Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you take a coronavirus/COVID-19/WuFlu immunization if available?
yes 99 50.00%
no 67 33.84%
maybe 29 14.65%
other, explain below 3 1.52%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 11:45 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Funny, people have been living until their 80s-100s for centuries before vaccines.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2020, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Not typically until very late in our history. And eradication of infectious disease has had huge positive impacts on longevity in the 3rd world the last half of the 20th century.

And my husband is 84 years old and "medical intervention" turned him into a slobbering zombie. Gee, thanks, AMA.

Old 06-01-2020, 11:49 AM

Quote:
I know. I've said myself in another forum that I wouldn't want my kid to take this rushed vaccine without knowing what's in it and if it has side effects, but I'm good with the other scheduled vaccines for my kid.

I automatically got called an anti-vaxxer because I wouldn't be the first in line to get my kid with the COVID vaccine. It's like critical thinking goes out the window.

Baaaaaa-Baaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-01-2020, 12:08 PM

18,805 posts, read 8,479,367 times
Quote:
I know. I've said myself in another forum that I wouldn't want my kid to take this rushed vaccine without knowing what's in it and if it has side effects, but I'm good with the other scheduled vaccines for my kid.

I automatically got called an anti-vaxxer because I wouldn't be the first in line to get my kid with the COVID vaccine. It's like critical thinking goes out the window.
There is little reason to give it to kids as they are so low risk as it is. In fact the MMR vaccine that they already had may be protecting them.

Any new covid 19 directed vaccine will mainly go first to those with high risks.

Old 06-01-2020, 12:09 PM

18,805 posts, read 8,479,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
And my husband is 84 years old and "medical intervention" turned him into a slobbering zombie. Gee, thanks, AMA.
I'm so sorry to hear that. What sort of medical intervention?

Old 06-01-2020, 01:17 PM

37,111 posts, read 41,292,919 times
Quote:
Funny, people have been living until their 80s-100s for centuries before vaccines.
Some people, yes. Most people, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Yet an unintended consequence would cause the strain to mutate such that its strength potential multiplies many times over in an effort to defend itself and take all host organisms down with it in a valiant, exceptionally executed, and most importantly successful, effort to cure itself. All initiated with a vaccine...

It has happened before. Study the super strains that have rendered anti bacterial agents, soaps, etc. useless.
Not the way vaccines work. If humans are the only host for a virus, it can actually be eradicated, as happened with smallpox and eventually will happen with polio. There are other potentially eradicable viruses, including measles and hepatitis B.

The "super strains" have nothing to do with vaccines. That refers to antibiotics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Really, how many people does it "kill"? A recent year before there were vaccines available was 1950. No Polio vax & no Measles vax.

Stats came from https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/vsus/vsus_1950_1.pdf

In the US in 1950, the death rate from Polio was 1.3 per 100,000 & for Measles, it was 0.5 per 100,000 (page 229). No vaccines.

That is way lower than heart disease (355.5) that we don't have a vaccine for. Lower than accidents (60.6) that we don't have a vaccine for. Lower than Cirrhosis (9.2) that we don't have a vaccine for. Lower than homicide (5.3) that we don't have a vaccine for & lower than childbirth (2.0) that we don't have a vaccine for.

Compared to the death rate from just one alleged vaccine injury; SIDS, which was 35.4 deaths per 100,000 live births in 2017. https://www.cdc.gov/sids/data.htm

Not to mention you are still free to vaccinate yourself, which should, according probably to you; protect you from Polio & Measles. Who & what is really killing people here again?
Anti-vaccinationists helped to fuel the epidemic of measles in Samoa last year that resulted in 82 deaths, mostly children. That is how the anti-vaccine movement kills.

Your death rates ignore those who survived measles and polio but had permanent handicaps. With vaccines the death rate from polio in the US is zero and that from measles close to zero. Your comparison to other causes of death is irrelevant.

Vaccines do not cause SIDS. No "alleged" about it.

Old 06-01-2020, 01:19 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,650,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Some people, yes. Most people, no.

Vaccines have been around for decades, and still only some people make it to 80-100. The average death age is still only 71-72.

Old 06-01-2020, 01:41 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,636,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Some
Not the way vaccines work. If humans are the only host for a virus, it can actually be eradicated, as happened with smallpox and eventually will happen with polio. There are other potentially eradicable viruses, including measles and hepatitis B.

The "super strains" have nothing to do with vaccines. That refers to antibiotics.
They could make a synthetic variant of the strain chemically and simply reposition the molecule that neutralizes its composition that causes the defending organism to more easily and efficiently render the virus inoperative such that the biological component is such that the body under attack

Old 06-01-2020, 01:48 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,905,591 times
Quote:
Vaccines have been around for decades, and still only some people make it to 80-100. The average death age is still only 71-72.
Wrong - current life expectancy in the U. S. is 78.93 years.

Old 06-01-2020, 01:49 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,650,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Wrong - current life expectancy in the U. S. is 78.93 years.
Okay, 78.93.

That's still not 80-100.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies