Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2020, 06:28 PM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No one is moving any goalposts...
Then they're self-propelled, because darn - look them go!

Quote:
...and stop with the cult references. Trump supporters are no more of a cult than the Obama supporters were.
I'll grant you with probably believing that. Trump followers are no more of a cult than the parody version of Obama supporters you've internalized as the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2020, 06:29 PM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
You should try pulling your fingers out of your ears and listen to what people say instead of parroting the same old tired bullcrap that has no basis in fact.
Both "total authority" and "no responsibility" come from literal Trump quotes.

Old 04-14-2020, 06:32 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,590,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Both "total authority" and "no responsibility" come from literal Trump quotes.
Using Trump’s own words against him is now being called an unfair “gotcha” question by Trump cultists. Haven’t you been keeping up?

Old 04-14-2020, 06:34 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Seeing more and more votes for offering Trump the dictatorship. Very disturbing.
Further disturbing when someone is doing that with freedom in the name. But then this nation is driven by hypocrisy when it isn't corruption.

3,973 posts, read 5,775,599 times
Trump can say whatever he wants and as long as those governors and state legislators serious about the pandemic continue to ignore him, then all is good. We've already heard a lot these past three years. If however the President or anyone affiliated with the White House (i.e. Kushner, Barr etc.) tries to use retaliatory or intimidating tactics including blackmail, extortion, or deliberate withholding of vital resources to state governments for not listening to him, then that will be a genuine threat to our federal system and our rule of law.

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Using Trump’s own words against him is now being called an unfair “gotcha” question by Trump cultists. Haven’t you been keeping up?
Actually it is him playing your MEDIA and exposing it and YOU for what you are.

Old 04-14-2020, 06:35 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It is clear Trump wants power, authority -- and no responsibility.

It doesn't work that way -- lol.
But no doubt Trump supporters would quite strongly disagree with that.

Old 04-14-2020, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
Trump can say whatever he wants and as long as those governors and state legislators serious about the pandemic continue to ignore him, then all is good. We've already heard a lot these past three years. If however the President or anyone affiliated with the White House (i.e. Kushner, Barr etc.) tries to use retaliatory or intimidating tactics including blackmail, extortion, or deliberate withholding of vital resources to state governments for not listening to him, then that will be a genuine threat to our federal system and our rule of law.
We already know what the consequence will be if that happens. Nothing. Nothing at all. Susan Collins might be “very disappointed” in him but figure he’s learned his lesson. They are feckless, amoral turds that need to be flushed.

Old 04-14-2020, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Actually it is him playing your MEDIA and exposing it and YOU for what you are.
I listen to what Trump says. I don’t need someone to interpret it for me. Those were his words. I’m an independent thinker rather than someone who has surrendered my soul and poisoned my brain to support demagogue.

Old 04-14-2020, 06:43 PM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
I listen to what Trump says. I don’t need someone to interpret it for me. Those were his words. I’m an independent thinker rather than someone who has surrendered my soul and poisoned my brain to support demagogue.

Oh yeah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies