Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2020, 12:20 PM

25,577 posts, read 56,566,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
I've read plenty of stories about mask lovers who get ugly and violent towards those who are not wearing masks, but not the other way around.

We have a Safeway a few miles away from our neighborhood and nearly every day there's some type of altercation in or around that store and it always involves someone with a mask throwing groceries at someone who's not wearing a mask, and sometimes because someone's not going down the isle in the correct direction (one way/directional isles) or that they feel is too close to them. WTF.

Obviously the mask lovers are more hostile / volatile towards the no-mask group, regardless of political party affiliation.
Because not wearing a mask when around others is tantamount to an HIV person intentionally infecting the world.

That person is sending the message he doesn't give a rat's behind about whether or not YOU and yours get sick and possibly die from his germs.

Those who don't wear masks are ignorant, uninformed, irresponsible, and immature - not to mention dangerous to others.

But karma does have a way of fixing that...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2020, 12:22 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,405,069 times
Left leaning independent. Mask.

Old 05-21-2020, 12:34 PM

15,076 posts, read 10,145,154 times
Quote:
I've read plenty of stories about mask lovers who get ugly and violent towards those who are not wearing masks, but not the other way around

Obviously the mask lovers are more hostile / volatile towards the no-mask group, regardless of political party affiliation.
Plenty of news of those who do not want to wear a mask getting confrontational even violent when asked to wear a mask in the store.

Quick search is easy to do..

For example:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/04/us/mi...rnd/index.html

https://www.insider.com/man-shoots-w...-police-2020-5

There are also a few threads here on CD.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...freak-out.html

Either side reacting in such a manner is inappropriate and wrong.

btw.. Even those that abide by the recommendations to wear a mask aren't enjoying it... certainly "mask lovers" they are not. Just like everyone else, they don't like them. I've never met a medical professional who has to wear one daily admit they actually "love" wearing them. It is done out of concern for those around them.... Those that refuse to wear a mask when necessary are seen as the opposite... showing no concern for those around you.

Last edited by usayit; 05-21-2020 at 12:44 PM..

Old 05-21-2020, 12:40 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,483,083 times
Yes I wear a mask outside of my home/car. I'm sure that my political affiliation is known around here.

Old 05-21-2020, 01:31 PM

309 posts, read 104,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Because not wearing a mask when around others is tantamount to an HIV person intentionally infecting the world.

That person is sending the message he doesn't give a rat's behind about whether or not YOU and yours get sick and possibly die from his germs.

Those who don't wear masks are ignorant, uninformed, irresponsible, and immature - not to mention dangerous to others.

Sure thing karen.

Old 05-21-2020, 01:40 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,140,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post

Yeah, keep hoping and wishing.

Old 05-21-2020, 01:49 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,526,132 times
Left. Mask.

Here in Denver it is rare to see someone without a mask while shopping.

Old 05-21-2020, 01:52 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,140,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Plenty of news of those who do not want to wear a mask getting confrontational even violent when asked to wear a mask in the store.

Quick search is easy to do..

For example:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/04/us/mi...rnd/index.html

https://www.insider.com/man-shoots-w...-police-2020-5

There are also a few threads here on CD.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...freak-out.html

Either side reacting in such a manner is inappropriate and wrong.

btw.. Even those that abide by the recommendations to wear a mask aren't enjoying it... certainly "mask lovers" they are not. Just like everyone else, they don't like them. I've never met a medical professional who has to wear one daily admit they actually "love" wearing them. It is done out of concern for those around them.... Those that refuse to wear a mask when necessary are seen as the opposite... showing no concern for those around you.
I'm talking about what I'm aware of in my own neighborhood in regards to the situation. In my neighborhood, we have a Safeway store on the outskirts. At that Safeway, I'm reading stories about physical altercations occurring in and around that specific Safeway (within the San Francisco Bay Area). And in this area, it's the mask lovers that are violent and hostile. Perhaps the disconnect is that I am one who doesn't run and hide because chicken little is screaming the sky is falling.

Again, I personally don't know anyone who's had coronavirus, none of my family and friends across the entire US and around the world know anyone who's had coronavirus.

Old 05-21-2020, 01:52 PM

962 posts, read 615,679 times
I carry a gun everywhere I go. The gun + mask combo is typically frowned upon.

No mask for me.

Old 05-21-2020, 01:54 PM

20,366 posts, read 19,986,029 times
Quote:
I've read plenty of stories about mask lovers who get ugly and violent towards those who are not wearing masks, but not the other way around.

We have a Safeway a few miles away from our neighborhood and nearly every day there's some type of altercation in or around that store and it always involves someone with a mask throwing groceries at someone who's not wearing a mask, and sometimes because someone's not going down the isle in the correct direction (one way/directional isles) or that they feel is too close to them. WTF.

Mask lovers? Who the hell is that?

I hate wearing them but my personal feelings to those who frequent stores without wearing one are the same to those couples that bring the whole family out to shop.

Ignorant, selfish or both.

Also, no shortage of belligerent non-maskers getting disorderly, violent, arrested, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies