Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2020, 10:25 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,561,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
November can't come fast enough.
The only thing happening in November is Trump winning re-election and Republicans likely taking the House. Why are you so eager for that to happen? I would think you'd be dreading that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2020, 10:29 AM

30,390 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
We know why the Governors want to keep the panic going... it’s not about health safety...it’s about political power..if they can stretch this until November Trump is finished and they know it....Democrats are disgusting human beings...

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr...ors-2020-04-13
My initial thought is that for the first time in many years, Trump may be wrong. I would like to hear his Constitutional argument.

Old 04-14-2020, 10:30 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,225,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Yeah.......

Even as someone who's normally a reluctant Trump supporter......

I'm questioning his angle on this one.

I don't get what he's trying to do here, obviously the gist of power rests with the individual states and cities.

Trump won the impeachment battle, now he's Mussolini. How many died in Italy in the War?

Old 04-14-2020, 10:34 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Their lives are so empty they are more concerned about “sticking it” to fellow Americans with ideological differences even if it means ignoring the Constitution, debating themselves, or hurting themselves.

Damn! It hurt when that coffee came flying out of my nose!

Old 04-14-2020, 10:36 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I think this is my biggest problem too. He might not always DO the wrong things, but he almost always SAYS the wrong things.

I think when push comes to shove, he'll do the right thing and not attempt to interfere with the governors running their states, but the fact that he felt the need to run his mouth is why a lot of people don't like him even when they don't always disagree with what he actually ends up doing.
All snark and kidding aside, what gives you confidence that he'll do the right thing? And by right, I include decisions I might disagree with but which have been thoughtfully considered and argued or explained.

My real issue with Trump isn't his politics. I disagree with him on many issues, in principal or in method, but that's the way it goes sometimes. As I read his methods, though , I see what really concerns me. He views things simplistically. Not astutely, which is a real skill in cutting through BS to get at the heart of a problem, but simplistically in ignoring complexity when it's relevant. He thought, and wanted this to be a "Chinese" virus he could keep in China or send back there. It's not. It never was.

Old 04-14-2020, 10:36 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,050 times
Trump doesn't have the authority and sounds like an idiot when he opens his yap off the cuff.

Old 04-14-2020, 10:39 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
My initial thought is that for the first time in many years, Trump may be wrong. I would like to hear his Constitutional argument.
Now that's funny!

Old 04-14-2020, 10:40 AM

13,080 posts, read 7,523,914 times
Apparently, Left bank states (CA, OR, WA) have also teamed up.

Foolish of DJT to think he has earned the Privilege to lead the parade out of this crisis. He now calls this the 'President's' duty, which may be first time USA has ever heard him put the Office in the 3rd person. Someone must have been coaching him.

As for his designated administrators (Ivanka & Jared), does any one think that business will follow the president's mandates over their own self interest? Do we think that I & J, and DJT trusted heads have the support of staff/advisors to make and implement reopening of USA?

Now you, DJT, President, have chosen to take on this responsibility, rather ham-handed. The President must now show results and no failures, with out blame to anyone; Think Ivanka & Jared, are up to the task?
JMO, someone baited a hook for a shad .
GL
PMMV

Old 04-14-2020, 10:41 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,022,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
We know why the Governors want to keep the panic going... it’s not about health safety...it’s about political power..if they can stretch this until November Trump is finished and they know it....Democrats are disgusting human beings...

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr...ors-2020-04-13
Trump talks like he’s a dictator and some how democrats are disgusting...

Where’s the real Americans?

Old 04-14-2020, 10:41 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
just like every human, sometimes he is wrong. The agreement on this among those who can actually fog a mirror is pretty universal.

Now, does the declaration of an all-states Emergency change it? I don't know but doubt it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies