Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 12:04 PM

4,022 posts, read 1,452,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Spoken like a block captain from Wuhan...........good job comrade
Yep, he’ll be allowed to live another day. Lol

Old 07-27-2020, 12:08 PM

4,022 posts, read 1,452,566 times
Something else I find interesting is that NOT ONE of the regular more left leaning posters who regularly support the democrats and left in America are posting in this thread in defiance of the obvious propaganda.

Old 07-27-2020, 12:17 PM

7,259 posts, read 4,813,028 times
Why don't you move there and leave this country since you respect the place so much. Stop the BS. YOU need to stop being so lazy, and start educating yourself.

Coming to a message board, posting selective information about China, then expecting people to waste precious time finding info on the internet to educate you, is ridiculous. Go take a nap.

Old 07-27-2020, 12:19 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,843,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Something else I find interesting is that NOT ONE of the regular more left leaning posters who regularly support the democrats and left in America are posting in this thread in defiance of the obvious propaganda.
Most Democrats are a joke, they have nothing to do with the left. The US as a whole is a right-wing country.

Nor does China have to do with right vs left. Americans should abandon that simplistic and pointless attitude. China already was a market economy long before the US and concepts such as capitalist or communist even existed.

Old 07-27-2020, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Why don't you move there and leave this country since you respect the place so much. Stop the BS. YOU need to stop being so lazy, and start educating yourself.

Coming to a message board, posting selective information about China, then expecting people to waste precious time finding info on the internet to educate you, is ridiculous. Go take a nap.
Nah. I have read a whole lot about China, more than posters who merely keep repeating what they hear from others and what they want to be true.
I don't expect people to do anything. I have read the info, have you?

Old 07-27-2020, 12:26 PM

9,345 posts, read 16,732,961 times
I have several friends who left China. I can assure you you're delusional.

Old 07-27-2020, 12:32 PM

13,336 posts, read 21,957,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Actually, I like the Great Firewall as it is called. I read an interesting article on that the other day, why they had to implement it.

Free speech is an illusion, it exists nowhere on the planet. What people say/write can have serious consequences anywhere, be it in China, the US, Europe.
Just yesterday I read that 62% of Americans are afraid to say what they think because of possible consequences.

https://www.cato.org/publications/su...e-afraid-share

Free speech is orthogonal to free reading. One has little to do with the other. Feeling constrained by social pressure or even legal pressure to watch what you say is vastly different than government filtering what you are allowed to see. It's basically thought control, and far more insidious than free speech. I'm really surprised that anyone on an internet forum could advocate it, as most likely you wouldn't even be participating if you were there.

Old 07-27-2020, 12:33 PM

3,770 posts, read 1,536,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Have you ever been to china? what city did you go to? what are your personal thoughts based on first hand accounts?

Old 07-27-2020, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
People who emigrate often speak negatively about their countries of origin, that's no secret. It's the same everywhere.

Old 07-27-2020, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Free speech is orthogonal to free reading. One has little to do with the other. Feeling constrained by social pressure or even legal pressure to watch what you say is vastly different than government filtering what you are allowed to see. It's basically thought control, and far more insidious than free speech. I'm really surprised that anyone on an internet forum could advocate it, as most likely you wouldn't even be participating if you were there.

Google also filters and prioritizes what we see when we search for something.

There is censorship on message boards, news sites, etc. all the time.

And when someone has views that contradict the mainstream, it is called propaganda.

And when people can not say whatever they want, naturally other people can't read what those people never said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies