Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2020, 11:34 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I didn't watch that clown of a president but heard what happened. Awesome Nancy!
Oh, it's a shame you didn't watch her act live. Maybe you could have helped CNN's ratings. God knows they need it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2020, 11:34 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,285,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Good one!
Yay R Senators — now they need to “en masse” tear up the impeachment papers.
I hope they do exactly that.
Then take them out into the parking lot at Capital Hill, pour some gasoline on them, light them on fire, and roast some Pelosi / Schumer / Schiff look -alike marshmallows.

Old 02-05-2020, 11:35 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,712,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
ESPECIALLY when they're all dressed in white to honor the Suffragette Movement, and the advances women made in getting the vote!
Let me get this straight. You are criticizing women, who last night honored those who fought for women's freedom, because they didn't applaud the misogynist in chief who last night awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Rush Limbaugh whose on air public remarks include:

”Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society” ;

”Women should not be allowed on juries where the accused is a stud”;

“Women live longer than men because their lives are easier”;

“Moochelle Obama”;

“I’m a huge supporter of women. What I’m not is a supporter of feminism, that is what I oppose. Feminism has led women astray. I love women. I love the women’s movement, especially when walking behind it;”

Calling a female college student/ activist a s**t.

Need I go on? I think not.

Old 02-05-2020, 11:38 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,013,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I didn't watch that clown of a president but heard what happened. Awesome Nancy!
I didn't watch any of them......and with what is being shown on FB, took a few scrollings before I realized what, SotU, had happened.

Hence, A and B. A: What Ms. Pelosi did shows to me, once again, that she is not out for the country. B: I gave up on TV because I do not like what passes for entertainment today......and I would weep, if I could, about so many who do accept what does.

Old 02-05-2020, 11:41 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 562026 View Post
Do voters really care what the fact checkers say? I mean, if someone is doing well under Trump, are they really not going to vote for him because some fact checker said the economy is not the "best ever"? The only people who care about what the fact checkers have to say are political opponents seeking a "gotcha" moment.
The fact checkers start out by deliberately taking the president out of context. So no, people don't really care to listen to these dishonest, partisan hacks.

Old 02-05-2020, 11:43 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Let me get this straight. You are criticizing women, who last night honored those who fought for women's freedom, because they didn't applaud the misogynist in chief who last night awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Rush Limbaugh whose on air public remarks include:

”Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society” ;

”Women should not be allowed on juries where the accused is a stud”;

“Women live longer than men because their lives are easier”;

“Moochelle Obama”;

“I’m a huge supporter of women. What I’m not is a supporter of feminism, that is what I oppose. Feminism has led women astray. I love women. I love the women’s movement, especially when walking behind it;”

Calling a female college student/ activist a s**t.

Need I go on? I think not.
They wore white last year, also....

Old 02-05-2020, 11:44 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,594,869 times
Interesting comment by my Brit friend who said he saw highlights on BBC

Heard/seen major snippets that made headlines here - Pelosi!! Unworthy and belittling!

Old 02-05-2020, 11:47 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
I'm just waiting for politicians to start throwing their shoes during a speech.

Old 02-05-2020, 11:47 AM

3,606 posts, read 1,661,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The fact checkers start out by deliberately taking the president out of context. So no, people don't really care to listen to these dishonest, partisan hacks.
130 million Americans with preexisting conditions and coverage now under Obama care that he is trying to erase will definitely NOT vote for Trump!

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-state...-1485804?amp=1

Old 02-05-2020, 11:48 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yes and they all aren't that great for Trump. Middle class is getting a shalacking and will get more with the end of the middle class tax holiday under Trump's tax cuts.
I am in the so called middle class, so don't act as if you mischaracterizing my financial situation wins you any arguments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies