Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2020, 02:42 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
That policy is for the Democrats like Joe Biden. He believes in no borders.

The choice is clear.
....as a bell.

That’s why I’m voting for Joe.

Old 04-26-2020, 02:43 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
....as a bell.

That’s why I’m voting for Joe.
So you do not believe all women then?

Old 04-26-2020, 02:54 PM

27,575 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDawg View Post
Nationalism is an ideology and movement that promotes the interests of a particular nation (as in a group of people) especially with the aim of gaining and maintaining the nation's sovereignty (self-governance) over its homeland.
How can anybody possibly be against this ideology, unless they are promoting the destruction of their country?

Old 04-26-2020, 02:56 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times
Nationalism is about creating a national identity and using economics and law to promote the functional purpose of each class in society.

The working class is important, not just the left overs of globalization. The ruling class are symbolic and give people a unifying message. The rest something along the lines.

Republicans, especially Reagan, have worked effortlessly to destroy this system along with democrats, but they are the more egregious of the two because republicans claim to be traditionalists.

They have helped build a system where suburban sprawl and free trade farm investment have formed a thankless middle class that wants to consume the latest goods at their near by warehouse store, and all other social icons are left to rot and die.

The federalist society, and all the rest, have a violent hatred for national identity, and the spokespeople like Mark Levin or Erick Erickson have done well in lecturing Americans about not working as hard as chinese or mexican slave labor as a reason why they deserve to die or move to a tract home community in metropolitan Dallas or wherever else private equity pours money so they can learn to code and buy up as much made in China garbage as they can so they keep the equity and bond market afloat.

Old 04-26-2020, 03:17 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Utter BS that Trump would have advocated for millions of Mexicans to invade our border illegally to get elected! The Democrats certainly are though! Liberals have no shame with their constant lies.

Old 04-26-2020, 05:37 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I imagine a bunch of fools who have never left their own country screaming loudly about how it’s the best/toughest/strongest.
This image direct from mainstream liberal media to your brain.

Old 04-26-2020, 05:45 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
So you read a Pukipedia article that you didn't even understand. Great.

Do you even know what a nation is?

I'm guessing you don't. A nation is a group of people who share:

1) a common ancestry;
2) a common language;
3) common customs, mores and values;
4) worship the same god(s);
5) revere the same heroes;
6) cherish the same history;
7) celebrate the same holidays; and
8) share the same music, poetry, drama and literature.

Putting it all together, the Chickasaw are a nation; America is not. The Irish are a nation; America is not.

See how that works?

Where do you and I fall on that list? We share a common language, that's about it.
It's foolish to claim that Americans don't share many of those things. Of course they do. When you step outside the country and look at it from a distance that becomes obvious.

Old 04-26-2020, 07:11 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
So you do not believe all women then?
I never claimed to. Why would I believe ALL women? Does that sound logical to you?

But that’s not the issue with me. I have to pick between Biden and Trump. I have too many working brain cells to pick Trump. That’s all this is to me.

Biden isn’t Trump. That’s good enough.

Old 04-26-2020, 08:14 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,356,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
How can anybody possibly be against this ideology, unless they are promoting the destruction of their country?
It depends. I'm against having "countries" as they exist today (nation-states), but I fully believe in establishing and maintaining a culture. I want the culture to be as anti-authoritarian as possible, and to respect everyone's property rights.

Long story short, it doesn't matter where you live, where you're from, what you look like, who you are....same rules and standards apply to every single person in existence. National borders are irrelevant. Culture is what matters.

I'll take a hodgepodge of people from around the world who believe in non-aggression and property rights over the people in my surrounding area who believe in running their neighbors' lives by force and taking their resources for their own goals. Geography doesn't matter.

Old 04-26-2020, 08:44 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I never claimed to. Why would I believe ALL women? Does that sound logical to you?

But that’s not the issue with me. I have to pick between Biden and Trump. I have too many working brain cells to pick Trump. That’s all this is to me.

Biden isn’t Trump. That’s good enough.
Well if you I deed have a surplus of firing synapses would you mind at least lending ol' Joe a few? Personally I'm fed up with the lesser of two evils voting choices.

Personally I think Trump is that lesser evil. With him and Clinton I voted for neither. I may do so again but I'm leaning Trump.

I could consider myself a nationalist because I do believe in America first. Take care of our own, slashing foriegn aid to the bone, coming down on illegals like a Grizzly with a sore tooth, that sort of thing.

I dont believe being nationalist. makes one a racist or supremacist at all. I'm sure not either of the latter. The US certainly has citizens of all skin tones and I put all of them before citizens of any other country.

I have heartburn with these would be birder jumpers who try to come here flying the colors of where they come from. That's not being racist or xenophobic either. But it is nationalistic. Guilty as charged. Theres within g wrong with that to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies