Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 08:39 AM

22,679 posts, read 24,673,472 times

Advertisements

Time to FULLY open things up, the vulnerable can choose to stay in quarantine, their choice!

Old 05-05-2020, 09:08 AM

39,326 posts, read 27,709,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Put a pin in threads like this, because the election is what is going to "cure" coronavirus and make everyone feel less afraid. If you care about the economy, life going back to normal (state run normal anyway), going to restaurants and events, etc...pray with all your might that Biden gets elected because between November and January, the media will be working overtime to let you know how everything is awesome now, herd immunity rules, coronavirus is beaten, we're all good, etc.

It's a media fueled panic, built entirely on misuse of misreported data, all for one purpose - getting rid of Trump. Pray it works, or we are in for four more years of this s**t. Not because of what Trump does or doesn't do, but because the media will spend every single minute for the next four years terrifying you of one thing or another, and the American populace is too freaking stupid to realize they are being played like fiddles.

Seriously, if you want everything to be hunky dory again...vote Biden like your life depends on it.
A lot of good points you made.

This said, I do KNOW this illness is very serious and global pandemic is no joke.

However, I certainly agree with you that if it was a Democrat president, the media wouldn't have been as harsh.

Truth for me is that I certainly don't trust any politicians at this point, everything is politically driven. Nor do I believe the media.

What i do believe is my family members who are doctors, they don't lie to me. They have told me at the very beginning (back in Jan) that something happened in China would happen in the U.S. (probably worse), and I am really on my own. Try not to get sick the whole year, but the good news is that ALL pandemic will be over. People will die, just don't know how many. it is what it is.

Old 05-05-2020, 09:09 AM

25,456 posts, read 9,854,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Time to FULLY open things up, the vulnerable can choose to stay in quarantine, their choice!
The vulnerable can't just stay home, regardless of what some think. They also have to go out and get groceries, medicine, etc. It doesn't work like that.

Old 05-05-2020, 09:12 AM

8,964 posts, read 2,572,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
The vulnerable can't just stay home, regardless of what some think. They also have to go out and get groceries, medicine, etc. It doesn't work like that.
Sure they can. The more you open things up, the easier it'll be for the small number of people who need to stay home. With things shut down completely it puts ridiculous strain on delivery services.

Get the 90% of the population that isn't in any real danger from the virus back to living their lives and it'll help the 10% that need to stay hanging out with Joe Biden in their basements.

Old 05-05-2020, 09:14 AM

24,756 posts, read 9,549,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
So at what point can your side admit we’re already there? It takes 5-10 days for people to get sick.

Hasn’t happened.

We are gonna be at 30k daily cases and 2k-3k daily deaths for a long time. Is what it is and we either get it over with now or put it off for whatever pointless reason and the same damn thing just happens later.
Liberals don’t really care. Their plan of “stay lockdown forever and get gov’t money” has backfired tremendously.

It’s very sad that folks think you could just run and hide and the virus was just going to disappear. Here we are, finally reopening the economy and COVID is still out there.

There’s a reason Sweden implemented herd immunity, they knew that was the only path.

Old 05-05-2020, 09:15 AM

45,675 posts, read 24,085,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Sure they can. The more you open things up, the easier it'll be for the small number of people who need to stay home. With things shut down completely it puts ridiculous strain on delivery services.

Get the 90% of the population that isn't in any real danger from the virus back to living their lives and it'll help the 10% that need to stay hanging out with Joe Biden in their basements.
Prior to the shutdown -- so many places didn't have delivery - they implemented because of the shutdown. Will they keep it up after -- who knows.

If you have grandparents it means not only them staying home but you can't go see them because you aren't staying home.

Do you think Trump is going to get into a rally crowd right now.

The day he gets down in there and shakes hands -- I'm all in.....lol.

Old 05-05-2020, 09:16 AM

130,790 posts, read 12,202,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Delivery is available in most places & my pharmacy is offering free mailing of prescriptions. People who want to stay home, can stay at home for a long time & get things delivered.

Old 05-05-2020, 09:16 AM

14,021 posts, read 5,665,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
A lot of good points you made.

This said, I do KNOW this illness is very serious and global pandemic is no joke.

However, I certainly agree with you that if it was a Democrat president, the media wouldn't have been as harsh.

Truth for me is that I certainly don't trust any politicians at this point, everything is politically driven.
Nothing would be shut down right now if a Democrat was POTUS. Not a thing. Media created the hysteria.

I don't debate covid-19's effect on people with comorbidities, but I also don't debate how pneumonia, seasonal flu, heart disease, diabetes and a slew of other things affect people with comorbidities. The actual data, given extrapolation, analysis, and some correction on both infection numbers and properly accounted death numbers, suggests a virus not much worse in CFR than seasonal flu. Sure, the disease itself is harsh in how it achieves its CFR, but the rate isn't that much different than normal flu. What is different is data collection and media hysteria.

When (hopefully) Biden is elected, the media will shift into "make it all sound good to give Joe a head start on being teh loved" mode, and covid-19 will get a lot less scary in a hurry, because they'll find "new studies" and "improved data" that show how covid-19 is pretty much like seasonal flu, not much to see here, move along.

Old 05-05-2020, 09:20 AM

34,274 posts, read 18,653,587 times
Quote:
Nothing would be shut down right now if a Democrat was POTUS. Not a thing. Media created the hysteria.
^^^^^THIS! Obama had H1N1. NO SHUTDOWN. If Hillary were President (God forbid) no shutdown. The Media would have changed their entire tune. Now it is ALL Doom and Gloom and extend the shutdown.

Quote:
I don't debate covid-19's effect on people with comorbidities, but I also don't debate how pneumonia, seasonal flu, heart disease, diabetes and a slew of other things affect people with comorbidities. The actual data, given extrapolation, analysis, and some correction on both infection numbers and properly accounted death numbers, suggests a virus not much worse in CFR than seasonal flu. Sure, the disease itself is harsh in how it achieves its CFR, but the rate isn't that much different than normal flu. What is different is data collection and media hysteria.
Totally agree.

Quote:
When (hopefully) Biden is elected, the media will shift into "make it all sound good to give Joe a head start on being teh loved" mode, and covid-19 will get a lot less scary in a hurry, because they'll find "new studies" and "improved data" that show how covid-19 is pretty much like seasonal flu, not much to see here, move along.
I hope that doesn't happen, but if Biden is elected, that is exactly what will occur. And that is the MEDIA'S goal. A Media that is 98% Democrat PROPAGANDISTS. They are the enemy of America.

Old 05-05-2020, 09:22 AM

39,326 posts, read 27,709,507 times
Quote:

At this point, I don't want to argue if this is worse or slightly better or just about the same as seasonable flu because I don't know. But according to the my ER doc uncle, if we are worrying about the economic impact, the people on ventilators probably cost millions and many, unfortunately, still die. Hospitals rely on surgeries to make money, but now, they cannot do many surgeries. My friend is constantly in pain because his gallbladder needed to be removed, the surgery was postponed.

I wish I had an answer, but I don't.

I think you are right, If Biden is elected, the media will shift. I think they will shift into "Oh look, Joe bided does such a good job, now our country is back, our economy is back, our country is united and we beat this covid-19 monster." I don't believe we will see much of the death toll reported anymore because, oh well, people still die, but we flattened the curve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies