Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2020, 09:21 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
That is the truth. Cut programs to pay for a vanity wall cause of supporters fear of illegals. Meanwhile forget about all the Americans who need a bit of help cause well, you know, gotta pay for the wall.
lol Who do you think is taking money away from poor Americans and adding to poverty? The illegals. Not only do they take, they work the same jobs that many Americans work. In Texas they take jobs away and lower the pay in unskilled construction, landscaping, and the restaurant/hospitality businesses. Which causes Americans, alot of Hispanic Americans in Texas, to go on welfare. Plus, like good parents, the illegals send money home and don't spend it in American. All that adds to the poverty of Americans.
Don't artificially decrease the pay scale and more will work and less will be on poverty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2020, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Meals on Wheels is funded by a combination of federal, state, local and charitable contributions. The drivers (delivery people) are mostly volunteers.
Okay. But we already know this.

Quote:
I don't know why you can't understand that some people are not ABLE to drive, walk or even cook their own meals.
I do understand why you make dishonest statements about me. It's because you don't care about the truth, you make up fake drama where none exists, and you don't have the knowledge to discuss the issue.
Those that you describe are few and far between. To say otherwise is dishonest.

Quote:
You too will be old someday... and may not be able to walk with a cart like the 90 year old mentioned above. She is the exception at that age.
And? So? Do you have a point other than you don't have a point and because of that you are making up dishonest scenarios about me.

Old 02-11-2020, 09:26 AM

1,096 posts, read 419,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
lol Who do you think is taking money away from poor Americans and adding to poverty? The illegals. Not only do they take, they work the same jobs that many Americans work. In Texas they take jobs away and lower the pay in unskilled construction, landscaping, and the restaurant/hospitality businesses. Which causes Americans, alot of Hispanic Americans in Texas, to go on welfare. Plus, like good parents, the illegals send money home and don't spend it in American. All that adds to the poverty of Americans.
Don't artificially decrease the pay scale and more will work and less will be on poverty.
Those that hire illegals to do the work cause they can get it done cheaper that way are at fault.

Old 02-11-2020, 09:26 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,061,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Oh, so the hungry people here aren't starving like the hungry people in Africa or India. I'm sure that will make them feel SO much better when they can't feed themselves or their children.
If they cannot feed themselves with the services available here there is something wrong. Admittedly they can't be buying rib eye steaks on food stamps but they do not need to be hungry.

Old 02-11-2020, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Just a fact that there is poverty and the OP needs to look closer, sending triage units to places like West Virginia for health care 40% of adults don't have enough savings for a $400 bill. Almost 40Mllion living in poverty.
Just a FACT. The OP never said there was no poverty.

Here is what the OP posted "I do not see any poverty and doomsday scenarios that the Democrat candidates describe."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
What is your definition of poverty.
It's not about me.

This is where I get my information. Any questions, just ask.

https://www.heritage.org/welfare/com...-welfare-state

Everyone should pay attention to all the dishonest posts in this thread. All those who willfully made dishonest statements on what the OP said when we can see for ourselves exactly what the OP said. Absolutely despicable the things some are posting in this thread.

Old 02-11-2020, 09:33 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,931,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Even a very large chunk of republican voters do not feel this economy is helping them.

Not surprising, considering the lack of labor unions, a national health care system, proper labor rights and the amount of big money in politics.
You used the right word, "feel". They "feel" that things are great, poverty is disappearing, America is great again. Because to a Trump supporter, feelings are more important than facts.

Old 02-11-2020, 09:34 AM

63 posts, read 35,066 times
Anybody who doesn't see poverty in the united states lives in a pretty tight bubble.

I'd suggest getting out more.

Old 02-11-2020, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Those that hire illegals to do the work cause they can get it done cheaper that way are at fault.
Agreed. Get rid of the welfare incentive so some wont come over. Charge those who knowingly hire the others. Wages will go up, less will be on welfare, more people will stayed married and properly raise their kids. Win, win, win.

The problem is recognizable to almost everyone. The disagreement is how to solve the problem. Not by treating the symptom, which does have to be addressed. But it doesn't solve the problem. Treat the causes.

Old 02-11-2020, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownGuy3 View Post
Anybody who doesn't see poverty in the united states lives in a pretty tight bubble.

I'd suggest getting out more.
Who is saying there is no poverty besides you?

Old 02-11-2020, 09:39 AM

1,329 posts, read 832,740 times
Quote:
My Grandma also used a cart, like Rachel976's did up till she was 90. It wasn't the safest thing. She was mugged a few times. But she insisted on being independent. And I know she got Meals on Wheels for a few years before she died. That is one of the programs Trump's budget wants to cut. Seniors are going to be hurting more now. While his budget proposal will not go through, it is a real indicator of where his head is at.

Or is heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies