Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2020, 05:00 AM

25,747 posts, read 12,832,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I will only dismiss it if it comes from a biased source. I don't want the FOX News opinion. I don't want the CNN opinion. I want actual proof from scientists who have been studying this stuff, and stuff that is actually been approved to work. I have a problem because people are only about political gain. Fighting Covid-19 should have been about fighting this disease. Instead, it's a political issue. And I get the feeling many people are all about people who share their political opinion, rather than an actual proven medical fact.
https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/...reatment-study

Is Henry Ford Medical system unbiased enough?

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/...reatment-study

There will NEVER be enough studies of any kind, reported on by an infinite array of sources to satisfy partisans.

Can anyone show me a treatment that has been proven to me MORE effective than HCQ + Z-pak + Zinc when administered early in the onset of symptoms, in the proper dose, and when the patient has no pre-existing heart issues?

If you get Covid-19, under the circumstances I list above, what would you take?

If your Doctor perscribed HCQ + Zpak + Zinc, would you take it?

Having the perfect study proving any treatment's effectiveness at this point in time would be awesome, but NONE CURRENTLY EXIST...SO NOW WHAT?

You do what you want, but I'm going with the treatment that has shown the best results TO DATE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2020, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Herman caine was a big supporter of this drug too. Looks like it didn't work.
Herman waited too long after the onset of symptoms for this treatment. He was more of a candidate for Remdesivir. Herman also was 74 years old, and survived stage 4 colon cancer.

I have not seen any evidence of what treatment Herman pursued, but if you have a link to support your claim he tried HCQ, please post it. Otherwise, I'll dismiss your post as being rubbish.

Old 07-31-2020, 05:15 AM

I wish Louie Gohmert the best with his chosen treatment, no matter how partisan it has become.

If Trump claimed that toilet paper was a promising looking treatment for post-defecation hygiene in humans, Liberals and the media would refute his claim, and insist all humans stop using toilet paper.

Louie Gohmert would keep using toilet paper...that is just the way he rolls!

Old 07-31-2020, 05:26 AM

2,923 posts, read 978,770 times
Well its guaranteed to work since hes asymptomatic like 80% of people who get this

Old 07-31-2020, 05:39 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,581,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Considering he thinks a mask gave him coronavirus, I'd probably do the exact opposite of anything this idiot would prescribe.
Shhh. This will be fun to watch.

Old 07-31-2020, 05:41 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,581,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I wish Louie Gohmert the best with his chosen treatment, no matter how partisan it has become.

If Trump claimed that toilet paper was a promising looking treatment for post-defecation hygiene in humans, Liberals and the media would refute his claim, and insist all humans stop using toilet paper.

Louie Gohmert would keep using toilet paper...that is just the way he rolls!

Lots of it too, since they're both so full of $hit.

Old 07-31-2020, 06:25 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,807,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
Well its guaranteed to work since hes asymptomatic like 80% of people who get this
He may be now. Believe on Hannity he said he had fatigue.

Not sure where you're getting the 80% asymptomatic number. I've heard 80% don't go to the hospital. I knew some people here when things were bad who didn't want to go and dealt with it at home. Some of them got pretty sick.

Anyway, for all we know he doesn't even have it. And Gohmert is a liar, so I don't believe anything he says anyway. I do believe he tested positive or he would have flown to TX with trump that day. The results on those rapid tests are questionable. No matter the outcome, he will say hydroxychloroquine cured him, and trump will use it as a shining example. If he dies, it will be a mere inconvenience for trump, like his good friend Herman Cain.

Old 07-31-2020, 06:33 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
You mean this one?
Treatment with Hydroxychloroquine Cut Death Rate Significantly in COVID-19 Patients, Henry Ford Health System Study Shows

DETROIT – Treatment with hydroxychloroquine cut the death rate significantly in sick patients hospitalized with COVID-19 – and without heart-related side-effects, according to a new study published by Henry Ford Health System.

In a large-scale retrospective analysis of 2,541 patients hospitalized between March 10 and May 2, 2020 across the system’s six hospitals, the study found 13% of those treated with hydroxychloroquine alone died compared to 26.4% not treated with hydroxychloroquine. None of the patients had documented serious heart abnormalities; however, patients were monitored for a heart condition routinely pointed to as a reason to avoid the drug as a treatment for COVID-19.

The study was published today in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases, the peer-reviewed, open-access online publication of the International Society of Infectious Diseases (ISID.org).

Patients treated with hydroxychloroquine at Henry Ford met specific protocol criteria as outlined by the hospital system’s Division of Infectious Diseases. The vast majority received the drug soon after admission; 82% within 24 hours and 91% within 48 hours of admission. All patients in the study were 18 or over with a median age of 64 years; 51% were men and 56% African American.
No I don't mean that one, since we were discussing the prophylactic capabilities of HCQ and that study isn't looking at that.

I'm aware of that study - it's been well publicized for a while now. It's encouraging, but are you aware of the inherent issues with "retrospective" studies?

Old 07-31-2020, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The demographic was people in early date of infections not prophylaxis.

https://twin-cities.umn.edu/news-eve...roquine-has-no

Right, that's what I thought.

The Henry Ford WHIP study is looking at prophylaxis.

Old 07-31-2020, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Give urine tests to the Dems to see how many have been taking HCQ prophylactically or therapeutically while shaming others for using it.
Is that you Dr. Stella?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies