Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2020, 12:16 PM

4,022 posts, read 1,875,920 times

Advertisements

Mustang - were all three essential employees? And if so - did they continue working as if nothing happened?

Or did they take an "Involuntary" 2 or 3 week leave of absence?

THIS is what we're trying to avoid. You're making my case - not helping yours. Death isn't the big fear here - unemployment is. Ask them if their spouse could work during that time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2020, 12:54 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Another tangential point: The same people virtue signaling about those who don't wear masks are the same people who say "Don't judge a fat person for using a handicapped parking spot because you don't know what their medical condition is." The same goes for someone who isn't wearing a mask - there could be a valid medical reason they aren't wearing a mask. Judgmental left-wing hypocrites -- nothing new there.

I think if I could get the bandana to work right I might be okay but I can never get it on. They make it look so easy on YouTube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Not everyone is only out of the house for an hour or two.

Half the country is still going to work every day in essential jobs.

Try wearing a mask all day while you're working.

And the kicker is, the more effective the type of mask is, the more uncomfortable it is....... I've worn N-95 masks. .they suck as far as comfort goes.

And with hot, humid weather coming, it's just going to get worse.

Masks are great for a short amount of time. I use mine to clean a litter box but yeah that's about all. I am wondering if the mask in combination with being at the front door last Friday caused my episode. It puts me in a conundrum if we lose the masks we lose social distancing so I don't want to complain about it because I can tolerate having an essential job for the most part (except for when they put me at the door) but I can't ignore it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post

Wow this is difficult - and it shouldn't be. But I do sympathize with "all day" wearers - it sucks, no question. But until you confirm that you yourself are not sick - I will assume you are.

Oh I am sick but not from a virus.

Old 05-13-2020, 01:37 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
I live in a deep red county. Everyone I see is wearing a mask when shopping and not wearing a mask when tending their gardens and mowing their lawns. These people aren't stupid.

Old 05-13-2020, 02:38 PM

2,264 posts, read 971,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
From your linked article:

Quote:
Face masks are also used to protect staff from contamination. All personnel wear face masks when taking care of trauma patients or patients with blood-borne infections.

Old 05-13-2020, 03:40 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
From your linked article:
Yes, I know

The poster I was responding to made it sound like the mask was to protect the patient from germs. It’s more to protect the surgeon from bodily fluids.

Old 05-13-2020, 04:04 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,116,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenchi View Post
I don't wear them, I see no real point to using them.

If other people want to use them, more power to them if it makes them feel safe. /shrug

I however will not be limiting my liberties to cater to those with obsessive compulsive disorders.
You know if we want to we can make it illegal to leave your home without a mask. And if you didn't comply, we'd throw your butt in jail.

Old 05-13-2020, 04:08 PM

995 posts, read 509,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Another tangential point: The same people virtue signaling about those who don't wear masks are the same people who say "Don't judge a fat person for using a handicapped parking spot because you don't know what their medical condition is." The same goes for someone who isn't wearing a mask - there could be a valid medical reason they aren't wearing a mask. Judgmental left-wing hypocrites -- nothing new there.
That is very, very true. I have mild asthma.

It rarely gives me grief, unless I'm mowing the yard, or around certain animals. Wearing a mask, unfortunately, can trigger an attack. I can go about 20 minutes wearing one, after that, there's a good chance I'll have to take it off. That 20-minute window gets me through Aldi, and hopefully Costco when I go next week. But if I'm stuck in a long line, and I get short of breath, that mask is coming off.

Today, I went to the mall for the first time. Masks were recommended, but not required. I didn't get any grief from anyone, although a solid majority of people were in masks. The Bass Pro Shop, however, had much fewer customers in masks. I wonder why.

I really hate all this judgmental attitude from folks who had a habit of calling others judgmental not so long ago. Just leave the non-mask wearers alone!

Old 05-13-2020, 04:14 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
I wear a mask when mandatory...I don’t wear a mask if not mandatory and not in an area where many cases are! My choice!

Old 05-13-2020, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
You know if we want to we can make it illegal to leave your home without a mask. And if you didn't comply, we'd throw your butt in jail.
Why would you want to jail people for not wearing a mask?

Old 05-13-2020, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post

I really hate all this judgmental attitude from folks who had a habit of calling others judgmental not so long ago. Just leave the non-mask wearers alone!
I’ve heard from workers that the pro mask for all crowd are angrily confronting them and demanding that they make everyone wear masks too, which is just plain mean and wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies