Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 11:23 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,244,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
How is Minneapolis a failure?
IT's not...it's one of the best and cleanest cities in the midwest...has a highly educated workforce...unfortunately, that doesn't translate to their police dept as we've seen.

Old 06-24-2020, 11:25 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasterplease909 View Post
Peace and quiet
Low crime because citizens would be well armed and willing to defend themselves
Community
People love their country instead of apologizing for it and being ashamed of it
Wide open spaces and clean air
Fresh and healthy food instead of city takeout and Trader Joe's
Falling asleep to the sound of crickets instead of police or ambulance sirens.
Plus you're unlikely to be prosecuted for self defense if the Democrat area even allows you to have a gun.

Old 06-24-2020, 11:25 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasterplease909 View Post
Peace and quiet
Low crime because citizens would be well armed and willing to defend themselves
Community
People love their country instead of apologizing for it and being ashamed of it
Wide open spaces and clean air
Fresh and healthy food instead of city takeout and Trader Joe's
Falling asleep to the sound of crickets instead of police or ambulance sirens.
You support Trump who s a draft dodger so I do not buy your patriotism.
Trump has rolled backed all clean air acts so you are obviously fine with pollution. I guess as long as it is not in your back yard. Which again makes you unpatriotic.
Could go on but whyL

Old 06-24-2020, 11:27 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,244,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaneGround View Post
I think even democrats can agree San Francisco's decline absolutely sucks.
Then why is it still so expensive to buy a house there...if a place is a crap hole and nobody wants to go the there, wouldn't real estate values be in the tank? Yet SF continues to be quite expensive...simply because people want to be there.

Old 06-24-2020, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
IT's not...it's one of the best and cleanest cities in the midwest...has a highly educated workforce...unfortunately, that doesn't translate to their police dept as we've seen.
But their Democrat mayor controls the police and the police chief is a minority. 2 of the 4 bad cops were minorities.

Old 06-24-2020, 11:29 PM

6,346 posts, read 2,900,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Detroit is a "failure" because it was a one industry (CARS) that Corporate America moved Auto jobs overseas.
Pittsburgh managed to turn around from a one industry city. They did it will solid dems who had a conservative streak according to this:
Quote:
Pittsburgh has been a Democratic city as long as anyone can remember, but it was a union town full of Democrats with a conservative streak, especially on social issues.
https://www.governing.com/topics/pol...ll-peduto.html

It's this new breed of democrat that practices identity politics that is tearing the country down.

Old 06-24-2020, 11:31 PM

174 posts, read 61,228 times
Quote:
If these cities are all "failures" why are so many still growing?
Atlanta, Austin, Seattle, SF, LA, NYC, Chicago, Columbus, Minneapolis...none of these cities are losing population.
Because there is no shortage of stupid people in the world? These are the same sort of people who think social workers can replace a functioning police force.

Also, I believe places like SF and NYC are losing people. I am SURE that Minneapolis will if they have not already. Same with CHAZ-Land, formally known as Seattle.

Old 06-24-2020, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
You support Trump who s a draft dodger so I do not buy your patriotism.
Trump has rolled backed all clean air acts so you are obviously fine with pollution. I guess as long as it is not in your back yard. Which again makes you unpatriotic.
Could go on but whyL
Look through my posting history, genius! I absolutely DO NOT support Trump, nor am I republican.
I am voting for Biden, I would vote for Bernie Sanders over Trump. It goes beyond politics, I don't think he is fit for the job and is just a narcissist on an ego trip and has no business being in the office.

Old 06-24-2020, 11:41 PM

Quote:
I live in Cleveland...never seen urine, feces or needles on most city streets...high crime is only in certain neighborhoods...no 'Autonomous Zones" here...Republican state government cut the funding for our mass transit, not the liberal city and county government...trash isn't everywhere...no defaced monuments because we don't have any monuments to confederate traitors...and after the first day of unrest, every protest in this area has been peaceful.

Me thinks you've never lived or even been to a big city if this is what you believe you'd find.
So because Cleveland doesn't have these things, no other big city does?

San Francisco doesn't have human feces in the street and an out of control homeless problem?
Seattle doesn't have CHAZ? Portland tried it but it didn't last long.
Who the statues are representing is not the point! If you don't like them you petition to remove them, you don't gather a mob with ropes and spraypaint and decide for everyone else if we should have them or not. That's what people do in civilized society? You're proud of that?

Old 06-24-2020, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaneGround View Post
It doesn't make much sense to be honest.
The city has jobs, so people live there, but Democrats won't allow housing construction so prices rise. Democrat policies ruin the quality of life. So you are forced to pay much of your income for housing and have low quality of life just to have a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies