Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2020, 10:28 AM

2,774 posts, read 902,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRacer View Post
Do a quick search on YouTube for "Mob Thefts". Watch a few of those. You'll notice something nearly all of them have in common.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2020, 10:29 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp501 View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/10/b...-products.html

Do people really think this has anything to do with race? Big retail stores lock up items that have a tendency to walk off the shelf.

Instead of being mad at the company and calling it racist, how about being mad at the people who steal the product often enough that the store had to make changes in how they offer it???
and according to our paper this morning they are unlocking them. This whole: let's pc is going way to far Heck 3 sponsors pulled their ads from Tucker but not FOX, just Tucker. It is beginning to look like a commentator can no longer express their views.

Old 06-12-2020, 10:33 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,414,967 times
They will lock up items that are frequently stolen. Near me a Target locks up certain men's electric razors. Certian video games are also locked up.

Old 06-12-2020, 10:33 AM

989 posts, read 1,877,530 times
Walmart in my area locks up all men's shaving razor blades. It hasn't anything to do with race. These products are regularly stolen, because they're expensive.

Old 06-12-2020, 10:34 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Put yourself in the shoes of a WalMart executive whose compensation is based on how well your store/region/corporation performs. Would it make sense to you to institute a policy that is not supported by data, and instead is just your way of being mean to a rather sizable portion of the consumer base because you just don't like them? Having a lower bonus, lower dividend, fewer promotions, lower stock price when you exercise your options, etc...all of that is worth sticking it to the black people because why not?

Does that behavior make even the tiniest bit of sense to you?

So...basically....what we have here is entities just looking out for their best interest and in doing so, by total coincidence, blacks end up being hurt more than others.

Gotta love America. Even when its not trying to be racist.....its racist in effect, but we should feel better because they are not trying to keep blacks in burden.

Old 06-12-2020, 10:36 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
So...basically....what we have here is entities just looking out for their best interest and in doing so, by total coincidence, blacks end up being hurt more than others.

Gotta love America. Even when its not trying to be racist.....its racist in effect, but we should feel better because they are not trying to keep blacks in burden.
I can see that you are avoiding answering this very basic question, but I’ll ask one more time:

How are black customers inconvenienced ANY more than white, brown, or yellow customers by stores keeping their top stolen items locked up?

If you can’t answer that question, you should probably stop spreading fallacies.

Old 06-12-2020, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
I’ve never quite understood the practice, it’s not as if they make you purchase the item immediately.

People can still shop lift the items, irregardless if they pull it off the shelf or a store employee does.
It makes it harder though to steal, and harder to not get caught doing it. Fact is, when locked up, theft rates go way down, and not only by customers, by employees as well, a lot of these items are also controlled in the stockroom.

Old 06-12-2020, 10:37 AM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Yep. Now, explain to me why they are not calling out the black thieves that are stealing these products in the first place? You know, the a-holes causing them all this grief and anguish.
And what about all the white thieves that steal billions?

Old 06-12-2020, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
And what about all the white thieves that steal billions?
Who are the white thieves that have stolen billions, and where do you find the lack of criticism in it, and does that make criticisms of other thefts unacceptable?

Old 06-12-2020, 10:42 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Who are they? You think I know them?
Do you think I know the moronic methheads that force me to go to the counter to buy Sudafed? I don't have to know the particular individuals that committed these acts to consider them s**theads that end up impacting my life, by forcing stores to lock up products I might happen to use. Our WM doesn't let those under 18 buy something as simple as a can of spray paint. It's idiotic that a "attendant" has to come over and code the register for me to buy it. Do I blame WM? No, I blame the morons that make it necessary.

That's because I'm an adult. I'd suggest trying it sometime. But I know-adulting is hard. Try holding the people responsible accountable instead of blaming statistics as racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies