Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2020, 02:47 PM

30,178 posts, read 11,815,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The cases in Northern Europe are exploding as noted by the percentage of population (right column). Italy has been bad all along but now Switzerland and Norway are increasing. Why is Mexico so low? Is it lack of testing? Do they have greater immunity?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
Mexico has a lot of tourists. The story below says 44 million international tourists in 2019. And spring break is going on which is huge for their economy. They did jump yesterday from 27 to 44. But still very low.

A doctor in the story below says they are suppressing the numbers to not scare away tourism. They have done about 100 tests so far:

https://globalnews.ca/news/6665731/c...-cases-travel/

I live close to the southern border. In fact yesterday a family member went there for the day to the dentist. She says no one seems concerned about it. Of course we were not either a few weeks back.

Old 03-15-2020, 02:47 PM

29,834 posts, read 24,922,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Andrew "Evil Eye" Cuomo is a d***, born with a silver spoon, and many other insults..but he's a much better leader and executive in a time of crisis than this orange clown right wingers put in the oval office. I have no doubt Hillary, Obama, Bush...every one of them would have handled this better...because they are not narcissistic con artists who solely care about their own PR and NOTHING else. He can't even put it aside NOW. They all have many faults and are far from perfect, but are all mountains of character when placed up against this buffoon.
What would Hillary or Obama do? Fluff your pillow at night and whisper sweet nothings in your ear to make you feel better?

Trump wanted travel bans early on, but the loony tune left said that was racist and stood in the way. Now lefties are calling Americans racist for not eating enough Chinese food. Nobody takes far lefty criticism of Trump (or anything else) seriously, because no matter what Trump does, the same people will whine and cry orange man bad. Nobody is listening anymore.

The sad thing is, Trump could actually do some terrible, awful, evil things if he wanted to, and he would get away with it. After hearing orange man bad for 4 years from the left, it has lost it's effect and Americans will not take any criticism, even legitimate criticism of the president seriously. You folks blew it with your irrational level of hatred for everything that Trump does. It's not what he does that you folks hate, you just hate Trump, period.

Old 03-15-2020, 02:48 PM

7,826 posts, read 4,570,108 times
Kinda the polar opposite of Jonas Salk, who could have made millions keeping the polio vaccine "exclusive" but instead gave up the rights for the betterment of humanity.

Old 03-15-2020, 02:48 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Not to go on one of my famous AnCap diatribes

But the reasoning is simple: Under statism the populace is completely dependent on the State for not only protection and order but also cues on how to behave.

That's the first problem.

The second problem, of course, is the State itself.

If you were independently allowed to put personal market pressures on other individuals (and vice versa) we would get a true measure of what exactly people wanted to do and would do as far as quarantines/closures go.

There's no motivation to self-regulate nor is there any motivation to apply market pressure.
That's why we really are on our own!

The reason I stay home is not entirely because I am afraid I am gonna get it, I don't want to accidentally get hit by a car, or break my leg, or catch some other virus, so that I need to use a hospital! Just can't get sick at this time

The "test test give me a test" crowd is annoying too. If you can manage your symptoms at home, stay your ass home! we don't have the capacity to test you yet, so complains solve nothing!

Old 03-15-2020, 02:51 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,756,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Mexico has a lot of tourists. The story below says 44 million international tourists in 2019. And spring break is going on which is huge for their economy. They did jump yesterday from 27 to 44. But still very low.

A doctor in the story below says they are suppressing the numbers to not scare away tourism. They have done about 100 tests so far:

https://globalnews.ca/news/6665731/c...-cases-travel/

I live close to the southern border. In fact yesterday a family member went there for the day to the dentist. She says no one seems concerned about it. Of course we were not either a few weeks back.
Spring break should be canceled, just like any type of tourism.

Old 03-15-2020, 02:51 PM

46,315 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
It doesn't matter this is a hype or what not, the whole world is watching!

Who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Anybody cannot contain this disease will suffer. It is not just the lives lost, (well, certainly majority of the people will survive), it is the economic impact as well.

So, we hype non-truths?

It's just like I said earlier, the death rate of this virus (CV19) is 10% in the last 3 months (fake numbers) vs. same amount of deaths over the last 10 months (flu).

Old 03-15-2020, 02:52 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
They've got to hit their worst by Friday. mirage98de has stamped his little foot and demanded it.

Old 03-15-2020, 02:53 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

So, we hype non-truths?

It's just like I said earlier, the death rate of this virus (CV19) is 10% in the last 3 months (fake numbers) vs. same amount of deaths over the last 10 months (flu).
Oh God!

Never mind!

Old 03-15-2020, 02:54 PM

30,178 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Spring break should be canceled, just like any type of tourism.

Apparently its going on in Florida and in Mexico.

Old 03-15-2020, 02:54 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Do you really think that would have worked after seeing what is happening in grocery stores?

The smart people already quietly made their way back home.

These are the same people whose relatives are hoarding toilet paper.

Just because you are not sure it well help, doesn't mean you don't do it.

People aren't social distancing, but they keep saying it.

And that was one part, of a long list of stuff that should have been done.

But yeah, people can be idiots.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies