Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2020, 03:46 PM

6,738 posts, read 4,423,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I hate these "Gotcha" questions, too.

But you must admit, if he didn't spew so much inaccurate, deceptive, and blatantly false BS, they wouldn't have any "Gotcha" questions to ask.

He doesnt like being confronted. Its usually something he misquoted or screwed up on. Not good for his ego to be questioned. He can dish it out, but is thin skinned to take it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2020, 03:47 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,123,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
During a coronavirus task force briefing, President Trump interrupts PBS reporter Yamiche Alcindor after she asks about his previous claim that governors don't need all of the equipment they are requesting to fight the pandemic.

Is there really a need for this behavior???

https://youtu.be/1uWT_L58MGc

She's a reliable troublemaker. Nothing new here. America will remember the behavior of these clowns when this is all over.

Old 03-30-2020, 03:54 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,590,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
here's the thing - "we have 15 cases, and pretty soon that number is going to be zero" - even though this isn't 100% accurate - you can at least get him to admit a mistake, over-optimism, whatever.

btw, here's the - again, edited for some reason - youtube from the campaign rally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5TZ6fTYrsE
He spent months downplaying it, including your quote, but has never admitted it was a mistake to do so. Instead, he said that he recognized it as a pandemic early on - which is the opposite of what he was telling his supporters in January and February. Show us where he "admitted a mistake." Give us a link.

Old 03-30-2020, 03:58 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
He spent months downplaying it, including your quote but has never admitted it was a mistake to do so. Instead, he said that he recognized it as a pandemic early on - which is the opposite of what he was telling his supporters in January and February. Show us where he "admitted a mistake." Give us a link.
I'm not sure you will ever find an instance of this guy admitting a mistake in his entire life. Clinical narcissists don't do that.

Old 03-30-2020, 04:01 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
Quote:
Because its politically expedient, I guess. Both sides do it. Remember all the right wing hoopla about "you need to pass it to see whats in it" and "you didn't build that" which were both grossly misconstrued?

I have been clear that I understood he was calling Democratic criticism "a hoax" but, in context, it really doesn't matter as the message he was conveying was that covid was a mere nuisance that would soon disappear thanks to his great strategic planning.
I suppose. Now, I would say Pelosi's "you need to pass it to see what's in it" was clear, but it was also a decade ago so I'd have to see if there's an unvarnished account. Obama didn't convey "you didn't build that" well - when the context is "you didn't do it ALL by yourselves".

I wouldn't interpret what he said as "this is a mere nuisance", but he certainly did put an optimistic spin on it with small number of cases, task force in place, "we're doing a great job", etc.

That was also a campaign rally, and it was also Feb 28. the first US death was the next day (or occurred earlier that day) COVID was declared a pandemic 11 days later.

Old 03-30-2020, 04:07 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
Quote:
He spent months downplaying it, including your quote, but has never admitted it was a mistake to do so. Instead, he said that he recognized it as a pandemic early on - which is the opposite of what he was telling his supporters in January and February. Show us where he "admitted a mistake." Give us a link.
I don't think they've stopped to ask him "Looking back, was it a mistake to say 'we have 15 cases and soon will be zero'?"

he's blowing up Acosta right now.

Looks at him - "OK, let's give it a shot"
Acosta - "What do you say to Americans who are upset with you...let me rattle through several 2-word quotes taken from full sentences 3+ weeks ago"

Old 03-30-2020, 08:06 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,590,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I don't think they've stopped to ask him "Looking back, was it a mistake to say 'we have 15 cases and soon will be zero'?"

he's blowing up Acosta right now.

Looks at him - "OK, let's give it a shot"
Acosta - "What do you say to Americans who are upset with you...let me rattle through several 2-word quotes taken from full sentences 3+ weeks ago"
So where in that exchange did he "admit a mistake" in downplaying covid?

Old 03-31-2020, 09:28 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,369,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
America will remember the behavior of these clowns when this is all over.
Will we?

What happened to the guy who pointed out that Obama wore a brown suit?

Or the guy who noticed that he likes Dijon mustard?

Or the one who noticed he had a "terrorist" name?

Nothing. Because this is politics as usual. Politicians do evil things, like enjoy fancy condiments or lie about pandemics, but we get over it.

Old 03-31-2020, 09:36 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRacer View Post
He really laid into those two CNN reporters yesterday. Calling them fake news, untrustworthy and pointing out their ratings are in the toilet. I don't know, maybe he's just had enough of CNN more than anything else. Just a guess.
So reporters should have forgiven Trump by now for saying the virus was under tremendous control in February?

Old 03-31-2020, 09:39 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
All I have to do, is turn on CNN for 5 minutes. It doesn’t matter what time of day it is. After 5 minutes of CNN, it is obvious what their true mission is. In light of that, I fully understand his hostility toward them.
Then for comfort you need to tune in to Fox News for Sean Hannity's program to find commentary from the opposite side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies