Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2020, 09:58 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
All I have to do, is turn on CNN for 5 minutes. It doesn’t matter what time of day it is. After 5 minutes of CNN, it is obvious what their true mission is. In light of that, I fully understand his hostility toward them.

I agree, HOWEVER, just because they are out to get him does not, in any way mean that he is not wrong. If you watch Fox, it is the exact same, just the opposite side of the bias. Both are awful.

But in this case, the CNN reporter was able to back his bias up with fact. Trump's words were what they were, and anyone who claims he was not implying that he'd hold out on people or states that insulted him is lying to themselves or to others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2020, 10:13 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
During a coronavirus task force briefing, President Trump interrupts PBS reporter Yamiche Alcindor after she asks about his previous claim that governors don't need all of the equipment they are requesting to fight the pandemic.

Is there really a need for this behavior???

https://youtu.be/1uWT_L58MGc

probably not a need, but she was pretty outspoken and remember, right now, he is pretty frustrated and tired. We all know he flaps his mouth to much, and yet this time I understand where he is coming from.

Old 03-30-2020, 10:15 AM

24,005 posts, read 15,096,054 times
[quote=beach43ofus;57709836]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
This quarantine will last as long as those daily briefing increase his numbers.

He tells us something different every day, but his base loves him.

Verifying what the POTUS says is the job of the White House press.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Trump's approval rating for his handling of the virus is 60%!

Thus, Trump's base could be widening, while the media's last approval rating of 41%, is likely declining, with each Trump attack.

Things are breaking heavily in Trump's favor. If the "Trump Drug" test results from New York come out favorably, Trump's approval rating will skyrocket, and he'll ride that to re-election.

Meanwhile, Sleep Joe's sitting on the sidelines. Trump extending the quarantines to April 30th means Joe can't be campaigning. Never let a crisis go to waste, they say.
You are correct. IMO, just about the dumbest thing the Ds could do is nominate either Biden or Sanders. If there is anything POTUS Trump has mastered is getting media attention in his favor. Trump will make Joe look lie a congenital idiot.

Old 03-30-2020, 10:19 AM

14,496 posts, read 12,134,812 times
Quote:
Is there really a need for this behavior???
I do think there is a need for it. They're not going to stop if they're treated politely.

Everyone who is honest can see a 'gotcha' question when it's asked. I think most of the people really respect a president who doesn't let them get away with it.

The parts of the "news" media who are overtly and personally anti-Trump are committing journalistic malpractice and they should be called out on it. Their personal opinions about this president are tainting ALL of their coverage of this event. They will not allow Trump to succeed in ANYTHING.

Old 03-30-2020, 10:28 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
The point is, he shouldn’t have even needed to clarify it. It was obvious to anyone with an IQ over 80 that this is what he meant when he said it. It didn’t seem the least bit ambiguous to me at the time he made the statement. If I didn’t know the democrats better, i would have been surprised about it being presented any other way after the fact.

If people don't know and admit that the media will twist anything that Trump says to advance their own agenda, they have no business voting.

(or any other politician when the time is right)

Old 03-30-2020, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Again, whether he was referring to the virus itself as a hoax or the criticism of his failure to adequately respond to it as a hoax, the message was functionally the same: He was downplaying the risk of a pandemic and dismissive of concern that his Administration was not preparing adequately. Given what has since transpired and what we now know, excoriating him for his "hoax" comment is totally justified.

You expected him to tell everyone to panic??

The media already had that covered.

Old 03-30-2020, 10:54 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,590,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
You expected him to tell everyone to panic??

The media already had that covered.
Yea, obviously there was no middle ground between dismissing covid as a soon-to-be-nonexistent nuisance and telling everyone to panic.

Trump supporters continue to demonstrate that they are unable to understand nuance. Like seeing the world through the eyes of a toddler, everything is binary to them.

Old 03-30-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Yea, obviously there was no middle ground between dismissing covid as a soon-to-be-nonexistent nuisance and telling everyone to panic.

Trump supporters continue to demonstrate that they are unable to understand nuance. Like seeing the world through the eyes of a toddler, everything is binary to them.

I never heard Trump say anything like that.

Speaking of not understanding nuance.....

The Left wing media has been tearing into Trump for saying he'd like to get some parts of the economy going again by Easter.....

Y'all don't get that he was saying that's what he'd LIKE to do......you know, like having a goal?

He never said he was actually going to do it.

It's called giving people hope.......and also easing the country into the fact that it might be much longer.

Can you imagine what the consequences might have been if he said a month ago that we'd be shutting down a huge part of the economy for over a month??

Or longer?

Old 03-30-2020, 11:04 AM

8,386 posts, read 4,372,592 times
I don't see an issue with reporters asking Trump about things he has said in the past. Trump just gets mad when asked to explain his own stupidity.

Old 03-30-2020, 11:04 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I do think there is a need for it. They're not going to stop if they're treated politely.

Everyone who is honest can see a 'gotcha' question when it's asked. I think most of the people really respect a president who doesn't let them get away with it.

The parts of the "news" media who are overtly and personally anti-Trump are committing journalistic malpractice and they should be called out on it. Their personal opinions about this president are tainting ALL of their coverage of this event. They will not allow Trump to succeed in ANYTHING.
I'm really sorta saddened that we have this crisis happening and the few pressers that I've seen with trump there are always a handful of questions that are CLEARLY gotcha type questions, it's pretty obvious to anyone with a brain. I'm like why do people have to be so douchy right now? We need to rally behind each other and really need to cool out on the partisan garbage. There will always be time for that down the road. Let's work together on this and chill out with the scoring points nonsense.

I'm always sorta surprised that trump doesn't lose his cool more often and with greater intensity. He simply just put that guy in his place, I didn't get that he was over the top filled with rage as the pinheads on CNN and MSNBC try to make him out to be.

I think Fauci has been barking a bit more at the media than Trump has been, in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies