Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2020, 02:13 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I saw nothing - but won’t say it couldn’t have happened. In either case a nothing burger- Macy’s will check with attorneys and Corp office before doing anything- in their right ! People need to stop trying to control the change that is coming - and it is !

Keep feeding that crocodile!

Old 06-13-2020, 02:13 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
I saw nothing - but won’t say it couldn’t have happened. In either case a nothing burger- Macy’s will check with attorneys and Corp office before doing anything- in their right ! People need to stop trying to control the change that is coming - and it is !
What "change"? That almost sounds like a veiled threat.

Old 06-13-2020, 02:15 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
This thread is the most snowflakey complaint that ever flaked. "Oh, no, a person died...and that DELAYED MY SHOPPING PLANS BY 9 MINUTES!"
Where has anyone posted that?

Once again, loons exaggerate and lie about what is being stated.

Kindly post the link where the OP complained that this delayed her shopping plans by 9 minutes - and since you used quotation marks the wording will be exactly what you typed.

Old 06-13-2020, 02:16 PM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
What change? Cowering to violent groups like BLM and ANTIFA like you Leftists do? No freaking way. Bring it on.

Old 06-13-2020, 02:17 PM

1,132 posts, read 1,247,533 times
The Revolution is now 50% off at Macy's ....

I remember an old 60s radical telling me he knew it was all over when he started to see Coke ads on TV with hippies and mass-produced plastic peace signs on sale in every mall.

As a Chinese philosopher said, the best way to defeat your enemy is to make him your friend.

Don't underestimate the ability of capitalism to absorb its opponents.

Macy's management may feel they are being sincere with this gesture, but in the end they are still Macy's and their business is selling clothing made in sweatshops at a high mark-up.

They know their customers well, leftish politics are what many middle class white women are buying these days, so they include it as "value added" in hopes of increasing sales.

Old 06-13-2020, 02:19 PM

10,099 posts, read 6,441,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
This thread is the most snowflakey complaint that ever flaked. "Oh, no, a person died...and that DELAYED MY SHOPPING PLANS BY 9 MINUTES!"
But "dozens of black people are murdered every weekend and they don't have moments - MINUTES - of silence." So you see, THIS one black person didn't rate those 9 minutes, according to the OP.

10,035 posts, read 9,512,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
When I got to the store, the doors were closed and thus I couldn’t enter. On the “inside” side of the door were about a dozen customers, just standing there (and apparently wanting to get out). But NO..... no one could get in, and nobody in could get out. I motioned to young woman trapped inside, asking what’s going on, and she directed my attention to a sign in the door that said:

”We are in the middle of a nine-minute silence to honor the life of George Floyd, and the lives of all black people. The doors will open upon completion.”

We don’t have this level of homage for a United States President! Stop elevating this guy as if he were a saint. It’s ridiculous.

P.S. What about the lives of white people? Eh.
I would of demanded they open the door or just walk out one of the emergency exits. It’s one thing if they want to not open on time and hold their own little moment of silence, but don’t think of locking me inside. What kind of crap is that. Of course that’s if exactly what happened.

35,710 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
What change? Cowering to violent groups like BLM and ANTIFA like you Leftists do? No freaking way. Bring it on.
Not me dear. The young people around the world. Not going to stop progress - it’s their time. You are free to bunker up and line up your weapons n throw on your tactical gear - they aren’t coming to your house. Government has to change and it will.

Old 06-13-2020, 02:20 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,038,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
When I got to the store, the doors were closed and thus I couldn’t enter. On the “inside” side of the door were about a dozen customers, just standing there (and apparently wanting to get out). But NO..... no one could get in, and nobody in could get out. I motioned to young woman trapped inside, asking what’s going on, and she directed my attention to a sign in the door that said:

”We are in the middle of a nine-minute silence to honor the life of George Floyd, and the lives of all black people. The doors will open upon completion.”

We don’t have this level of homage for a United States President! Stop elevating this guy as if he were a saint. It’s ridiculous.

P.S. What about the lives of white people? Eh.
I agree. He is not a saint and I wouldn't pay 9 minute homage. Just a gimmick to attract customers.

Old 06-13-2020, 02:21 PM

35,710 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
I would of demanded they open the door or just walk out one of the emergency exits. It’s one thing if they want to not open on time and hold their own little moment of silence, but don’t think of locking me inside. What kind of crap is that. Of course that’s if exactly what happened.
Doubt it - they aren’t crazy —-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies