Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2020, 10:07 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,772,153 times

Advertisements

Can you say law suit? The guy knowingly put other people at risk.

Quote:
BOSTON — When an employee of the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in New Hampshire showed signs of possible coronavirus last week, a medical worker who had examined him told him to avoid contact with others, pending further tests. Instead, he went to a mixer at a crowded music venue.

Three days later, he was confirmed as the state’s first coronavirus case.
One of the people at the party he went to has since then been confirmed to have caught Corona.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/04/u...dartmouth.html

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
estimated 7,000 “supporters of faith” packed the King Jesus international ministry megachurch in Miami to hear the word of the president, and decided that it was good. The Maga hat-wearing faithful cheered Trump’s comments on issues calculated to resonate with his churchgoing audience, including abortion, freedoms of speech and religion, and what he claimed was a “crusade” from Democrats against religious tolerance.--The Guardian
no indication a single one of them 'believes he was sent by the almighty'?

alrighty then.

19,815 posts, read 9,376,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
CBS This Morning News, watch the video. You can do as you please. Get out there and live your life. I will follow the general recommendations of the CDC.
THANKS!

https://www.cbs.com/shows/cbs_this_m...-need-to-know/

Yes, the doctor at about the 7:00 minute mark said that people over 55 should not put themselves at risk, but he seemed fairly "laid back" about it.

He also said that was "just like influenza in every way possible" regarding contagion (8:05 minute mark):

QUESTION: "Is this more or less contagious than the traditional flu?"

ANSWER: "You know, this is just like the flu in every way possible."

In any case, as I am not unduly worried about the flu, I am not unduly worried about the coronavirus at this time. (Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind!)

Last edited by katharsis; 03-06-2020 at 10:26 AM..

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i don't see that anywhere. here's what he did say:

"In many ways, America should stay at work."

do you disagree? or do you honestly think every single american should stay home from work for the foreseeable future?

no doubt!
I think Americans should take the advice of health care experts and not Trump cabinet members. And I also think said cabinet members and Trump should shut up with their "hunches" and suggestions that disagree with those recommendations and scientific facts.

Old 03-06-2020, 10:09 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I think Americans should take the advice of health care experts and not Trump cabinet members.
I bet many trump hating Americans still go to work sick, and that is just a fact.

Either they have to, or they don't care.

My best friend's roommate is a college professor. the professor said all the chinese students wear a mask, so he doesn't worry. How ignorant can people be? At the end of the day, maybe the mask wearing young chinese students would be okay, the elderly college professor end up being the sick ones.

Old 03-06-2020, 10:10 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
no indication a single one of them 'believes he was sent by the almighty'?

alrighty then.
Fox News chief national correspondent Ed Henry also noted while discussing Perry’s remarks that the Energy Secretary also “pointed out to me he believes Barack Obama was sent by God as well, for that moment and that time”, and that Perry “thinks at this moment and this time, Donald Trump was sent by God to do great things-

How about Fox News?

Old 03-06-2020, 10:11 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,814,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
CBS This Morning News, watch the video. You can do as you please. Get out there and live your life. I will follow the general recommendations of the CDC.
The expert from the U of MN did not say people over 55 should “stay out of public”. He said they may want to avoid air travel and large crowds. The point would be to avoid places where the 6 foot buffer is non existent. People can safely go to work, go grocery shopping etc as long as they practice social distancing and wash their hands and any surfaces they touch while entering their homes when they return. Simple stuff.

Old 03-06-2020, 10:12 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I think Americans should take the advice of health care experts and not Trump cabinet members. And I also think said cabinet members and Trump should shut up with their "hunches" and suggestions that disagree with those recommendations and scientific facts.

The post just above yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
THANKS!

https://www.cbs.com/shows/cbs_this_m...-need-to-know/

Yes, the doctor at about the 7:00 minute mark said that people over 55 should not put themselves at risk, but he seemed fairly "laid back" about it.

He also said that was "just like influenza in every way possible"! (That is an exact quote, 8:05). So, as I am not unduly worried about it at this time. (Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind!)

Old 03-06-2020, 10:14 AM

3,850 posts, read 1,791,151 times
So I listened to some updates yesterday and still knowing what we know about this virus we still aren't testing the way we should.

On Wednesday Mike Pence said CDC expanded guidelines for any doctor to approve testing for those who have symptoms of coronavirus --not limiting to those who recently traveled, yet states aren't complying. Oregon won't test unless you've traveled out of the country recently to countries with outbreak or came directly in contact with someone who tested positive.

Florida also is limiting testing........this will only further spreading by keeping numbers appearing low but not reflective of true numbers per state.

We need to test thousands more in every single state. We cannot ignore this and not test. Its not going to go away. Iran had over 1,000 new cases since yesterday.

Last edited by Wintergirl80; 03-06-2020 at 10:52 AM..

Old 03-06-2020, 10:17 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times
Default USA, richest nation on Earth, is a pathetic failure in Coronavirus response thanks to CDC incompetence

How is it that we're such a rich nation, supposedly all that and a bag of chips, when other nations like South Korea, China, and Italy have been able to test at drastically greater volume than we are? And not only are we the richest, we also had the benefit of like two months of foresight into this situation. Epidemiologists and doctors are pointing out daily how we've dropped the ball on this.

Why isn't Trump's CDC appointee kicking some asses over there? Why isn't Trump? I think he realizes this is already a **** show, which is why he shoved Mike Pence into the spotlight to take the hit.

If you don't even have working capacity to test at scale, you're in the dark as to the real current scope of the problem you're trying to tackle. How can you be successful this way?

We are such a pathetic popsicle stand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies