Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2020, 08:58 AM

962 posts, read 612,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
And you're on a political forum...why? People who don't vote have no say.
I disagree. People that don't pay taxes have no say.

I pay super-high taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2020, 09:02 AM

339 posts, read 127,615 times
Mask wearer, but no choice as they are mandatory in Maryland.

I'm a registered Democrat but leaning in the other direction more and more.

Old 05-22-2020, 09:02 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,929,454 times
I don't' wish to be responsible for someone else getting sick in the event I might be Asymptomatic, I wear a mask while in public.
I voted for Trump and will again.

Old 05-22-2020, 09:03 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times
In my area, all stores require face masks. Bay Area California had a lot of card before things got under control.

I wear it because I'm not a jackass with something to prove. If I can prevent myself from getting it out be considerate of others' risk for getting it from me, it's a small temporary adjustment to make.

Old 05-22-2020, 09:04 AM

962 posts, read 612,971 times
If masks work, why are we staying 6 feet away?

If masks work, why did we ever shut down?

Old 05-22-2020, 11:15 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,528,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Purlin View Post

Obviously there is onky one way to combat this virus. You either have to stay six feet away from someone or you have to wear a mask. You figured it out. You can't do both

Except sometimes it is impolssible to stay six feet away from other people. Also, if I wear a mask and masks don't really work, then I wore a mask for no reason. But if I don't wear a mask and infect other people, then I was wrong and also possibly had a role in folks getting sick or dying. Not a chance I am willing to take.

Last edited by Joe the Photog; 05-22-2020 at 11:24 AM..

Old 05-22-2020, 11:24 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,129,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Because not wearing a mask when around others is tantamount to an HIV person intentionally infecting the world.

That person is sending the message he doesn't give a rat's behind about whether or not YOU and yours get sick and possibly die from his germs.

Those who don't wear masks are ignorant, uninformed, irresponsible, and immature - not to mention dangerous to others.

But karma does have a way of fixing that...........
Hold on now......stop the load! You mean to tell me the doomsday props that you've been wearing aren't protecting you? If those props were actually protecting you, then you shouldn't give a rat's behind that others aren't wearing them like you. Your safe and sound tucked away behind all of your doomsday props.

Old 05-22-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Purlin View Post

Exactly. Plus, a member posted on this thread that me not wearing a mask is causing them to be in danger for getting coronavirus, yet this same member states that they wear the mask and possibly the other doomsday prop ensemble for protection. If their doomsday props that they are wearing actually work, they then shouldn't have to worry about catching coronavirus from me for not engaging in donning doomsday props.

Old 05-22-2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
As far as I know, the "ridiculous panic" (toilet paper hoarding) is over. But the pandemic is not.

Question; do you also see condoms as pointless?
Actually all the condoms I've ever used do come to a point, at the very end. So no, they are not pointless.

Old 05-22-2020, 12:18 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,365,762 times
I am registered Independant and don't get much more specific about classifying my political views apart from moderate anti-authoritarian.

I wear a mask.

Not because I am told to, but because it seems like a rational thing to do given the utter lack of certainty surrounding the virus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies