisit a situation with a foreign nation, that no member of the opposing party raised a question about originally, in an attempt to fabricate a narrative of corruption to be used against you in the upcoming election, using aid already earmarked for said foreign government as leverage to get the narrative fabricated.

Nope, nothing wrong with that.
no what happened is, the Obama/Biden team decided to use the American intelligence community to do a coup against TheDonald.

they went HARD after Trump and came up bupbkus. It turns out that during that time, Biden and his son went to Ukraine. the drug addled son came home with a multimillion dollar job working for a corrupt dude in a corrupt country where he had no experience.

an investigation got started into said corrupt company and the young/drug addled sister-in-law slepping Biden.

The New York Times told Elder Biden about the investigation

the Elder Biden flew back to Ukraine and stopped the investigation.

Elder Biden ran for president.
Elder Biden bragged about getting the investigator fired.
Trump decided to look into it.

NOTHING THERE IS ABOUT 2020. Its all about corrupt people doing corrupt things to a man they pizzed off.

don't blame Trump 1 bit. at all. He actually did the right thing.

also, he gave the Ukrainians bullets where Obama/biden gave them freaking blankets.

Old 12-10-2019, 02:48 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,220,852 times
The new GOP trying to find conspiracy theories ^

Did not learn after Pizza Gate. Did not learn after Mueller.

So now Trump, Barr trying again.

Old 12-10-2019, 02:50 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,013,281 times
I am not a lawyer but am an old union guy. I used to often have to sit in on meetings where management was trying to fire someone over some accused offense. Most if not all union CBAs have a 'just cause' provision which says that management must show 'just cause' to fire a union employee. And the burden of proof is on management.

If they had the goods on the guy (e.g. video evidence or direct witnesses) the union would not fight it. At best we'd try to get him another job if he was generally a good guy. But in many cases, mgmt. would try to fire people without evidence. We would file a 'just cause' grievance and take it all the way to arbitration if necessary.

If this Trump accusation had been in front of us, it would have been laughed out of the initial meeting. Read the 'transcript.' There is no evidence there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies