Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2020, 02:02 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,568,534 times

Advertisements

Why would Macy's honor someone whose death inspired looters to loot their store?

I'm not going to read through this entire thread so can someone post a link verifying this story? I couldn't find anything.

Old 06-13-2020, 02:03 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,499,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Which store was this, I'm just curious?
Don't want to give my location, sorry. But why would it make a difference. MACYs was wrong to do it, no matter which MACYs it was.

Old 06-13-2020, 02:05 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,544,030 times
Quote:
Which store was this, I'm just curious?

With all the derision that's been thrown at this poster, I would never divulge my location if I were her.

Old 06-13-2020, 02:06 PM

10,091 posts, read 6,424,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Why would Macy's honor someone whose death inspired looters to loot their store?

I'm not going to read through this entire thread so can someone post a link verifying this story? I couldn't find anything.
It's interesting, because the two Macy's closest to N. VA are still closed. I haven't seen anything posted about the Fredericksburg store posted in the news, and the last open store is in Virginia Beach, which is a pretty good drive, although it might be so. I'll have to check the news there as well.

Old 06-13-2020, 02:06 PM

16,559 posts, read 8,592,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I would think that would be a violation of the fire code, to lock people in a store.
Good point!

All the social justice warriors and the corporate idiots that want to appease them, should be sued and brought up on charges for doing such a thing.

Not that I personally believe in suing over rubbish, but that is an effective tool of the left.
They use such tactics to get business owners, insurance companies, and corporate cucks to capitulate to their ideological will, all to avoid lawsuits.

Thus you must fight fire with fire, and maybe some of them will get the message.

`

Old 06-13-2020, 02:07 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,499,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post

Look at the post at 3:14 p.m.

And you have my word that it happened. That should be good enough. I only wish I took a photo of the sign, but really.....in this age of rage against people who disagree with paying homage to Floyd, would that have been wise? If nothing else, the riots of the last two weeks tells me it could have resulted in an altercation.

Old 06-13-2020, 02:08 PM

35,688 posts, read 21,042,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Don't want to give my location, sorry. But why would it make a difference. MACYs was wrong to do it, no matter which MACYs it was.
Write them a letter - they did what they felt was right. You need not return to the store. Your right not to- but each has a right to do what they deem right. So can’t force your will.

Old 06-13-2020, 02:08 PM

34,228 posts, read 18,569,634 times
Many if not most companies seem to be going out of their way to promote and support career criminal Floyd and the terrorist Black Lives Matter (BLM), whom use violence and intimidation in order to get media attention and EXTORT money. If at all possible, I will stop doing business with these companies. I think a lot of other people will do the same thing. This WOKE crap may backfire on them. I hope it does.

Old 06-13-2020, 02:09 PM

10,091 posts, read 6,424,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I'm not asking YOUR location; I'm asking the location of the store. That should be simple and is in no way related to you. You could have driven there from a distance - I don't care. Besides, you've posted frequently about your general N VA location before. It's not a big secret.

Old 06-13-2020, 02:11 PM

35,688 posts, read 21,042,380 times
Quote:
It's interesting, because the two Macy's closest to N. VA are still closed. I haven't seen anything posted about the Fredericksburg store posted in the news, and the last open store is in Virginia Beach, which is a pretty good drive, although it might be so. I'll have to check the news there as well.
I saw nothing - but won’t say it couldn’t have happened. In either case a nothing burger- Macy’s will check with attorneys and Corp office before doing anything- in their right ! People need to stop trying to control the change that is coming - and it is !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies