Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2019, 04:26 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,829,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't care what Cheney says. Common sense says it is better to fight your enemy 2000 miles away rather than in our own streets.

What is your take on it?

Having said that, I was on board with us going to Afghanistan after 9/11.
On board, meaning you joined up or tried to, if eligible, so you can go? Or just on board meaning cheer leading?

Old 12-27-2019, 04:45 PM

25,777 posts, read 12,840,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
The problem with what you're saying is bad things do happen. By in large Trump* has had a pretty easy go of it. The economy was on the uptick, immigration issues were not unmanageable at least in terms of hordes of lawlessness obliterating cities, no all-out scorched earth international conflicts, thus far ISIS or others haven't launched any wide spread domestic acts of terrorism, there've been no massive deadly public heath disease outbreaks, no irreparable natural event catastrophes. You get the idea.

Generally speaking Trump* has only had to deal with first-world problems and problems of his own making. The deal is, I don't know of any President that walks away and gets a free ride. Bad things do happen and I don't have any faith that if the poop hits the fan hard, he has the smarts or temperament to do anything other than wildly shoot from the hip trying to resolve it and if he can't, will assign blame to others with his failures. There are things where a tweet-storm won't cut it.

I'm not rooting for disaster but sadly I think that's what it will take to peel back the veneer so most Americans will really see what they have in the White House. Also sadly, his base will never acknowledge how fundamentally unfit for office Trump* is regardless and in spite of whatever may befell this country during his term.

Let's hope our luck holds.
Yeah, a community organizer who never had a real job is much more fit for the Presidency than Trump. But at least Obama implemented the ACA...oops, that was a horrific failure full of lies.

Old 12-27-2019, 04:49 PM

9,985 posts, read 5,689,285 times
Quote:
Trump gave up the fight, and the obvious is taking place.
Quote:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-50850325

A different kind of IS has emerged, he says, which no longer wants to control any territory to avoid being a target. Instead - like their predecessors in al-Qaeda before them - the extremists have gone underground, in Iraq's Hamrin Mountains.
So wait -- why would they bother hiding in the mountains and giving up their ambition to control territory for fear of being a target if Trump gave up the fight? Why not simply reconstitute themselves out in the open if Trump has given up?

Do you folks even try to make your "Orange Man Bad" narratives coherent any more?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies