Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 12:30 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,744,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Yes liberals marriage is most fitting between opposite sexes and it always will be no matter how much you try to
Pervert the tradition of marriage. Marriage between the same sexes has never been or will never be normal no matter how much you try to pervert society to accept it. And I’m sure “God” would agree!

https://thenationalpulse.com/news/vi...nference-bias/
Your post title is in contradiction to this article. Unless you are somehow saying bigotry is a good thing?

Hey, GTBU, do you have kids? Friends? Relatives? Any of them gay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2020, 12:37 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
I love how some people pretend this isn't about what it's really about, and then want everyone else to pretend they're just as stupid.

Old 05-22-2020, 12:55 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
You are right on the home seller example but when you conduct a business call doesn't the impression the other party gets mean the same thing? You can be representing yourself and that fine but if the recipient doesn't take it the same way they may look elsewhere. Simple example might be overt or excessive faith symbols and based on the usual negative comments on these boards same gender wedding pictures.

No one dictating you do anything this is just another concept of modern business and there are those who think its relevant.
Is the example in the article your idea of offensive? The article does not present it in the way you are attempting to twist it, by saying it would be better for the business. It's telling people they are offending others by having wedding photos and thereby attempting to force correctness. That is social engineering by shame.

Old 05-22-2020, 01:07 PM

19,223 posts, read 17,105,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Is the example in the article your idea of offensive? The article does not present it in the way you are attempting to twist it, by saying it would be better for the business. It's telling people they are offending others by having wedding photos and thereby attempting to force correctness. That is social engineering by shame.
Lets stop here, I haven't changed anything, I have neither said I agree or disagree I have only said
"the only thing that makes sense is realize what people are seeing if your involved with an online meeting.".

You are welcome to twist this into whatever you want because at this point you are on your own tangent with it. Love it, hate it, protest it I really don't care....

Old 05-22-2020, 01:20 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
Quote:
You are right on the home seller example but when you conduct a business call doesn't the impression the other party gets mean the same thing? You can be representing yourself and that fine but if the recipient doesn't take it the same way they may look elsewhere. Simple example might be overt or excessive faith symbols and based on the usual negative comments on these boards same gender wedding pictures.

No one dictating you do anything this is just another concept of modern business and there are those who think its relevant.
But the study didn't address same sex wedding photo's did it? They're not saying the notion of same sex marriage might be offensive to some, which could cost someone business, so be aware of what people are seeing on zoom.

They're saying heterosexual wedding photo's is pushing a bias and potentially alienating and harming people who aren't heterosexual, which is utter bull crap.

Why twist what they're saying?

Old 05-22-2020, 01:30 PM

3,332 posts, read 1,965,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
https://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2020/t...-can-avoid-it/

It's a study being done by social scientists. Big whoop. Nobody is forcing you to take your wedding picture off the wall if you're doing a Skype meeting.

Social “scientists” LOL I guess the science is settled!

More virtue signaling from the academic wing of Beads and Sandals Inc.

Old 05-22-2020, 01:48 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,829 times
Quote:
Lets stop here, I haven't changed anything, I have neither said I agree or disagree I have only said
"the only thing that makes sense is realize what people are seeing if your involved with an online meeting.".

You are welcome to twist this into whatever you want because at this point you are on your own tangent with it. Love it, hate it, protest it I really don't care....
I am not twisting anything said by the articles, you are. It isn't presented as some innocuous "realize what people are seeing if your (you're) involved with an online meeting" like you try to twist it into. It is very specific in identifying its offended minority subjects with microaggressions - very tiny perceived aggressions.

Old 05-22-2020, 01:53 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Yeah - You're right that some Realtors do that... I've never been one.
But you understand the rationale behind the suggestion, right?

Old 05-22-2020, 01:55 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
Social “scientists” LOL I guess the science is settled!

More virtue signaling from the academic wing of Beads and Sandals Inc.
Which anyone and everyone is welcome to ignore if they like. <shrug>

Lots of triggered folks in this thread, though.

Old 05-22-2020, 02:02 PM

19,223 posts, read 17,105,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Which anyone and everyone is welcome to ignore if they like. <shrug>

Lots of triggered folks in this thread, though.
Kool-Aid for everyone......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies