Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2020, 08:01 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,561,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
I hope you never serve on a jury. It will be difficult to get 3rd-degree murder in this case. Manslaughter is more realistic. I don't have all of the facts—none of us do. But, I find it implausible that anyone intended for Floyd to die.

Moderator cut: trolling
LOL, nonsense.

You don't even need intent to kill for murder 3. That's a given.

Murder 2 requires intent to kill, which IMO is satisfied by the fact that he continued choking the man for over 2 minutes after he went limp....you simply don't do that unless you intend to kill them.

Murder 1 requires intent AND premeditation. There's an argument to be made that premeditation can occur nearly instantly, but I've always hated that idea.

To me it's a slam dunk murder 2 charge, you simply cannot argue that he didn't intend to kill the guy if you have ever choked someone out before. Holding a choke for 2 minutes is excessive, holding it for 2 minutes BEYOND the time the person goes limp? Unthinkable.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-02-2020 at 11:45 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 06-02-2020, 08:10 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,557,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
LOL, nonsense.

You don't even need intent to kill for murder 3. That's a given.

Murder 2 requires intent to kill, which IMO is satisfied by the fact that he continued choking the man for over 2 minutes after he went limp....you simply don't do that unless you intend to kill them.

Murder 1 requires intent AND premeditation. There's an argument to be made that premeditation can occur nearly instantly, but I've always hated that idea.

To me it's a slam dunk murder 2 charge, you simply cannot argue that he didn't intend to kill the guy if you have ever choked someone out before. Holding a choke for 2 minutes is excessive, holding it for 2 minutes BEYOND the time the person goes limp? Unthinkable.
The official autopsy casts doubt on asphyxiation, and a Fox News crackpot did the independent autopsy. You can't make this up!

Old 06-02-2020, 08:18 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,561,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
The official autopsy casts doubt on asphyxiation, and a Fox News crackpot did the independent autopsy. You can't make this up!
No it doesn't. It was officially ruled a homicide and watching the video it's obvious what happened, he died of asphyxiation due to a blood choke that was put on him for over 8 minutes and maintained long after he lost consciousness.

Old 06-02-2020, 09:03 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
$20 selfies or three for $50 with the all access indulgence pass...

Benjamin Crump Announces Three Funerals and a Viewing For George Floyd – Three States in Five Days…

Benjamin Crump did not specify if the body of George Floyd will be carried across the nation to accompany multiple funerals; however, in a Facebook interview today the attorney for the Floyd family announced he and the team have organized three funerals and a viewing over five days in three states.
    • There will be a nationally televised public memorial service in Minneapolis, MN, on Thursday June 4th from 1pm to 3pm.
    • There will be an additional nationally televised public memorial service in North Carolina, Saturday June 6th from 11am to 3pm
    • There will be a nationally televised viewing and memorial service in Houston, TX, Monday June 8th 12pm to 6pm
  • There will be a nationally televised public funeral in Houston, TX, Tuesday June 9th, 11am EDT.

It would appear the North Carolina funeral and memorial service relates to the 2020 election and the DNC need to politicize opposition against the RNC convention. Additionally, Benjamin Crump stated presidential candidate Joe Biden will attend the funeral services in Houston Texas on June 9th.

Old 06-02-2020, 09:07 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,526,335 times
Quote:
No it doesn't. It was officially ruled a homicide and watching the video it's obvious what happened, he died of asphyxiation due to a blood choke that was put on him for over 8 minutes and maintained long after he lost consciousness.
It does indeed cast doubt on asphyxiation, it doesn't even mention it. Doesn't matter of course as it does conclude homicide by "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression."

Old 06-03-2020, 12:29 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,720,591 times
Quote:
LOL, nonsense.

Minneapolis police officers have a record of administering neck restraints at least 237 times since the beginning of 2015. This includes 44 people who were rendered unconscious.

It also seems unlikely that someone would intentionally commit murder with witnesses a few feet away.

Having said that these neck restraints should probably be banned entirely.

Old 06-03-2020, 04:26 AM

11,804 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Quote:
No offense bobby - but where did you get your medical degree? I have yet to make a call on murder or not because I want to see the autopsy report. We have no idea what sort of pressure the police officer exerted and I want to see what the pathologist actually says.

Sometimes - everything is not as it seems.

Old 06-03-2020, 04:31 AM

11,804 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
Minneapolis police officers have a record of administering neck restraints at least 237 times since the beginning of 2015. This includes 44 people who were rendered unconscious.

It also seems unlikely that someone would intentionally commit murder with witnesses a few feet away.

The restraints are banned in I think 40 states but are still taught at the academy and in the procedure books so those officers were following procedure. Some of Minneapolis politicians have been campaigning on a police brutality platform since 2012 and yet there was only one small provision changed that really didn't make much of a difference. The politicians dropped the ball but no one is calling them on it. The neck restraint procedure could have been taken off the books and not used for years had the politicians done their job and fulfilled their campaign promises.

Old 06-03-2020, 05:12 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post

No doubt Minneapolis will join the majority of police departments and ban neck restraint. I just saw that San Diego banned them yesterday. The fact remains that Chauvin's defense will argue he used an acceptable procedure. They'll also point out that Floyd was saying 'I can't breathe' before he went to the ground.

Old 06-03-2020, 05:21 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times
It's murder and the criminal cop is going to jail for the rest of his life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies