Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2020, 02:46 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Your reading comprehension fails you. It was the OP that compared Floyd to a president. Try again.

The doors absolutely should not have been locked. That's a fire hazard on a good day.

Maybe someone missed their bus or train, but another will be along in 10 minutes (that's the beauty of MTA, isn't it?).

So I don't disagree with it being a bad decision, Rachel, but in the long run - or even the short run - who did it hurt?
You're assuming that the OP was in NYC. Macy's is all over the country. It's in many places where public transportation doesn't run frequently (it could have been a half hour or hour wait for the next bus) or it doesn't run at all.

Old 06-13-2020, 02:47 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
That's what Q has been saying for a while now. I didn't know you were a supporter of the global Q Anon movement. Welcome to the Great Awakening!
I don’t know about any Q movement, I can just see this generational thinking is one foot away to being fed creamy broth and having their diapers changed. In 20 yrs life will not be this. I listen to the young folks and they are very different.

Old 06-13-2020, 02:50 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,636,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Not me dear. The young people around the world. Not going to stop progress - it’s their time. You are free to bunker up and line up your weapons n throw on your tactical gear - they aren’t coming to your house. Government has to change and it will.
Where I live the young people are just as annoyed with all of this as the older people. They make fun of it because of how weird it has turned.

Old 06-13-2020, 03:08 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,281,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
When I got to the store, the doors were closed and thus I couldn’t enter. On the “inside” side of the door were about a dozen customers, just standing there (and apparently wanting to get out). But NO..... no one could get in, and nobody in could get out. I motioned to young woman trapped inside, asking what’s going on, and she directed my attention to a sign in the door that said:

”We are in the middle of a nine-minute silence to honor the life of George Floyd, and the lives of all black people. The doors will open upon completion.”

We don’t have this level of homage for a United States President! Stop elevating this guy as if he were a saint. It’s ridiculous.

P.S. What about the lives of white people? Eh.
Boycott Macy's until they have 77 minutes of silence to honor David Dorn, the black man gunned down by communist rioters. 77 minutes, 1 for each year of his life that was snuffed out.

Screw 'em.

Old 06-13-2020, 03:22 PM

3,854 posts, read 2,230,113 times
Macy's is open?

Old 06-13-2020, 03:24 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Macy's is open?
Barely. They are circling the drain.

Old 06-13-2020, 03:26 PM

19,652 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Where I live the young people are just as annoyed with all of this as the older people. They make fun of it because of how weird it has turned.
The worst ones around me are middle aged and older far left women. It's like they have been dying for something else to be angry about since the pussyhat march and jumped right on this.

They met in the park for a tribute to Big Floyd, and they lay down on their bellies with their faces on the filthy ground where people walk and spit and dogs do their business, not to mention its full of lyme carrying ticks which we have here in abundance. A couple of the ole girls could not get back up by themselves, and needed some assistance.

Then they go on the town Facebook page and chastise all those who weren't there participating in that virtue signaling clown show.

Old 06-13-2020, 03:30 PM

18,403 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
This is the problem. If you say you think they've gone over the top with this, then you'll be accused of not being outraged.

ENOUGH!! Young children are killed on the streets every damn day and nobody blinks an eye. Nobody is outraged.

What hypocrisy.
The outrage is because it has never stopped. The injustice has continued forever. Year after year outrageous criminal police action kill black people. They don’t get charged or rarely convicted. It goes back generations and generations. Blacks are targeted by some cops and others who would like to do them harm. Pretty sad you have to parent and warn young black kids differently how to behave in public than their white counterparts. Seems if you’re black you can’t bird watch, go jogging, play in the park, hang out at the mall. Other crimes against humanity? Yes they are bad as well. Being concerned with one doesn’t mean you don’t care about the other.

Old 06-13-2020, 03:36 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Macy's is open?
Some are. Our local Macy's near my home opens next week.

Old 06-13-2020, 03:46 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
When I got to the store, the doors were closed and thus I couldn’t enter. On the “inside” side of the door were about a dozen customers, just standing there (and apparently wanting to get out). But NO..... no one could get in, and nobody in could get out. I motioned to young woman trapped inside, asking what’s going on, and she directed my attention to a sign in the door that said:

”We are in the middle of a nine-minute silence to honor the life of George Floyd, and the lives of all black people. The doors will open upon completion.”

We don’t have this level of homage for a United States President! Stop elevating this guy as if he were a saint. It’s ridiculous.

P.S. What about the lives of white people? Eh.
What is wrong with people? If you want to leave, leave. If they try to stop you, lay them out and call the police on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies