Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was it murder
Yes 299 58.86%
No 68 13.39%
Don't know/let's wait and see as more evidence is gathered 141 27.76%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2020, 08:18 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,595,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Not just a poor kid but a poor kid trying to keep fit by jogging in saggy shorts while stopping every so often to pick up tips to improve his planned career in the construction industry ...
What does that mean?

Old 05-17-2020, 08:27 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,455,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Unless you believe that 100% of the evidence is known and available, the GBI is not in possession of 100% of the evidence.

Probable cause for an arrest is a pretty low standard compared to what is needed for an actual conviction.

That they have been charged with aggravated assault certainly doesn’t mean that they will be convicted of aggravated assault.
Gee, thanks for spelling out what we all already know.

Old 05-17-2020, 08:36 AM

10,112 posts, read 6,461,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
What does that mean?
It means that some posters think it's hilarious to make up exaggerated details in order to make fun of the death of an unarmed person at the hands of armed pursuers. Go figure.

Old 05-17-2020, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
It’s the very definition of the word. And many are quite emphatic about that narrative, insisting that it’s well-established fact. Your back peddling off of that now is hilarious.

I’ve never suggested that what the McMichaels did was a good idea. But a bad idea, even a very bad one, can be perfectly legal.
Not if you are pointing guns at people.

Old 05-17-2020, 08:39 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,566,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Not if you are pointing guns at people.
....not something that has been proven.

Again, if you are just going to just make things up, at least make the nonsense interesting.

Old 05-17-2020, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I'm not back peddling. I have consistently stated two things regarding that. One, I do not think that Travis made the first call that day since that caller is still said to be unidentified and his Dad said he went to get Travis when he saw Arbery running down the street, BUT, Two, it would not change anything about the case. No one saw a felony.
Yeah I agree with you.

I originally though it might be Travis because the voice is quite similar to the earlier Feb 911 call that we know was Travis.

But, after considering, there are probably lots of men in that area that sound the same.

And, I dont think they would still be redacting the name if it was Travis.

Old 05-17-2020, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Then there is the fact that in the video Arbery sees Travis on the drivers side and then swerves to the passenger side of the truck. While Arbery is doing this Travis then moves from the drives side near the door to around in front of the truck. It appears that move is an attempt to once again cut off Arberys escape. That move from the passenger side door area to in front of the truck is Travis advancing on Arbery when Arbery was moving away from Travis. It is only after Travis moved from driver side to front of truck that Arbery made a turn to the left.
Did you mean to say when Travis passed the truck Arbery passed the truck and turned left?

Ha.......seriously I agree with you. The McMichaels were not going to let Arbery pass them.....no way, no how. If we can see that, I'm sure Arbery could see it.

Old 05-17-2020, 08:49 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,566,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Did you mean to say when Travis passed the truck Arbery passed the truck and turned left?

Ha.......seriously I agree with you. The McMichaels were not going to let Arbery pass them.....no way, no how. If we can see that, I'm sure Arbery could see it.
Yeah, they weren't going to let him pass....so long as we ignore that he did in fact pass them....and they let him do it.

Again, be more creative if you are just going to make ridiculous things up.

Old 05-17-2020, 08:53 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,425,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
That is your opinion.
The only opinion that will matter will be that of the jury - the rest of the baloney being spouted in this thread is irrelevant.
And juries can be notoriously fickle.
These two will walk.
It won't be the first time a politically-motivated prosecution fails for poor evidence.
Well no duh, the entire forum is irrelevant to anything, it is a place for discussion, glad you finally found that out.

Old 05-17-2020, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
....not something that has been proven.

Again, if you are just going to just make things up, at least make the nonsense interesting.
Did you miss the word "if" in what I posted?

I have already said its not totally clear if they were pointing guns.

But, Travis does appear to raise his arms as Arbery approaches the truck. We know he had the shotgun in his hands so why else would he be raising his arms other than to point the gun?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies