Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2020, 07:51 AM

2,871 posts, read 1,150,567 times

Advertisements

Happy Independence Day, everyone.
We watched President Trump's address last evening. Well done. The message was one of uniting behind our country, a timely message in these days of unrest. Of course, people hear what they want to hear. This president stands behind this country and its citizens. If that was not heard in his speech by some, I would opine that they may have a condition known as selective hearing.
God Bless Donald J. Trump, and God Bless America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2020, 07:51 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
What a shameful event. On the nation's birthday weekend, the POTUS sows divisions and says the threat to the nation is Americans that disagree with him. Little mention of the greatest threat facing the nation today - the coronavirus. The president and all those in attendance ignoring the administrations own guidelines for the virus. So many ignorant and oblivious people all in one spot at a time which dictates otherwise.
Not at all. What he said was very unifying and inspiring. We should not listen to the Fascist, Divisive leftists like 95% of the Media who support Marxist Terrorist groups like BLM and ANTIFA. They hate America, evidently so do YOU.

Old 07-04-2020, 07:52 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
You’re kidding? We’ve never had such a puppet for the dictators of the world as Trump. Next your going to call him a Patriot and a good Christian? He is a liar and Traitor. I’m amazed he has the support he has already. Just shows how easily it would be with the right rhetoric, for a dictator to take over this country. Trump hates the free press and the constitution. What’s left? This divider in Chief is an embarrassment to the country. Don’t believe it? Drink a gallon of bleach like the Fuhrer wants you to do to kill this virus. He’s sick.
Go back to bed.

Old 07-04-2020, 07:54 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,547,998 times
Wishing everyone a happy, blessed and peaceful Independence Day! I celebrated by retiring my faded American flag and replacing it with a bright new one.

Old 07-04-2020, 07:58 AM

322 posts, read 244,711 times
A rock solid performance. Highlighting America & for which it stands. Only the America Hating Left could find fault with his speech.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:01 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
He's leading us, the citizens of this nation who are fed up with the spoiled. Trust me.
Whining and blame shifting it not leading. Its the attitude of a poster.

Quote:
You started it. We're going to finish it.
I started something.......

The mind of a Trump apologist is a mysterious place......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Not at all. What he said was very unifying and inspiring.
It united you with people you were not already united with? Who? Did it attempt to unite left and right? No it attempted to divide them further.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-04-2020 at 08:11 AM..

Old 07-04-2020, 08:05 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,100,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Whining and blame shifting it not leading. Its the attitude of a poster.

I started something.......

The mind of a Trump apologist is a mysterious place......

Old 07-04-2020, 08:10 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
This is a big part of why Trump is losing right now. He’s completely lost touch with the country because Fox has completely lost touch with the country. Imagine if you’re worried about getting Covid or paying your bills and this is what you see on TV. The number one issue in America right now is Covid and he's completely ignoring it. It’s an alternate universe where the biggest problems facing the country right now are liberals closing beaches and disrespecting history.
This.

Was there any mention of the virus and those who have succumbed?
Oh, I forgot, there wouldn’t have been because he hates “losers.”
I read that some of his supporters shouted “go back to where you came from” at the American Indian protesters.
Because of course they would.

What really gets me is the number of people who participated in forwarding the birther and Jade Helm and other ridiculous narratives and who cheered when Merrick Garland wasn’t even given a vote now whining about others being “mean” to their president.

After eight years of relentless attacks, the worst motivated solely by Obama’s skin color, followed by the election of the very person who caused much of that damage and who, as president has had absolutely no interest in mending the damage he caused during that time, his supporters are somehow surprised that people continue to be angry?

I would love just once to see some actual argument as to why people should just forget the sort of person Trump proved himself to be during Obama’s presidency.
That same person continues to attack American citizens with different political leanings than his, during Independence Day weekend no less, and shows not the least bit of empathy for the 100,000+ who have died under his watch.

To the people who ask “can’t people just let it go for one day” search your hearts and ask yourselves, did you let anything go before Trump? Will you let anything go should Biden be elected?

And no, not different at all.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:13 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Not at all. What he said was very unifying and inspiring. We should not listen to the Fascist, Divisive leftists like 95% of the Media who support Marxist Terrorist groups like BLM and ANTIFA. They hate America, evidently so do YOU.
Only to the base. Nothing wrong with that. It was a great campaign event funded by my tax dollars under the premise of being for all.

This administration had a chance to be inclusive....perhaps contact indigenous communities about how the culture could have been incorporated. Only a myopic American can travel to South Dakota and refuse to recognize and embrace indigenous culture. It's the backbone of that state.

Refusing to acknowledge is white wsahing our history once again.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:14 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,475,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah....!
A great response. Did my 18 month old grandson help you with that one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies