Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2020, 06:46 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times

Advertisements

China has a long, long history of treating ethnic and religious minorities poorly. Typically, such minorities are expected to work instead of attending school beyond 3rd- 5th grade. Ethnic minorities have not assimilateD well.

The Uighur is one of several ethnic minorities. There are local laws that ban growing be! Ceasing on Ramadan, wearing hijab etc. offenders are sent to re-education schools.

John Oliver does a decent job of summing it up.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/92763...ntration-camps

Old 07-27-2020, 06:50 PM

1,503 posts, read 608,192 times
Here how people in the world view countries leadership:
https://news.gallup.com/poll/316133/...worldwide.aspx

Solid first place: Germany (44% approval).

Second place: tie for US, China, Russia (33%, 32%, 30%).

Old 07-27-2020, 06:54 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,791,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
China is building a huge amount of infrastructure in the developing world. Roads, dams, factories, etc. I'm not saying China is blameless than they are winning over the developing world while the USA becomes more unpopular.
Nah, they are not the benefactor that you say they are. What you are referring to is China's Belt and Road Initiative (BRI). China loans money to these countries at exorbitant interest rates to build infrastructures that benefit China. And when these countries fail to pay back the loan, China takes their land and sovereignty as payment. This is also known as China's debt trap policy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYJAbnOS1X0

As for your assertion that China is popular with the world. Their neighbors in the region and these countries don't agree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrm06xWorOY

Last edited by davidt1; 07-27-2020 at 07:03 PM..

Old 07-27-2020, 07:04 PM

5,112 posts, read 2,054,389 times
And add to the list the current floods in China are the worst since 60 years and putting lots of pressure on the Three Gorges Dam. https://twitter.com/hashtag/ThreeGorgesDam?f=live
https://youtu.be/zIOMerKaS2E

Old 07-27-2020, 07:29 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,525,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Excerpt: The more I investigate and read about the accusations against China, the more I notice that 95% of it is just one big staged smear campaign.

Response: It is useless to speak when it falls on deaf ears.

Video: Why I left China from a man who trained Doctors.

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWgqdfAomVI
that guy was a english teacher who loved china at first and then became disgruntled when they wouldn't offer him a path to citizenship.
when his anti-china videos started to gain traction, he realized he could make more money bashing china so now that's what he does full time with his motorcycling buddy.

Old 07-27-2020, 07:44 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,525,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytang24 View Post
My wife had never heard of the Tiananmen Square massacre until she came to the USA. Politics is generally kept low key or not discussed at all.
I'm not shocked to hear that. I'm sure they have propaganda of their own and choose what image they want portrayed to the masses.
it's likely more subdued now since information is much more accessible and people freely travel.

what's shocking is that people here don't believe the propaganda they've been fed. somehow the right believes that all US media is liberal biased (and it mostly is, other than Fox) and that the left-leaning education system is brainwashing our children.
yet somehow they cant see or believe that they themselves are victims to lies being spread about china by trump and friends (most recently, but anti-china sentiment is more bilateral).
I'm willing to bet less than 5% of CD POC posters have even been to china to see firsthand for themselves if what they've been told is true

Old 07-27-2020, 09:10 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,734,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
I'm willing to bet less than 5% of CD POC posters have even been to china to see firsthand for themselves if what they've been told is true
If they know what's good for them they'll want to review "Article 38" of the Hong Kong security act imposed by the CCP very recently.

It states that anyone, of any nationality, anywhere in the world, is in violation of the act and can be imprisoned and tried in Chinese communist courts.

This is the main reason there has been a flurry of activity among the countries of the world suspending any extradition treaties they may have with the PRC.

However if someone here on CD may have posted something critical of the CCP, and inadvertandly find themselves on a China Air flight, or visiting anywhere that an extradition treaty with the CCP might exist, they could find themselves "disappeared" to mainland China.

The actions and blatant crimes of the CCP speak loudly enough. I wouldn't go there to see it firsthand, any more than I would attempt to visit Nazi Germany, the soviet union, Cuba, or Venezuela.

CN

Old 07-27-2020, 09:12 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,734,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstate0fmind View Post
Hope he is being paid more than Nike workers make.
About twenty to fifty cents per post is what I have heard as the going rate for WuMao.

CN

Old 07-27-2020, 09:14 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,527,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I know, being against China is the standard these days. But not in my case. The more I investigate and read about the accusations against China, the more I notice that 95% of it is just one big staged smear campaign.

It doesn't matter who gets elected in November, Biden is a criminal just like Trump.

Take the Uighur accusations for instance. According to Reuters, that started the media campaign, China holds a million Uighurs in concentration camps, quoting the UN. From there the claim was repeated ad nausea by the NYT, WP, etc., like parrots.

However, the UN has not claimed anything like that. In fact, only a single woman named Gay McDougall, who is anything but an expert on China, made such claims in her role as the only American on the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, which is separate from the UN, though. She has not provided any evidence to back up her claim, just mentioned "credible reports".

Those came for instance from the Network of Chinese Human Rights Defenders (CHRD), an anti-Beijing organization based in Washington, that receives hundreds of thousands of dollars from Washington's regime-change body National Endowment for Democracy (NED), basically an imperialist terrorist organization acting under the pretext of spreading democracy. The CHRD is registered at the same address as Human Rights Watch, an organization known for its proximity to US politicians.

Leading members of CHRD are Su Xiaokang, Teng Biao, Perry Link, Renee Xia (the founder). They are hard-core anti-Chinese radicals/dissidents that support people like Liu Xiaobo, another radical that makes racist comments against the Chinese, supports colonialism and wars.

Another source of those Uighur accusations are stories by Radio Free Asia, an American propaganda station.

Yet another source are the World Uighur Congress and the International Uyghur Human Rights and Democracy Foundation, both organizations are funded by the aforementioned National Endowment for Democracy, that tries to topple governments Washington doesn't like.

Finally, there is a weird German guy called Adrian Zenz, who emigrated to the US. He is a radical evangelist Christian who goes around claiming god chose him to fight China. Zenz came up with the absurd figure of a million incarcerated Uighurs and his fabrications have been the foundation for anti-Chinese US laws.

https://thegrayzone.com/2018/08/23/u...ighur-muslims/

The same happens when one investigates the corona accusations, the HK accusations, the Huawei accusations, etc. People should not just read headlines and swallow what they see on TV, but investigate.

I am convinced that, while not perfect of course, China is actually a much more decent, benevolent country than the US. And most of what China does is merely to defend itself.

Is $.50 still the going rate for these posts?

By the way, how many Uighur people is it acceptable to put in concentration camps because of their religion?

Old 07-27-2020, 09:20 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,304,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I know, being against China is the standard these days. But not in my case. The more I investigate......
How much time have you spent in China?

Not sure what "sources" you are using to "investigate" China, but you don't need anything besides your own eyes and ears to see that China is the most evil regime on the planet currently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies