Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2020, 09:38 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Seriously, if you don't vote then you have no say. If you want to complain then do something about it....get out and vote!
So those mentally or physically challenged have no say?? Many can’t vote - so not our citizens with full rights ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2020, 10:10 PM

32,074 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
So those mentally or physically challenged have no say?? Many can’t vote - so not our citizens with full rights ??
They can vote by mail

Old 05-22-2020, 10:38 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,871,011 times
Yes.

Centrist.

Old 05-22-2020, 10:49 PM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times
lol at all these narcissists posting themselves on social media confronting others

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKHq0qcykeY

Old 05-22-2020, 11:41 PM

1,485 posts, read 955,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Seriously, if you don't vote then you have no say. If you want to complain then do something about it....get out and vote!
Wrong again.

Seriously, someone who doesn't vote has just as much of a say as anyone else. Want proof? When a non voter is accused of a crime they get to argue their case in a court of law, where most times the judge is elected by voters.

Non voters get all the rights and privileges of the constitution, as long as dems don't ruin it.

Sure non voters have a say just as much as voters do.

As far as making a change by voting, voting means nothing. No ones votes counts because the Rulers of the planet put in whoever they want anyway.

Now, consider yourself educated on the matter. SERIOUSLY

Old 05-23-2020, 01:02 AM

10,219 posts, read 15,937,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Left. Mask.

Here in Denver it is rare to see someone without a mask while shopping.
I'm here in Louisiana in a heavily Republican area outside of Baton Rouge. I also am a conservative Christian Republican who voted for Trump and will vote for him again. I went shopping today in a local supermarket and I was the ONLY person with a mask on. There were only a couple people in there would were probably Democrats but even they didn't wear masks. I happen to work in health care and take this seriously though I also believe we should reopen the economy with precautions.

My mask was a MAGA mask and the cashier complimented it on it as did two shoppers even though one guy told me the virus was overblown and the Democrats want the economy to suffer thinking it will be blamed on Trump and hurt his chances.

In the more Democrat parts of town you see more masks being worn. And judge me however y'all like but the honest truth is around here, its very easy to guess who is a Democrat by looking at them. If someone is not obviously a Democrat, they support Trump. Not necessarily super passionate about Trump, but would still vote for him over Biden.

We unfortunately do have a Democrat governor who is considered "moderate" by the national media, and he hasn't implemented any mask requirement because he knows there will be even more resistance than in Michigan because people here take freedom and individualism VERY seriously and distrust of the government especially the Feds runs very deeply here though quite honestly the government and media has given us no reason to trust them with the Las Vegas shooting, the fake Kavanaugh accusations, the Waco Massacre, Benghazi, and so many other things.

Old 05-23-2020, 01:08 AM

10,219 posts, read 15,937,421 times
I personally don't think masks should be mandated by the government because its overreach, however private businesses have every right to make their own rules because its private property, and respect for private property is sacred in America.

Some of my friends who refuse to wear masks say its to show that the government and media have no control over them, but that point isn't really valid here since our state government isn't requiring a mask, and if they don't like private businesses requiring masks then just don't go there. The place where I get my haircut, which I WILL NOT name here because I'm not into snitching, actually discourages masks and asks their employees to NOT wear them despite the fact that employees ARE required under the governor's orders. But again I'm not about to snitch, and their clientele is at least 95% Republican. Or at the very least it would be highly unusual for a true Gretchen Whitmer type liberal to go there......Gretchen Whitmern and Gavin Newsome type liberals are exceedingly rare in my area. The liberals we do have tend to be the Maxine Waters type and they usually stick to their own parts of town.

Old 05-23-2020, 01:56 AM

13,277 posts, read 7,326,738 times
Been life long republican voted for Trump in 2016, but I no longer support Trump I would vote for a monkey over him so Biden will get my vote in November. I wear a mask while shopping in stores because it's right thing to do and should be mandatory for stores which allow large number of people into them and it's not really possible to even stay 6 feet apart.

Many don't understand that when they speak tiny droplets fly out of their mouths into the face of other people if you are standing closer then 2-3 feet humans are disgusting. If someone coughs droplets fly all over sneezing lot worse maybe even infect entire room.

To those who do not wear a mask in a crowded grocery store are ignorant to the risk they put others in. Those droplets also fly onto items in the store where people take those home to elderly can end up dead from the virus. Wearing a mask should not have anything to do with politics it's about science and safety.

Old 05-23-2020, 03:12 AM

11,802 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Been life long republican voted for Trump in 2016, but I no longer support Trump I would vote for a monkey over him so Biden will get my vote in November. I wear a mask while shopping in stores because it's right thing to do and should be mandatory for stores which allow large number of people into them and it's not really possible to even stay 6 feet apart.

Many don't understand that when they speak tiny droplets fly out of their mouths into the face of other people if you are standing closer then 2-3 feet humans are disgusting. If someone coughs droplets fly all over sneezing lot worse maybe even infect entire room.

To those who do not wear a mask in a crowded grocery store are ignorant to the risk they put others in. Those droplets also fly onto items in the store where people take those home to elderly can end up dead from the virus. Wearing a mask should not have anything to do with politics it's about science and safety.
So then why did you make it a point to put not only your political affiliation in this post but make note you would not be voting for Trump?? You are the very one that made this political.

Old 05-23-2020, 03:46 AM

1,763 posts, read 2,048,363 times
mask in store.
remove in parking lot.

you should see how crowded our stores are getting in LA.
They've given up on trying to babysit and limiting store occupancy.

right now, everything is just for show... masks, plexiglass shields at checkout, stickers on the floor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies