Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2020, 02:53 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
They must re-imagine their party. I think they need to cast off the radical left, and pivot towards he middle with a strong message of fiscal sanity. The Republicans are exposed right now on spending.
They don't need to re-imagine anything, they just need to find a better candidate next time.

People who desire fiscal sanity would obviously NOT vote for Trump, who is the exact opposite of fiscal sanity.

Old 05-10-2020, 03:22 PM

1,042 posts, read 875,003 times
I am an old 'left leaning' woman. If trump is re-elected it is doubtful that I will live to see the changes I believe this county needs. on the plus side, most people my age lean to the right, and they will be dying off with me, leaving the incredible younger generation [millenials and z] to get things back on track. That will take so much work that they might be referred to as the "New Greatest Generation." [that's how I already view them

Old 05-10-2020, 10:56 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
They should have done this in 2017. Since they didn't, and there's no indication that the leadership of the party has any current interest in doing so in the near future, it's a total wildcard to me. I'm not making ANY predictions about it, because in order to do so, there needs to be a logical foundation for it. Since the Democrats are currently acting illogically and irrationally, there's no way to predict what they'll do next.
My voting history has often leaned left for 40 years and I was hoping so much that they would do some soul searching and come out of 2016 better and stronger, I like having options at the polls! But they self destructed instead and now I don't even have to think about the issues and who's saying they want to do what....I'm voting Republican in 2020, all over the place, even if it's not completely ideal.

Old 05-11-2020, 05:30 AM

25,777 posts, read 12,840,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Easy.
Elect a candidate who isn't ancient and preferably a woman who can appeal to Middle America and not the Hollywood/media lilberals.
Five years of saying Orange Man bad on late night TV shows doesn't get the Democrats any more votes than when they last lost.
They need to present an alternative vision of America that isn't unpatriotic.
And they need to be positive rather than negative.
The future is almost certainly not a 77-year-old rich white man with sexual assault allegations hanging over him.
The vast majority of media coverage comes from the MSM, CNN, MSNBC, and it's almost all Trump bashing....(I read 90% of Trumps coverage is negative), or at least the clips I see on the Internet (I don't have cable tv).

All hate speech, and very litle talk about Democrats plan for the future. They have brainwashed voters into voting on hate, rather than a better way forward. Biden hasn't even proposed a budget yet, hasn't proposed how we deal with C-19, or China, of bringing back the economy. Dem's haven't a clue what they are voting FOR.

Old 05-11-2020, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
We need a third party in America.
Both party's are exposed right now because they've both abanadoned huge swaths of their traditional voters.

Democrats have kicked moderate Dems to the curb.

Republicans have kicked Conservatives to the curb.

If a 3rd party could emerge that catered to these 2 abandoned voting blocks, ot could be a winning hand.

It takes about 2 years to get a new party launched, so it would need to start asap.

Old 05-11-2020, 05:36 AM

8,386 posts, read 4,372,592 times
Neither R or D will have to worry anymore because we will all be dead.

Old 05-11-2020, 05:40 AM

35,084 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerrose View Post
If it were up to the overwhelming majority of Democrat actual active VOTERS... Biden would not even be the nominee. He is the DNC pick, not who the actual voters want to support.

The DNC seems to only be interested in eating their young anymore. They completely ignore and discredit early on extremely vote worthy and confidence inspiring candidates. I have no idea why.

I do think 2020 will be the last of the DNC. I see a new, yet to be formed and named party occurring. I believe voters are sick and tired of the shenanigans and the non stop b.s. out of all our elected representatives. I believe lobbying is a huge problem, as is dark money political exploitation. Dividing us all as a nation is the perfect guise to distract us all from what is actually happening. Our political institutions have become fronts to anyone fortunate to be elected to office becoming privy to riches beyond wildest dreams in return for handing over the keys to the kingdom to private interest.

We need a new party and a lot of revision of old power structures and tax law. The majority of US did not choose Biden. We are stuck with him so far.
I want a combination of AntiFa and BLM to form the core of a reconstituted Democratic Party. With perhaps some organizational assistance of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change and for female input Gretchen Whitmer and Lori Lightfoot.

Old 05-11-2020, 05:47 AM

19,220 posts, read 17,105,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The vast majority of media coverage comes from the MSM, CNN, MSNBC, and it's almost all Trump bashing....(I read 90% of Trumps coverage is negative), or at least the clips I see on the Internet (I don't have cable tv).

All hate speech, and very litle talk about Democrats plan for the future. They have brainwashed voters into voting on hate, rather than a better way forward. Biden hasn't even proposed a budget yet, hasn't proposed how we deal with C-19, or China, of bringing back the economy. Dem's haven't a clue what they are voting FOR.
Don't watch any of the above mentioned channels but it does seem since this President there are now 200+ right leaning news sources that only print towards his favor not to mention his unfiltered stream of tweets which provide the basis for the above mentioned channels to bash.

Doesn't it strike you as odd that people (not just hardcore Dems) are willing to vote for a candidate that as you say "Dem's haven't a clue what they are voting FOR"? The unknown must look better for them than voting for what they have now...

Last edited by VA Yankee; 05-11-2020 at 06:01 AM..

Old 05-11-2020, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Then you are praying for the destruction of America. The US will NOT survive four more years of Trump at all. Do you approve of 78k deaths at the hands of Trump and his inactions?
On the agenda for what's next for Democrats (if Trump is re-elected) should be for Democrat Governors of Blue States to shore up their pandemic preparedness. ALL of the top 5 most deadly states for C-19 are Blue states, and 9 of the top 10. D-. So much of that tax money wasted on the wrong stuff.

Old 05-11-2020, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They don't need to re-imagine anything, they just need to find a better candidate next time.

People who desire fiscal sanity would obviously NOT vote for Trump, who is the exact opposite of fiscal sanity.
I agree. If the Dems pivot to the center, get a young inspiring centrist candidate who adopts fiscal sanity, and has a clean background, the Republicans would need a miracle to beat that Dem candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies