Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 04:02 PM

12,964 posts, read 13,686,951 times

Advertisements

This covid 19 thing is losing Trump the 60 and older voters. They are scared his bungling has already made widows and widowers out of them. He's neck and neck or a few points behind in the battle ground states, and mail in ballots could dominate the voting. That will certainly increase turnout which is bad for Republicans. And of course the economy will still suck or get worse six months from now.

Old 05-11-2020, 04:39 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,379,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
As an aside, Trump ran the first genuinely Internet-based campaign and Presidency-over Twitter. It sucks that the party I love, the progressive one, is so far behind.
The Biden campaign has, in the last week, hired a whole group of staff who are very internet savvy. Things will change soon!

Old 05-11-2020, 06:01 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,694,341 times
Trump is going to suffer the worst defeat in presidential elections of all time. Red states turning blue is common this year. You can only fool some of the people some of the time. Sooner or later they catch on. Veterans will never vote for Trump the draft dodger. Blacks will not vote for Trump who pointed to one Afro American and asked where he was in the crowd. When this man was pointed out Trump said, "...there he is, my Afro American...". Trump was saying, "...and there's my boy (slave)." Hispanics have watched Trump deport many of their own. Trump has insulted women over and over again. I cannot imagine why any self-respecting woman would vote for him. That leaves conservative christians. Good luck with that.
Now Trump has managed to kill over 80,000 Americans because of his lack of leadership and failure to act. Why would anyone vote for him?

Trump lies, Americans die.

Old 05-11-2020, 06:13 PM

35,090 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
This covid 19 thing is losing Trump the 60 and older voters. They are scared his bungling has already made widows and widowers out of them. He's neck and neck or a few points behind in the battle ground states, and mail in ballots could dominate the voting. That will certainly increase turnout which is bad for Republicans. And of course the economy will still suck or get worse six months from now.
I am 63 and voted for Hillary. I am now, at this juncture, planning on voting for Trump despite my idolization of Whitmer, Lightfoot, Cuomo, and Newsome.

Old 05-11-2020, 07:23 PM

18,502 posts, read 9,172,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Both party's are exposed right now because they've both abanadoned huge swaths of their traditional voters.

Democrats have kicked moderate Dems to the curb.

Republicans have kicked Conservatives to the curb.

If a 3rd party could emerge that catered to these 2 abandoned voting blocks, ot could be a winning hand.

It takes about 2 years to get a new party launched, so it would need to start asap.
Both parties are exposed because it is obvious they are nothing more than corporate wh*res.

Neither party represents ordinary Americans. Why should they? Neither party is funded by ordinary Americans. They are funded by large corporations and billionaires.

Face it: America is a plutocracy. Elections are mostly a sideshow. It doesn’t really matter if the puppets have a D or an R after their name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies