Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2020, 08:20 PM

8,342 posts, read 2,967,739 times

Advertisements

Rest In Pieces. Condolences to TDS. Allah Snackbar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

24,409 posts, read 26,980,377 times
Democrats... "OMG TRUMP SPEAKS DIRECTLY WITH ENEMY LEADERS! WHAT A DICTATOR LOVER HE IS!"

Democrats... "OMG TRUMP DID A RETALIATION ATTACK ON ONE OF THE WORST TERRORISTS WHO HAVE CALLED FOR OUR DESTRUCTION! WHAT A MEAN BULLY!"

Trump is darned if he does and darned if he doesn't. Democrats truly don't care about anything other than complaining about Trump regardless of the path he takes.

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The Democrats and the media will likely do their best to denigrate and smear this military success.
Lol...you guys sitting comfortably on your sofas in heated rooms are always the first to talk as if you’re full of pyss and vinegar. Not one of you has any idea what this means.

Ask Israel about Hezbollah if you think this is a joke. This wasn’t a success...it’s an escalation. You think Hezbollah is gonna just forget that we killed their guy?

Now you’re gonna have to deal directly with Iranian proxies once again in Iraq, and that went disastrously the last time, in case you forgot.

Old 01-02-2020, 08:23 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Supposedly it was an assassination of commander of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards Corps, Maj. Gen. Qassim Suleimani, but US nor Iran has confirmed it.
the pentagon has.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...92f_story.html

Old 01-02-2020, 08:23 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,013,265 times
Just as I imagined--Democrats running in here desperately imagining ways not to give Trump any credit for this

Old 01-02-2020, 08:24 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
One thing you can discern from all the Trump cheerleaders on this thread is just how little they understand the Middle East, or the rest of the world, for that matter.

Make no mistake, these same people screamed themselves hoarse cheering on the invasion and occupation of Iraq.
Sorry your terrorist leaders died today. RIP.

Old 01-02-2020, 08:26 PM

10,073 posts, read 14,458,372 times
I'm all for the US to eventually get out of Iraq and the middle east on the whole, as much as we can for the sake of peace, if it is ever even achievable over there.

But this was a decisive, powerful and deliberate act by President Trump to send a message to everyone worldwide, that if you attack US citizens or US embassies, this will be the result.

Another dead terrorist, good riddance.

Will be interesting to see if Iran tries to deliver a retaliation, but I'd be scared as hell to, if I were their leadership right now.

Old 01-02-2020, 08:27 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
That's a massive stretch
It's not in the least.

Quote:
America is not nuking anybody. Also why would they be afraid of the US? They have no reason to be. America would never invade Iran. America's influence in the region is in terminal decline. Also Iran, Russia and China have been getting real chummy as of late. They will evidently force America out of the region in one way shape or form.
Nobody suggested that the US was going to nuke anyone....perhaps you misunderstood what I said.

As to why people would be afraid of the US, from 2003 to 2018 about half a million Iraqis died as a result of the country pissing the US off....also Saddam Hussein and his family aren't doing so well right now.

Do you really think Iran wants that? There's literally nothing they could do to prevent it if the US simply decided to crush them.

Quote:
The US would never directly attack Iran and they know it. We tried it once back in the early 80's and it was a disaster. Also Iran is much more powerful and connected now then it was back then.
I'm sure if you asked him yesterday Qasem Soleimani would have told you that the US would never take him out.....he'd have been wrong and you are as well.

Iran could do nothing to defend themselves if the US decided to cripple them with missile and air strikes. Also, neither Russia or China is going to war with the US over them.

Old 01-02-2020, 08:28 PM

35,081 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Just as I imagined--Democrats running in here desperately imagining ways not to give Trump any credit for this
I'm a Democrat. See one of my prior posts on thread. I certainly give Trump a lot of credit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
A blessed day. Iranian Gen. Qassim Soleimani killed in airstrike at Baghdad airport. Combined with the Great News for world - Israel Now Energy Exporter, finally the West is getting the march on the sick, twisted, murderous people whose idea of debate is to massacre away. The West's kow-towing to these "people" got going in a big way with the Arab Oil Embargo of 1973, and the "Zionism is Racism" resolution of 1975. It crested with Obama bowing to the King of KSA. Maybe if people can take some time off from Trump Derangement Syndrome (I have even though I'm a liberal Democrat) they'd acknowledge that the West is being made great again.

Old 01-02-2020, 08:29 PM

10,073 posts, read 14,458,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I was watching CNN and their solemn, confused faces. The panel was so anti-Trump it was comical.

The CNN & MSNBC media are trying to spin this best they can against Trump. Really pathetic how low they go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies