Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2020, 11:11 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
I suggest they change their name to "Lady Irrelevant" or "The Woke Folks".
That isn't up to you though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2020, 11:31 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,845,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Their leftist antics relegated them to Nashville’s trash heap back during the Bush years. They are still leftist trash and their music was at best mediocre.
"Leftist trash"? Where do you come up with this stuff?

I've seen you in the Canadian subforum a number of times praising Canada socially, culturally, and economically, and I don't get the impression that you'd consider anything that comes out of Canada as "leftist trash."

Your choice of language here is over the top.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 06-28-2020 at 11:42 AM..

Old 06-28-2020, 12:01 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,066,951 times
Their act died when they went after Dubya over Iraq, 2003. How tone - no pun intended - can three people be to not realize their fan base was solidly behind Bush II?

Irrelevant for almost 20 years. Embarrassed I took the time for has-beens to semi-rant.

Old 06-28-2020, 12:11 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,220,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Really? Heck I'm practically their manager

Old 06-28-2020, 12:23 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Really? Heck I'm practically their manager
Your sarcastic remark isn't funny.

Old 06-28-2020, 08:52 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,810,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
"Leftist trash"? Where do you come up with this stuff?

I've seen you in the Canadian subforum a number of times praising Canada socially, culturally, and economically, and I don't get the impression that you'd consider anything that comes out of Canada as "leftist trash."

Your choice of language here is over the top.
Maybe it is over the top, but then again I really don’t like leftism. It is a radical ideology, the ideology of China, The Soviet Union, Venezuela and Cuba. It is a failed ideology. Actually it really is the political correctness I hate the most. The Dixie Chics dropping Dixie from their name is pure PC idiocy. There is not a thing wrong with the word “Dixie”. It is pathetic. You should also know that my harsher responses usually include the word “leftist”. I do make a distinction between leftists and liberals. I consider liberals to be typical democrats of the more traditional variety. While I disagree with these folks I am not talking about them in that same negative light. Leftists on the other hand are radical revolutionaries of the type causing violence in our streets, taking over parts of cities, destroying property and terrorizing people. I use much harsher language to describe these people. I consider them dangerous and a threat to the country.

Your right that I have posted in Canada’s forum. I spent a fair amount of time in Ontario years ago and I do like Canada. It is a clean nice place. I realize the political system is more liberal there. No that does not bother me. Canada is a separate country because of history and a political split in British North America 244 years ago. Canada is the loyalist version of the North American colonies. They have a different political heritage than we do for that reason and I have no reason to hold a grudge against them just because I am a conservative American. I say that even though I do not want their more liberal system copied here. They also are far more civil when it comes to political discourse then we are. That is something we are not capable of. That might explain why we have had one civil war already and appear to be headed for a second.

Old 06-29-2020, 03:37 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
It turned out She was right.

So why did she apologize?

Oh, that's right.......it was just AN OPINION......

https://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Mus...hicks.apology/

Old 06-29-2020, 03:42 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
I suggest they change their name to "Lady Irrelevant" or "The Woke Folks".
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

Hence the bolded............

(Always amazed at how some people feel the need to point out the obvious)

Old 06-29-2020, 05:43 AM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Agreed. Should we hold the modern day German population responsible for something that ended a mere 75 years ago IF we're going to hold the South responsible for what happened more than 155 years ago?

I'm thinking that most people would answer the first part of that question with a resounding "no."
"Agreed. Should we hold the modern day German population responsible for something that ended a mere 75 years ago IF we're going to hold the South responsible for what happened more than 155 years ago?"

We fought England to get our freedom and today one of our most trusted allies. I guess we must now denounce all ties to them.

Japan attacked US, another most trusted ally, so another country we must denounce.
When does it end?

Old 07-15-2020, 09:03 PM

269 posts, read 181,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful for Life View Post
I am shocked how some people still hold it against them what Natalie said almost 20 years ago. Admittedly, I don't think that it was wise considering how many of her fans were country music fans. Linda Ronstadt was saying similar things, but appeared unscathed because her fans were different. True story- my 8th grade History teacher (a die-hard Repub and proud Mex-American like myself) walked out of a LR concert in Las Vegas when Linda started bad-mouthing George W in her concert.
To be fair, it wasn’t just the Bush comment on a foreign land during war time, it were accumulation of follow up remarks and behaviors that country fans didn’t appreciate. Why diss on other artists songs (Toby Keith)? And dissing fans of Reba on Larry King as uncool white trailer trash? Or that childish acceptance speech at the Grammys.

Obviously they don’t care of country music fans, and we likewise don’t care for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies