Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2020, 03:04 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,527,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Never said that it was. I simply question ed if it was only due to their religion.
Of course it is. It isn't a secret.

Old 07-28-2020, 03:09 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Of course it is. It isn't a secret.
It isn't a secret to who? Over in Asia that group is viewed as terrorists. Just saying..

Me? I don't think all Muslims are terrorists, I don't think that China is a victim in any story. That said China has many religions in their country. Why would they single out these people due to being muslims? There is more to it, has to be.

Old 07-28-2020, 03:50 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,849,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I know, being against China is the standard these days. But not in my case. The more I investigate and read about the accusations against China, the more I notice that 95% of it is just one big staged smear campaign.

It doesn't matter who gets elected in November, Biden is a criminal just like Trump.

Take the Uighur accusations for instance. According to Reuters, that started the media campaign, China holds a million Uighurs in concentration camps, quoting the UN. From there the claim was repeated ad nausea by the NYT, WP, etc., like parrots.

However, the UN has not claimed anything like that. In fact, only a single woman named Gay McDougall, who is anything but an expert on China, made such claims in her role as the only American on the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, which is separate from the UN, though. She has not provided any evidence to back up her claim, just mentioned "credible reports".

Those came for instance from the Network of Chinese Human Rights Defenders (CHRD), an anti-Beijing organization based in Washington, that receives hundreds of thousands of dollars from Washington's regime-change body National Endowment for Democracy (NED), basically an imperialist terrorist organization acting under the pretext of spreading democracy. The CHRD is registered at the same address as Human Rights Watch, an organization known for its proximity to US politicians.

Leading members of CHRD are Su Xiaokang, Teng Biao, Perry Link, Renee Xia (the founder). They are hard-core anti-Chinese radicals/dissidents that support people like Liu Xiaobo, another radical that makes racist comments against the Chinese, supports colonialism and wars.

Another source of those Uighur accusations are stories by Radio Free Asia, an American propaganda station.

Yet another source are the World Uighur Congress and the International Uyghur Human Rights and Democracy Foundation, both organizations are funded by the aforementioned National Endowment for Democracy, that tries to topple governments Washington doesn't like.

Finally, there is a weird German guy called Adrian Zenz, who emigrated to the US. He is a radical evangelist Christian who goes around claiming god chose him to fight China. Zenz came up with the absurd figure of a million incarcerated Uighurs and his fabrications have been the foundation for anti-Chinese US laws.

https://thegrayzone.com/2018/08/23/u...ighur-muslims/

The same happens when one investigates the corona accusations, the HK accusations, the Huawei accusations, etc. People should not just read headlines and swallow what they see on TV, but investigate.

I am convinced that, while not perfect of course, China is actually a much more decent, benevolent country than the US. And most of what China does is merely to defend itself.

I think, the OP's posts in this thread is what's referred to as 'literary fellatio'.

Old 07-28-2020, 03:52 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,849,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Something else I find interesting is that NOT ONE of the regular more left leaning posters who regularly support the democrats and left in America are posting in this thread in defiance of the obvious propaganda.

Sorry I'm late Bert.

Old 07-28-2020, 04:05 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,527,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
It isn't a secret to who? Over in Asia that group is viewed as terrorists. Just saying..

Me? I don't think all Muslims are terrorists, I don't think that China is a victim in any story. That said China has many religions in their country. Why would they single out these people due to being muslims? There is more to it, has to be.
But the millions that have gone through concentration camps aren't terrorists are they.....

The history is well documented and understood. They didn't bring it on themselves as you seem to be suggesting.

Old 07-28-2020, 05:39 AM

5,112 posts, read 2,054,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Yes, and when that dam goes it will create an economic, and ecological catastrophe the likes of which have never been seen before.

The potential havoc that may be coming globally from the CCP

CN
And there might be worst to come. By checking Wikipedia entry about nuclear power plants in China. Some of them are along the Yangtse river. There's Sanmen with 2 reactors, Fangjiashan also with 2 reactors, and Qinshan with 7 reactors. Tianwan (6 reactors) and Ningde (4 reactors) are within a few hundred miles of the river.

Old 07-28-2020, 09:05 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
China has a long, long history of treating ethnic and religious minorities poorly. Typically, such minorities are expected to work instead of attending school beyond 3rd- 5th grade. Ethnic minorities have not assimilateD well.

The Uighur is one of several ethnic minorities. There are local laws that ban growing be! Ceasing on Ramadan, wearing hijab etc. offenders are sent to re-education schools.

John Oliver does a decent job of summing it up.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/92763...ntration-camps
No worse history than the US or Europe.

9 years of school education are mandatory in China, other than that and the fact that mandatory education must be free of charge, education in China is rather decentralized, up to the provinces, not Beijing.
The Hijab is not at all forbidden in China. What is forbidden since 2017 is the burqa, but that is also forbidden in France and other countries. And rightly so in my view.

You are parroting MSM stuff. Just like Oliver most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
About twenty to fifty cents per post is what I have heard as the going rate for WuMao.

CN
Unfortunately not a single cent. I write what I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
That's a blatant lie. You must be in China being paid to spread propaganda.

Even those living in Hong Kong will no longer be able to say anything negative about the government.
That is not the case. One can criticize the government in a constructive, civilized way, but the Chinese, both in HK and elsewhere, are not allowed to engage in separatist movements, treason etc. I don't know a single country where that is allowed. Spain has sentenced Catalonian separatist politicians to many years in prison. And people in Catalonia are also obliged to learn Spanish in addition to their own language. It is only natural that Uighurs have to learn Mandarin since they live in China. They are free to speak their own language as well, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
A million of them are all radicals and deserved to be punished? According to various news outlet, they have been forced to perform slave labors making American products like Nike and others. Women have been given forced abortions. Men are sterilized. Their organs have been harvested. And the worst punishment of all -- listening to Xi Jinping voice for hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKpyaDZkNfU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vQR6NEdXbk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR_7aQ6CLao
Sorry, that doesn't convince me at all. Lots of rumors that get repeated again and again. But it sounds like a classic example of good old "atrocity propaganda". The West, especially the US, has used that repeatedly in order to frame other countries. Think of the Nayirah case, or the blunt lies of Jumana Hanna. People who fabricate the wildest stories, cry into the camera like professional actors. Just in order to frame others, and of course for the money they receive from organizations such as the CIA, NED etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atrocity_propaganda

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So, you are against the same things the CCP is against?
How come? The CCP is in favor of traditional Chinese medicine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
But the millions that have gone through concentration camps aren't terrorists are they.....

The history is well documented and understood. They didn't bring it on themselves as you seem to be suggesting.
There are not millions of Uighurs in concentration camps to begin with. It's a myth.
Integrated study and work camps have a long history in China. And while the way lessons are given might seem a bit dated by Western standards, it is similar to the rest of China. Same thing in Africa by the way. School is a place of discipline there, not a place for rebels. The Chinese and Africans appreciate the right to go to school and get an education. It is considered a privilege.

Old 07-28-2020, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
And there might be worst to come. By checking Wikipedia entry about nuclear power plants in China. Some of them are along the Yangtse river. There's Sanmen with 2 reactors, Fangjiashan also with 2 reactors, and Qinshan with 7 reactors. Tianwan (6 reactors) and Ningde (4 reactors) are within a few hundred miles of the river.
They have serious flooding almost every year, why would the dams not hold this time?

What I actually read between the lines is that some people hope for Chinese dams to break.
Their brains have been washed to thoroughly that they have turned into hateful, racist sociopaths.

Old 07-28-2020, 10:11 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,373,234 times
Citing Grayzone/Max Blumenthal, "Tibet is China", the Uighur concentration camps are fake news...

This is some full on tankie (Soviet/Maoist apologist) rhetoric.

Old 07-28-2020, 10:29 AM

Grayzone is a very thorough site, doing real investigative journalism that the NYT, WP etc. keep failing to do. Just because you don't like its conclusions, doesn't mean they are wrong. To the contrary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies