Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2020, 05:18 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

4 more years of excuses why Trump can't get things done.

Old 05-08-2020, 05:21 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,391,611 times
If/when Trump is reelected, these power mad FREAKS will destroy the power grid.

Bookmark it!

Old 05-08-2020, 07:53 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Now is the time to abandon the corporatist center and embrace a progressive agenda in the image of Sanders. We need to highlight the failings of our system, where we’re allowing the plutocracy to continue to increase their wealth and power at the expense of the rest of us, with a smaller and smaller share for us, with fewer workers rights, lax environmental protections and an increasingly unstable economy.

We should embrace regulation to shore up the rights of workers, including paid sick leave, PTO, and making it easier to unionize. Similarly, we need to get going with Medicare for All immediately and enter the first world. Taxation should come into line with the modern world to appropriately find our infrastructure and social needs.
We are currently witnessing how "embracing regulation" is just so good for business and workers. LOL.

Your commercial for Marxism is a complete fail. But now we know who YOU are.

Old 05-08-2020, 08:45 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
when Trump gets re-elected, Dems will go back to their perpetual investigations and maybe even try another impeachment. Meanwhile the corrupt politicians will keep doing their shady dealings while they hypocritically preach about morals.

I also predict that the deep state is gonna be further found out and they will be exposed. i.e. Adam ****t errr … Shiff, will be exposed even more as they unlock the stuff they have been hiding.

Hillary C will continue to not keep her stupid head out of the cameras spouting some stupid nonsense and hypocritical nonsense.

What might surprise some of us is they will expose Obama for the fraud he is and more dirt will come out about him and his shifty shady dealings while people thought he was the messiah.

And normal people, citizens, will keep going about their every day business, working ( I hope) and getting thru covid and getting used to a new way of shopping, eating out, as these will be our concerns.

I think some Dems will convert to Independents, Libertarians and maybe Republicans.

Nancy Pelosi will be out as will some other idiots like the tyrannical Michigan governor and will be voted out or ousted out as soon as humanly possible.

Old 05-08-2020, 09:09 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Hopefully they make good on their threats of relocating.
I hear China has whole cities that are completely empty, built and ready for move in.

Sounds like a good match. Tyrant lovers can go live with tyranists. Probably pretty cheap also, until the bill comes due. That organ harvesting clause is a real biotch, to be sure.

CN

Old 05-08-2020, 09:31 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,402,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
Even if the Dems win, Trump will have a parallel Twitter presidency that 30-odd percent of the country will consider to be more legitimate than the elected president.

Watching America fall so far, so fast into a sectarian quagmire where it’s democratic institutions seem at risk of buckling under the stress has been sad and terrifying. I hope you all find a way to be a united nation once again. Hell, faced with a deadly virus that has killed 70,000+ of your citizens in a few weeks, I would have hoped to see you come together against a common threat. Instead, it became another venue for partisan mudslinging and recrimination.

I really hope to see the US get its **** together. I was planning to live there not long ago.
Oh thanks! Your post describes exactly how I feel , you formulated it much better.
I have been telling my friends that nothing will change because we can’t even get it together to match on DC to get rid of the idiot and his very bad advice and leadership.
Very worried about this country right now.

Old 05-08-2020, 09:32 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,402,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Don't trust what you read online. None of this crap happens in person. Everyone is a tough guy online. Most people are good and get along.
Sadly they’re not! See it in my community every day, very divided.

Old 05-08-2020, 09:46 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,444,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Now is the time to abandon the corporatist center and embrace a progressive agenda in the image of Sanders. We need to highlight the failings of our system, where we’re allowing the plutocracy to continue to increase their wealth and power at the expense of the rest of us, with a smaller and smaller share for us, with fewer workers rights, lax environmental protections and an increasingly unstable economy.

We should embrace regulation to shore up the rights of workers, including paid sick leave, PTO, and making it easier to unionize. Similarly, we need to get going with Medicare for All immediately and enter the first world. Taxation should come into line with the modern world to appropriately find our infrastructure and social needs.
As a Bernie supporter. I agree with this. I'm sick of how the Democrats treated Bernie Sanders.

Old 05-08-2020, 10:02 AM

18,499 posts, read 9,164,949 times
No matter which candidate wins in November, the top 1% will win and the bottom 99% will lose. And half of the 99% will feel like they’ve won because “their guy” was elected. They won’t care that “their guy” is bought and paid for by the top 1%, just like the “other guy” is.

That’s how tribalism works, folks. As long as you’re getting screwed by “your guy” and not “their guy,” you feel like you’ve won even though you are losing.

American politics is mainly a sideshow. It’s a WWE match to entertain the idiot masses.

At the end of the day, Big Money owns and runs the country.

Old 05-08-2020, 10:39 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
After Trump wins, there is nothing else for Democrats to do but to wait for another 4 years before Ivanka is elected as the first female president.
After a wait of another 8 years, Barron Trump will be ready to serve the office for another 8 years.

So it's quite a bit of wait for democrats.
If this came about, it would be end of our nation!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies