Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2020, 10:05 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
You don't have to apply for all jobs. Just apply online for the ones that are online.

And you aren't limited only to jobs posted. If McD or BK doesn't have jobs posted online, email the store manager.

And it's pretty easy for someone who doesn't really want a job offer to not get a job offer. You don't have to dress nice or comb your hair for an interview.
I find temporary face tattoos work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2020, 10:05 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
That's odd. Once set up, which can be difficult right now due to the system overload, it should all be fine. Is she requesting payment every two weeks? I don't think you can sit back and have the checks roll in automatically week after week. In my state, the claimant has to log on or call to Request Payment for each payment period, at which time they also ascertain how much if any income they had, if they were available for work, how many places they applied for work, and agree under penalty of law that all this is true.
Odd? I'd use the word 'incompetent', if I didn't know the system is designed this way in purpose.

Old 05-18-2020, 10:10 AM

8,070 posts, read 12,790,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I'm sure everyone answers this question honestly LOL.
If I were an employer asking former employees to return to their jobs and they refused I would contact the labor department regarding their refusal since they are filing under a claim on my employer account.

Old 05-18-2020, 10:16 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
For now sounds like a good time for foreigners to come across the border to get busy!

Old 05-18-2020, 10:18 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
It's my understanding that if your employer offers you your old job back and you refuse unemployment stops. One of the questions asked on the unemployment site certification is "Did you refuse any offer of work or fail to go for a scheduled job interview?"

Answering yes to this question will flag you for follow up. When they ask you why you refused your old job and you tell them "I make more on unemployment" I suspect you will lose your claim.

https://esd.wa.gov/unemployment/weekly-claim-questions
All they have to do is keep saying they did not refuse the offer to come back, many people dont know this, but there is NO ONE verifying any of this information, (at least in my state).

The unemployment office is understaffed and run ragged most of the time, they do not have the manpower or time to be making phone calls to employers, asking them if offered someone a job back.

I was on UI for a few months in 2004, eventually I did find a job, I called the Unemplyment office to ask how I 'withdraw' from UI, the lady told me to just stop calling and requesting checks, there is no other way. if you keep calling in and requesting the checks...they WILL keep sending them.

Old 05-18-2020, 10:23 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
You don't have to apply for all jobs. Just apply online for the ones that are online.

And you aren't limited only to jobs posted. If McD or BK doesn't have jobs posted online, email the store manager.

And it's pretty easy for someone who doesn't really want a job offer to not get a job offer. You don't have to dress nice or comb your hair for an interview.
I am not sure, as I am teleworking, and very employed. But to others, who I help- like one granddaughter

Florida DEO says unemployed do need to claim weeks despite governor’s statement
Gov. DeSantis offers conflicting information to Florida’s unemployed on claiming weeks, payments

According to the DEO, beginning this week, people must log into the Florida unemployment website CONNECT to claim their weeks. Claimants have until May 17 to claim the current week which began Sunday after that they will need to sign into CONNECT every two weeks to claim their payments.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/lo...eeks-payments/

Old 05-18-2020, 10:26 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Returning to bars---about safety

The owner of the bar said Adams was inside trying to kiss random customers and after multiple people complained, he asked her to leave but she initially argued and refused until she eventually made her way out the front door, according to the affidavit.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/lo...ng-police-say/

Old 05-18-2020, 10:32 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Odd? I'd use the word 'incompetent', if I didn't know the system is designed this way in purpose.

I said "odd" because the system doesn't usually work the way it seems to be working for your wife, at least not under normal demand loads. You didn't answer the question as to whether she is formally requesting payment for every claim period.

Old 05-18-2020, 10:35 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Then don’t pass or sign it.

Primary every damn Republican who voted for it and the idiot who signed it.
Same goes for every damn Democrat. Except how would it look if Rs held up the entire bill for this reason? It tells me more that Ds wouldn't vote for a simple amendment to avoid this situation in the first place.

Old 05-18-2020, 10:35 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,231,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
If I were an employer asking former employees to return to their jobs and they refused I would contact the labor department regarding their refusal since they are filing under a claim on my employer account.

Be careful about making enemies when you have much more to lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies