Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2020, 04:27 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,791,856 times

Advertisements

South Korea, the CCP largest trading partner, is moving production out of China.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AVKs96LnXo&t=69s

Old 08-11-2020, 04:29 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,525,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
so basically trump and pompeo are slandering China because they know there is nothing they can do to retaliate. their rebuttals will fall on deaf ears because statements made by the US has more credibility.

it's pretty clear what's happening. Trump/Pompeo are just repeating "wuhan virus, china lied" over and over because if heard enough times by top US officials, eventually people will believe it to be true.

well played trump.

Old 08-11-2020, 04:46 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
so basically trump and pompeo are slandering China because they know there is nothing they can do to retaliate. their rebuttals will fall on deaf ears because statements made by the US has more credibility.

it's pretty clear what's happening. Trump/Pompeo are just repeating "wuhan virus, china lied" over and over because if heard enough times by top US officials, eventually people will believe it to be true.

well played trump.
Not really. Here in Europe the US has actually lost more credibility than China during recent times. Both countries are considered equally untrustworthy by Europeans, they were just a single percentage point apart.
Most Europeans consider Trump and Pompeo morons and criminals.

Old 08-11-2020, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
The truth is getting out. Even the CCP huge army of wumao can't suppress it.
I never quite understood why China and India were fighting over that depressing moon landscape of Kashmir.
I think China did not like that India's nationalist government unilaterally redrew the Indian map.

I don't think China is being aggressive. It is merely defending itself.
To the contrary, I find China's behavior surprisingly cool. They know they got size on their side.

What people don't keep in mind is that while American companies liked China as a manufacturing location and market, Washington never learned to accept China's being communist and at the same time increasingly more powerful and modern. Regime change efforts were common long before Trump. But they didn't work, and with every year that passed China became bigger and bigger. So Washington was starting to panic. US hawks admitted they tried to put a noose around China, which consists of 400 military bases by now. That's the reason China started to build runways in the South China Sea in the first place.

Americans just like Brits before have the odd idea that they own the world and that everyone has to be like them. Brits tried to destroy China by inundating China with opium. For some time that worked, but now China is back again. And the same two imperialist countries are trying again to destroy China.

I think we need China. The West has pushed our planet to the abyss. More and more western countries have turned into rogue states despite democracy. So, the West is neither economically sustainable, nor politically an example to follow.

Old 08-11-2020, 06:21 PM

Regarding HK, the HK constitution (Basic Law) made the introduction of a national security law mandatory from the very start. From Wiki:

"Article 23 requires Hong Kong to enact local national security laws that prohibit treason, secession, sedition, subversion against the central government, theft of state secrets and foreign organisations from conducting political activities in Hong Kong."

The new law does exactly that. And it only applies to crimes concerning China as a nation.

Interestingly, not few of the human rights organizations and pseudo-NGOs in HK try to meddle in China's affairs, even trying to topple the mainland government. Tell me one country which accepts radicals in one region of it trying to topple the national government?
Would the US accept it if China tried to replace the Trump administration with a communist government? Certainly not. So why would China accept it when the US, Britain and Australia try to topple the Chinese government, not seldom from HK where they think they can plot without getting caught?
Double standards...

I have come to think very little of human rights organizations, NGOs etc. As someone ironically called it, the human rights biz. Many of those organizations are fake organizations that are anything but politically neutral, but involved in illegal activities. They should be crushed.

Old 08-11-2020, 08:13 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,501,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I never quite understood why China and India were fighting over that depressing moon landscape of Kashmir.
I think China did not like that India's nationalist government unilaterally redrew the Indian map.

I don't think China is being aggressive. It is merely defending itself.
To the contrary, I find China's behavior surprisingly cool. They know they got size on their side.

What people don't keep in mind is that while American companies liked China as a manufacturing location and market, Washington never learned to accept China's being communist and at the same time increasingly more powerful and modern. Regime change efforts were common long before Trump. But they didn't work, and with every year that passed China became bigger and bigger. So Washington was starting to panic. US hawks admitted they tried to put a noose around China, which consists of 400 military bases by now. That's the reason China started to build runways in the South China Sea in the first place.

Americans just like Brits before have the odd idea that they own the world and that everyone has to be like them. Brits tried to destroy China by inundating China with opium. For some time that worked, but now China is back again. And the same two imperialist countries are trying again to destroy China.

I think we need China. The West has pushed our planet to the abyss. More and more western countries have turned into rogue states despite democracy. So, the West is neither economically sustainable, nor politically an example to follow.
What a load of hogwash.

It's fine if you want to criticize the US and UK (I'm surprised you didn't bring up the France who played a major role in the opium war). They've certainly done their fair share, but then don't go around pretending like China is some sweet innocent little lamb.

China is very much an imperialistic power, and yes it is interested in territorial expansion, not to mention hardly liked by most of it's neighbors. India, Japan, Vietnam, Philippines and even Russia to an extent, have a negative view of China.

Yes, China is an important player on the global stage. No one can deny that at this point. A benevolent power, it most certainly is not.

On a side note, the reason the British were able to colonize a quarter of the globe is because they excel at management. Nobody rules like the English, not the French, not the Spanish, not the Portuguese, not Russians nor Americans for that matter. They've got one thing that sets them apart from the rest and that's ethics. That's why despite being a major colonial power they left a better impression then the rest.

Old 08-11-2020, 08:16 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,594,869 times
I might feel a smidgen of sympathy for someone at death's door who wants to buy a healthy Falun Gong organ. Any other reason for liking China is inexcusable.

Old 08-11-2020, 08:29 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,451,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I know, being against China is the standard these days. But not in my case. The more I investigate and read about the accusations against China, the more I notice that 95% of it is just one big staged smear campaign.

It doesn't matter who gets elected in November, Biden is a criminal just like Trump.

Take the Uighur accusations for instance. According to Reuters, that started the media campaign, China holds a million Uighurs in concentration camps, quoting the UN. From there the claim was repeated ad nausea by the NYT, WP, etc., like parrots.

However, the UN has not claimed anything like that. In fact, only a single woman named Gay McDougall, who is anything but an expert on China, made such claims in her role as the only American on the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, which is separate from the UN, though. She has not provided any evidence to back up her claim, just mentioned "credible reports".

Those came for instance from the Network of Chinese Human Rights Defenders (CHRD), an anti-Beijing organization based in Washington, that receives hundreds of thousands of dollars from Washington's regime-change body National Endowment for Democracy (NED), basically an imperialist terrorist organization acting under the pretext of spreading democracy. The CHRD is registered at the same address as Human Rights Watch, an organization known for its proximity to US politicians.

Leading members of CHRD are Su Xiaokang, Teng Biao, Perry Link, Renee Xia (the founder). They are hard-core anti-Chinese radicals/dissidents that support people like Liu Xiaobo, another radical that makes racist comments against the Chinese, supports colonialism and wars.

Another source of those Uighur accusations are stories by Radio Free Asia, an American propaganda station.

Yet another source are the World Uighur Congress and the International Uyghur Human Rights and Democracy Foundation, both organizations are funded by the aforementioned National Endowment for Democracy, that tries to topple governments Washington doesn't like.

Finally, there is a weird German guy called Adrian Zenz, who emigrated to the US. He is a radical evangelist Christian who goes around claiming god chose him to fight China. Zenz came up with the absurd figure of a million incarcerated Uighurs and his fabrications have been the foundation for anti-Chinese US laws.

https://thegrayzone.com/2018/08/23/u...ighur-muslims/

The same happens when one investigates the corona accusations, the HK accusations, the Huawei accusations, etc. People should not just read headlines and swallow what they see on TV, but investigate.

I am convinced that, while not perfect of course, China is actually a much more decent, benevolent country than the US. And most of what China does is merely to defend itself.
You aren't alone. If there's millions of Uighurs in concentration camps why aren't there sattelite photos. We had sattelite s that could read liscense plates decades ago ffs.

Anonymous sources and expert opinions? LMAO!!! That's what got us into Iraq. Please give me a break.

Old 08-11-2020, 09:27 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,791,856 times
USA sent diplomat to Taiwan. Xi Jinping the pooh got nervous and told wumao army to work harder at distorting the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYgaKF1JCCc

Old 08-11-2020, 09:28 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,903,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
What a load of hogwash.

It's fine if you want to criticize the US and UK (I'm surprised you didn't bring up the France who played a major role in the opium war). They've certainly done their fair share, but then don't go around pretending like China is some sweet innocent little lamb.

China is very much an imperialistic power, and yes it is interested in territorial expansion, not to mention hardly liked by most of it's neighbors. India, Japan, Vietnam, Philippines and even Russia to an extent, have a negative view of China.

Yes, China is an important player on the global stage. No one can deny that at this point. A benevolent power, it most certainly is not.

On a side note, the reason the British were able to colonize a quarter of the globe is because they excel at management. Nobody rules like the English, not the French, not the Spanish, not the Portuguese, not Russians nor Americans for that matter. They've got one thing that sets them apart from the rest and that's ethics. That's why despite being a major colonial power they left a better impression then the rest.
You're arguing with someone who sounds like they are on the payroll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies