Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2020, 06:43 AM

18,452 posts, read 8,282,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
The Coroner says he did not die by asphyixiation or holding down the neck;
https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/sta...62897288425472

Old 05-30-2020, 06:49 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
If this post is an example of how Trump Supporters are going to approach this, then I expect the riots to continue. If this video cannot stop the victim-blaming and scapegoating that white media loves to do then it will continue.

Just go read the Aubrey thread on this forum and imagine what black folk see when 2/3rd of the post say Aubrey deserved to be hunted down and shot like a dog.

I see no end to this anger, even after the riots end, it won't be over.
I plan on voting for Trump. Did t last time but am this time. And I'm not victim blaming. I could never be labeled a cop apologist even before this.

Be that as it may I dont see racism as the motivating factor out of hand either. Badge heavy cops that have been conditioned to see themselves as above the law yes. But Black suspect and White cop does not always mean racism.

Theres no excuse for rioting burning and looting either. Those people aren't helping anything by torching small businesses in their own neighborhoods. How is burning their neighbors out getting justice done here?

And I do believe President Trump immediately called for and put a federal investigation in motion for this. This cant be spun on Trump or people who support him.

Old 05-30-2020, 06:54 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,461,642 times
The best thing that has come out of the George Floyd situation is that it has bumped Coronavirus from the news cycle.

There has been no social distancing with these protests. I wonder if the isolation of Coronavirus has impacted this. There might be a spike in Coronavirus cases due to the Floyd protests.

There's one thing I don't understand. I was a young child when Rodney King and the 1992 LA Riots happened. Rodney King was a Los Angeles story and only protests in Los Angeles. George Floyd is in Minneapolis. Blacks in Atlanta, Los Angeles, Dallas, Houston and Minneapolis all have been rioting this time. It's probably also happening in other cities.

I'm in Dallas. The black community here has been aching to riot for a while. See Amber Guyger incident. In September 2018, an off duty white female cop killed a black man in his apartment. It went to trial in September 2019. Prior to the September 2019 trial, there were rumblings around Dallas that the black community was going to riot like Los Angeles in 1992 if Amber Guyger was found not guilty. Under the threat of riot, the Amber Guyger trial happened here. There was criticism that the Guyger trial was not a fair trial, and Amber Guyger was found guilty. I was actually relieved in a sense when Guyger was found guilty because I was afraid of commuting to work during riots.

Outside of Minneapolis, there really isn't a good reason to riot, but the riots are happening.

Old 05-30-2020, 06:55 AM

2,400 posts, read 755,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post

If this is war, treat it like war.
This is getting out of hand. What are the next steps to save businesses and lives? "The terrifying thing is that this resembles more a military operation now as you observe ringleaders moving from place to place. There are simply more of them than us." Your average citizen is not destroying 160 businesses like Target, these are trouble makers coming in from out of town. Get ahold of your cities.
It’s Antifa. They need to be labeled a terrorist organization.

Old 05-30-2020, 06:57 AM

18,452 posts, read 8,282,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoMan View Post
It’s Antifa. They need to be labeled a terrorist organization.
yep...for such a racist country...there's a whole lot of white folks

...you'd think antifa would be less obvious

on a good note....I guess all the CV bullcrap is over

Old 05-30-2020, 07:00 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Because your Life, Liberty & Property are in greater danger if you do not consent to extortion and coercion.
Threatened with violence if you do not comply with your MASTER.

Black people seem to be fed up in the big Nazi style Democrat run compounds.

Old 05-30-2020, 07:02 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post

Told you there would be a cover up

Old 05-30-2020, 07:22 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Told you there would be a cover up
What's gonna happen when a jury rightfully finds the police officers not guilty?

What will the left do when they find the Minneapolis cops not guilty?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/29/us/derek-chauvin-criminal-complaint.html

Quote:
The probable cause statement also said that preliminary results from an autopsy “revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation,” adding that Mr. Floyd had coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease. “The combined effects of Mr. Floyd being restrained by the police, his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death,” the statement said.

Old 05-30-2020, 07:22 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny3 View Post
That cop is a sociopath. He had no problem killing this man with the whole world watching.
His sorry cop friends that helped and watched him also.
They all need to be locked up.
There is likely more to this story than we know yet. There is an agenda to create racial tensions to create chaos in our country.
The men who killed this man need to be investigated, prosecuted and punished according to results.

The thousands of good cops whose calling it is to be in law enforcement, who are there to help people, keep order are not these men who did this. To persecute all cops for the deeds of a few is no better than to label all of one race as bad because of the deeds of a few.

Old 05-30-2020, 07:25 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
The men who killed this man need to be prosecuted and punished.
Well, I mean, of course that's exactly what is going to happen. The riots have nothing at all to do with justice or any cause, they are nothing more than animals using this as an excuse to go be animals.....and they should be treated as such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies