Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2020, 08:30 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,807,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
President Trump doesn't read, isn't a thoughtful inciteful person.

To him history is the statues. He has no clue as to the origins of many of the statues and why that person might be glorified. To him if you don't see a statue of George Washington -- how can you know who he was.

That's why -- when he traveled to South Dakota and there are no statues to any of the American Indians -- he doesn't recognize their culture as being a part of South Dakota's history.

It's sad. We are dumbing down America if we think we need to have statues to educate people about the history.
Yep. These Confederate statues he's so in love with were mostly built as a response to the civil rights movement. They weren't built during the Civil War. And even if they were, those people were traitors to our country. Not people to be celebrated or revered.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/so...ate-monuments/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2020, 08:32 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Excerpt: Mt. Rushmore

Response:
Probably one of the greatest speeches ever given by a president in one of the most difficult times in our country
purposefully squelched by the media. I came across it accidentally as live on location protesters were blocking the
road in an attempt to block ticket holders. They placed trucks with tires across the roadway. The trucks were removed
...the local police and the national guard moved in and dispersed the crowd quickly without any major incident.
That is how I learned of the President Donald Trump Mt.Rushmore event. An oooops by the leftist media that
President Donald Trump was to speak and did he speak. A must see video that accurately depicts what is going on
in the United States and what the President has in store for the outcome....I was so moved by the people
of South Dakota. Being a Life long Conservative in New York I am constantly bombarded by such left wing sentiment
which upsets me. This is not the America I grew up in. Listening to the representatives of South Dakota and the
people gave me hope. Made me feel like the America I once new is not lost of forgotten. It is just not in New York.
Time to check out of this nasty city as soon as I can. God Bless America and God Bless President Donald Trump
and the people of South Dakota.

Do not be surprised if the video is blocked from viewing.......................
Seriously?
You didn’t know about it beforehand?
You need better news sources.
It was all over my LOCAL news all week.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:35 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,547,998 times
Quote:

To him history is the statues. He has no clue as to the origins of many of the statues and why that person might be glorified. To him if you don't see a statue of George Washington -- how can you know who he was.

That's why -- when he traveled to South Dakota and there are no statues to any of the American Indians -- he doesn't recognize their culture as being a part of South Dakota's history.

It's sad. We are dumbing down America if we think we need to have statues to educate people about the history.

Did you mean "insightful", as in having insight?

I don't think the orange man is the only one who doesn't read.

And I beg to differ. There is one hell of a big statue of an American Indian not really too far from Mt. Rushmore. https://crazyhorsememorial.org/

Old 07-04-2020, 08:42 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times
Did y'all really think you could burn our cities, destroy it's monuments, beat up citizens, and call us names and get away with it?

Think again.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:42 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,330,074 times
Donald Trump has finally found something to run on in 2020, "divisive culture war message." I'm sorry, but time has past Donald Trump by. This is 2020, the mentality of many whites have changed since 2016. Epic fail.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, its 4th of July and Trump uses it as an opportunity to divide the country even more.......What is stupid speech. He is not even trying to hide the fact that he considers American people as his worst enemy.

This is why people say he does not possess any kind of leadership skills. None whatsoever.
He doesn’t want to be president of the entire country. He’s only interested in those who would follow him blindly as he imagines Russians follow Putin.
What I’ve never understood is here is a man who grew up with every advantage and who could have done so much good but for what ever reason just hates the world.
It would be sad if it wasn’t so damaging.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:44 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,547,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Did y'all really think you could burn our cities, destroy it's monuments, beat up citizens, and call us names and get away with it?

Think again.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:46 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post

Think again.
Yes, I really believe that they did.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:53 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
He doesn’t want to be president of the entire country. He’s only interested in those who would follow him blindly as he imagines Russians follow Putin.
They said the speech was unifying, but now they have admitted it was not. It was divisive, which is unacceptable for a 4th of July speech.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:56 AM

Quote:

It’s who he is.
Look at how he’s felt the need to emblazon his name on his properties.
It’s as if the success isn’t real if it’s not plastered all over everything and up in everyone’s faces.

Many other people in this country have been successful and made lots of money, but they did so quietly, secure in their success.
Not so Trump.
He really has modeled himself after one of the debauched kings of France or England.
And has the same regard for his “subjects.”
Is it any wonder that it’s having the same result?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies