Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2020, 09:21 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
The Chinese do talk about politics as well and some are critical of the president. That's not a big deal.
But most Chinese are actually content with their country's government. I know it is hard to believe in the West where in most countries half the population would like to topple their elected leaders.
That's a blatant lie. You must be in China being paid to spread propaganda.

Even those living in Hong Kong will no longer be able to say anything negative about the government.

Old 07-27-2020, 09:26 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,733,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
And add to the list the current floods in China are the worst since 60 years and putting lots of pressure on the Three Gorges Dam. https://twitter.com/hashtag/ThreeGorgesDam?f=live
https://youtu.be/zIOMerKaS2E
Yes, and when that dam goes it will create an economic, and ecological catastrophe the likes of which have never been seen before.

The potential havoc that may be coming globally from the CCP

CN

Old 07-27-2020, 09:32 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Is $.50 still the going rate for these posts?

By the way, how many Uighur people is it acceptable to put in concentration camps because of their religion?
To be fair the Ulghur aren't exactly popular in most of Asia. If I am not mistaken Ulghur radicals are the ones responsible for deadly bombings in Bangkok 5 years ago.. Maybe they aren't in camps only because of religion. I don't know, But I do know that my daughter was in BKK when the bombings happened.

I hate defending China because I have the same regard for the Chinese Government as I do tape worms.

Old 07-27-2020, 10:12 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,790,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
To be fair the Ulghur aren't exactly popular in most of Asia. If I am not mistaken Ulghur radicals are the ones responsible for deadly bombings in Bangkok 5 years ago.. Maybe they aren't in camps only because of religion. I don't know, But I do know that my daughter was in BKK when the bombings happened.

I hate defending China because I have the same regard for the Chinese Government as I do tape worms.
A million of them are all radicals and deserved to be punished? According to various news outlet, they have been forced to perform slave labors making American products like Nike and others. Women have been given forced abortions. Men are sterilized. Their organs have been harvested. And the worst punishment of all -- listening to Xi Jinping voice for hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKpyaDZkNfU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vQR6NEdXbk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR_7aQ6CLao

Last edited by davidt1; 07-27-2020 at 10:23 PM..

Old 07-27-2020, 10:33 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,526,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post

Well Muslims are responsible for many terrorist acts. Would it be ok to just round them up in concentration camps.

Old 07-28-2020, 12:34 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,038,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
I'm not shocked to hear that. I'm sure they have propaganda of their own and choose what image they want portrayed to the masses.
it's likely more subdued now since information is much more accessible and people freely travel.

what's shocking is that people here don't believe the propaganda they've been fed. somehow the right believes that all US media is liberal biased (and it mostly is, other than Fox) and that the left-leaning education system is brainwashing our children.
yet somehow they cant see or believe that they themselves are victims to lies being spread about china by trump and friends (most recently, but anti-china sentiment is more bilateral).
I'm willing to bet less than 5% of CD POC posters have even been to china to see firsthand for themselves if what they've been told is true
And I am not sure how they would be so successful being communists. They are sounding more like the Third Reich Germans of the 1930's - Strong private investments, Social welfare, making decent products. Not to forget the government control and also a keen eye on territorial expansion and proud about their past.

Old 07-28-2020, 01:02 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
No, I have criticized China when it was appropriate, for instance regarding the smuggling of rhino horns and ivory, superstition/traditional Chinese medicine.

But politically, indeed, I have never fallen for the China bashing that is so popular in the West.
And investigating the dirty details makes sense, it confirms my unbiased attitude was and is right.

So, you are against the same things the CCP is against?

Old 07-28-2020, 02:10 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,632,022 times
The Trump has always done business with China and his daughter trolled for all of those Patton’s she got from them. Trump talks a big game. He’s all talk. He built the Trump tower mostly from Chinese products.

Old 07-28-2020, 02:18 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Well Muslims are responsible for many terrorist acts. Would it be ok to just round them up in concentration camps.
Never said that it was. I simply question ed if it was only due to their religion.

Old 07-28-2020, 02:31 AM

8,867 posts, read 8,452,657 times
Nobody cares about what you think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies