Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2020, 10:09 AM

30,181 posts, read 11,815,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And where do you propose we find said masks and gloves? I often hear that and honestly there is little to no response when I ask. PPE is hard enough to find for medical professionals, let alone Joe Sixpack.

I bought them way ahead of time. They still have disposable gloves at Dollar Tree. I bought more Monday. Masks are another thing. The ACE hardware near me put up a plastic sneeze guard between the cashiers and customers. Which I think is a great idea, easy and not expensive to do. The Fry's near me has done nothing at all.

Old 03-27-2020, 10:14 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
No pre-existing conditions apparently, 17 year old........

https://gizmodo.com/teen-who-died-of...XFtjjAZ0WuyaAE
“He had been sick for a few days, he had no previous health conditions. On the Friday before he died, he was healthy, he was socializing with his friends,” the mayor explained.

Old 03-27-2020, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
No pre-existing conditions apparently, 17 year old........

https://gizmodo.com/teen-who-died-of...XFtjjAZ0WuyaAE
“He had been sick for a few days, he had no previous health conditions. On the Friday before he died, he was healthy, he was socializing with his friends,” the mayor explained.

Urgent care places do not treat people without insurance. You have to go to the emergency room where they cannot refuse. And in all fairness he had a heart attack on the way to the emergency room. And even if they said yes what would the urgent care place had done with a heart attack victim? They are not set up for that. He waited too long to seek help. Sorry he passed away, tragic.

Old 03-27-2020, 10:21 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I bought them way ahead of time. They still have disposable gloves at Dollar Tree. I bought more Monday. Masks are another thing.
In an emergency

Old 03-27-2020, 10:22 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Every governor should have known that in a crisis or emergency the sociopathic dolt in The White House would not have the acumen or empathy to rise to the occasion and be an actual commander in chief. In reality, every governor is responsible for not at least attempting to be hyper-prepared and on the alert on their own. Not because they were remiss as a rule, but who in their right mind would trust a grifter like Trump to do the right thing when it's most imperative? I would not let him babysit a hamster.

Old 03-27-2020, 10:22 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Urgent care places do not treat people without insurance. You have to go to the emergency room where they cannot refuse. And in all fairness he had a heart attack on the way to the emergency room. He waited too long to seek help. Sorry he passed away, tragic.
The Stress and Social Isolation AND the facts that the USA is ill prepared will end up hurting a LOT of people from heart attacks and panic attacks and such.

When one feels "take care of" and part of the group things feel different. But if a person knows the truth - that they are likely screwed, that is quite a big stressor.

Old 03-27-2020, 10:23 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,222,689 times
Quote:
I understand that. That is why I said the 500 number is low. I picked 1% which is probably also a low number. If its really 2% when those on ventilators die then 16 deaths for 800 cases is right.

New York is doing massive testing. 39,000 cases 461 deaths. 1.2%.
You can’t really base the death rate on what’s going on right now. Many more of those 39,000 active cases will result in death. There were people on the Diamond Princess that died weeks after testing positive.

Old 03-27-2020, 10:26 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
I bought them way ahead of time. They still have disposable gloves at Dollar Tree. I bought more Monday. Masks are another thing. The ACE hardware near me put up a plastic sneeze guard between the cashiers and customers. Which I think is a great idea, easy and not expensive to do. The Fry's near me has done nothing at all.
I'm using a bandanna today. My parents somehow found masks, but there isn't stock of much. I didn't see much of the disposable gloves in my local Dollar Tree and I've gone there like twice this week. Then again I live near a bunch of adult communities.

Old 03-27-2020, 10:28 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Every governor should have known that in a crisis or emergency the sociopathic dolt in The White House would not have the acumen or empathy to rise to the occasion and be an actual commander in chief. In reality, every governor is responsible for not at least attempting to be prepared and on the alert on their own. Not because the were remiss as a rule, but who in their right mind would trust a grifter like Trump to do the right thing when it's most imperative? I would not let him babysit a hamster.
Of course the Gov. and locals have to be involved.

The bigger problem is that the real lockdown can ONLY come from the top. Without an FAA lockdown or limiting there is basically no hope for full containment.

Also, the denial of State TV, Radio and Media...and the many Pols who take marching orders from Trump (DeSantis, for example) are unlikely to react any different than he does until fully forced.

U R Right - but the key word is "attempting" while true Leadership is "doing".

This should have 100% been handed off...not to cut-cut-cut no experience Pence and the boot licking SG and the lying Birx, but to a General or other such person of impeccable qualities....or a couple of them in case the first one wasn't totally capable.

But most of the "good people" and those Generals that Trump bragged about are writing books about how terrible he is.

As long as he insists on running his Reality Show the results will be worse than they would be. If anything thinks the man sheds a tear over dead or suffering people, they don't know him. Everyone is expendable to him - wives, friends, business associates, his fixer and lawyer, employees and the world in general.

Old 03-27-2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
The Stress and Social Isolation AND the facts that the USA is ill prepared will end up hurting a LOT of people from heart attacks and panic attacks and such.

When one feels "take care of" and part of the group things feel different. But if a person knows the truth - that they are likely screwed, that is quite a big stressor.
17 year olds don't usually get heart attacks simply due to stress. That is a stretch. When they do its usually due to a health problem they are not aware of like Shaq O'neal's son. That could be the case with this kid.

I have lived in Hurricane country and during an emergency you are often on your own. No first responder will come to your aid. That is life sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies