Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2020, 10:42 PM

61,748 posts, read 87,217,162 times

Advertisements

Apparently one can be a homeowner and a very stubborn too...and win with the government

https://www.9news.com.au/national/ch...8-074166cb158d

Old 08-11-2020, 11:53 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,525,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Apparently one can be a homeowner and a very stubborn too...and win with the government

I thought the CCP was a bunch of heartless folks oppressing their citizens.

Quote:
She also refused cash compensation over the past ten years, according to local media reports, which claim she wanted authorities to give her not one but four new apartments.
so they tried to offer her reasonable compensation but she refused so they built around her.
we've had worse examples of eminent domain abuse here in the land of the free

Old 08-12-2020, 01:40 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,084,509 times
Covid 19. Poisoned dog treats. Spotted lanternflies. Stink bugs. A black hole for our manufacturing jobs here.
I don't hate the chinese people but the country sucks ass.

Old 08-12-2020, 10:14 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
What a load of hogwash.

It's fine if you want to criticize the US and UK (I'm surprised you didn't bring up the France who played a major role in the opium war). They've certainly done their fair share, but then don't go around pretending like China is some sweet innocent little lamb.

China is very much an imperialistic power, and yes it is interested in territorial expansion, not to mention hardly liked by most of it's neighbors. India, Japan, Vietnam, Philippines and even Russia to an extent, have a negative view of China.

Yes, China is an important player on the global stage. No one can deny that at this point. A benevolent power, it most certainly is not.

On a side note, the reason the British were able to colonize a quarter of the globe is because they excel at management. Nobody rules like the English, not the French, not the Spanish, not the Portuguese, not Russians nor Americans for that matter. They've got one thing that sets them apart from the rest and that's ethics. That's why despite being a major colonial power they left a better impression then the rest.
That is not what I am saying, do you really think you can criticize me with that childish tactic?
China is not an innocent little lamb, and that's a good thing.

China is not imperialist. What territorial expansion? The South China Sea? Taiwan claims exactly the same huge zone there, so, is Taiwan imperialist and expansionist?

A benevolent power? Well, countries are countries and as such unfortunately all a bit egoistic. But I do think that China is clearly more benevolent than the US or the UK or Australia even.

Sorry, that view is silly. Brits have little ethics, they are mostly cold-blooded racists similar to other Nordic people such as Germans or the Dutch. Yes, they are all good at running things, concentration camps for instance, very efficient...
Britain's reputation is just as bad as that of other colonial powers. That's why they were kicked out everywhere.

Old 08-12-2020, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastwanted View Post
Western media are extremely hostile to China. If you believe everything the media says, you would have thought China is like an upgraded North Korea. I believe they do it on purpose.

If you go to China, however, you will see their media seldom criticize other governments/people unless there is a conflict going on and they need to fight back. Most reports about foreign countries are positive and neutral things.
Yes, it is all propaganda. Pompeo even bragged about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPt-zXn05ac

Old 08-12-2020, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post

Crazy. Here in Portugal they would not do that, she would get another home and be removed by force if necessary. Entire villages have been relocated when dams and reservoirs were built.

Old 08-12-2020, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
You're arguing with someone who sounds like they are on the payroll.
How narrow your mind must be if you can't understand that someone else thinks differently than you.
Like it or not, I believe what I write, and I don't get a single cent for it, unfortunately.

Old 08-12-2020, 10:26 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,451,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
That is not what I am saying, do you really think you can criticize me with that childish tactic?
China is not an innocent little lamb, and that's a good thing.

China is not imperialist. What territorial expansion? The South China Sea? Taiwan claims exactly the same huge zone there, so, is Taiwan imperialist and expansionist?

A benevolent power? Well, countries are countries and as such unfortunately all a bit egoistic. But I do think that China is clearly more benevolent than the US or the UK or Australia even.

Sorry, that view is silly. Brits have little ethics, they are mostly cold-blooded racists similar to other Nordic people such as Germans or the Dutch. Yes, they are all good at running things, concentration camps for instance, very efficient...
Britain's reputation is just as bad as that of other colonial powers. That's why they were kicked out everywhere.
China says there can only be one tiger on the mountain. You understand what they mean by that, don't you?

Old 08-12-2020, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I might feel a smidgen of sympathy for someone at death's door who wants to buy a healthy Falun Gong organ. Any other reason for liking China is inexcusable.
I see it the other way round.
If there is any truth to those organ rumors, that is one of the few things I would harshly criticize about China. Similar to ivory and rhino horn smuggling.

Then again that sect consists of China-haters and is financed by American agencies. So those stories might as well be mere atrocity propaganda.

I do like China. While I would change certain things, by and large there is no reason why I would not like it. It does good things as well, for instance its war on plastics, its reforestation and desert conversion programs, green energy tech, war on waste, HS train network, effective war on the Corona virus, etc.
We could learn from them if we were not so proud and thought that whatever we do is better than what the Chinese do, because, well, because we are the West.

Old 08-12-2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
China says there can only be one tiger on the mountain. You understand what they mean by that, don't you?
And China said that in an interview or where?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies