Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2020, 06:14 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
You aren't surprised, are you?

Old 03-31-2020, 06:16 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,764,939 times
Too many people did not care.
Only two weeks ago many people were still eating in the restaurants, when Italy was already in hell.

Old 03-31-2020, 06:18 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,764,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skezo View Post
Army core of engineers is constructing quick build hospitals all across america.
If you want quick build new hospital buildings like China did they won't be up to code and could, as they did in China collapse - they also won't be suitable for long term use for the reasons.
None of the temporary hospitals in China collapsed.
One hotel used for quarantine collapsed, but that was converted from an autoshop.

Old 03-31-2020, 06:22 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,281,036 times
I haven't heard anything about how many new hospitals are going up, or whether new ventilators are being made, but I've also been trying to take a little break from the news. Any links to share?

Old 03-31-2020, 06:25 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
What is it with these dumbass conservative Christians?!?

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/s...19150545760256
I guess he wants his 15 minutes of fame. Give him the Darwin Award.

Old 03-31-2020, 06:26 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,590,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Interesting article from MIT. It's a couple weeks old, but still quite relevant.

https://thereader.mitpress.mit.edu/f...is-not-enough/

This is being done a little bit. We have the medical ship in NY, and one of the medical doctors who posts here has said how his hospital has converted areas to ICUs, but we may need to do much, much more. The end of the article above talks about government taking control of production, through directing it. What do you think?
Cuomo has been saying this for weeks. Trump supporters too stupid to understand exponential growth and logistics have been pointing and laughing at the stockpiles he has been collecting like a bunch of hyenas.

Old 03-31-2020, 06:27 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,055,904 times
Flattening the curve is stupid, just let the virus run its course, like what happened with H1N1 ten years ago.
We're wasting so much time, money and wrecking our economy over this, it's beyond absurd.

Old 03-31-2020, 06:29 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,055,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB12inTB2020 View Post
PEOPLE are the problem. I am sitting on my front porch, in a SENIOR community, looking at two dozen MORON seniors having a social party. Hugging, kissing, shaking hands, drinking. PEOPLE are the freaking problem.

No, they're just living life instead of living in fear because their TV told them to.

Old 03-31-2020, 06:32 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,740,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB12inTB2020 View Post
PEOPLE are the problem. I am sitting on my front porch, in a SENIOR community, looking at two dozen MORON seniors having a social party. Hugging, kissing, shaking hands, drinking. PEOPLE are the freaking problem. What idiots. They are in the prime risk group regarding age and some of them have other health issues, yet there they are. Putting THEMSELVES at risk....yet if even one gets sick, they will be the first to slam a politician.....especially if that political is not on the same side of the political fence that they are.

I see lots of people complaining about the youth of our country not taking proper precautions, yet this is not the first time I have seen seniors doing stupid things like this.

It does not matter what any government or any single politician does, if morons like these keep going against social distancing then the virus will spread and kill more people. They are IDIOTS over there!!!!
You have just laid out my wife's rant for her and she thanks you for it. I'm at high risk even though I'm still not 45 yet. Her mama bear protective instincts are on high alert right now and she's determined to not let me get this thing.

I suppose it's hard to break bad habits. Anyone seen the video of the woman trying to keep herself from touching her face? A lot of it's that kind of thing. We tend to do what we're used to doing.

Old 03-31-2020, 06:32 PM

1,768 posts, read 717,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
None of the temporary hospitals in China collapsed.
One hotel used for quarantine collapsed, but that was converted from an autoshop.
Appears you were correct. I'm not quite sure if their hospitals put up are similar to our way of doing it or totally new construction. Regardless my point I was trying to make stands - that is that the army core of engineers is doing it correctly and trying to establish long term places on emergency timelines like this would be a disaster. The specifics aren't really specified in the original post - I'm just trying to add insight on the good/bad ways you can go about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies